Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Boy Toy care & repair thread

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Boy Toy care & repair thread

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I have a BT3 Dark Sky. The long "tab" of her oral insert pops our of the ridge in the roof of her mouth frequently when I move her around. I pull it out about an inch then slide it in. It works, but its only temporary.

Is there a better way to affix it in place?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

TJ_Foxx wrote:I have a BT3 Dark Sky. The long "tab" of her oral insert pops our of the ridge in the roof of her mouth frequently when I move her around. I pull it out about an inch then slide it in. It works, but its only temporary.

Is there a better way to affix it in place?

After checking with Joe at BT/Phoenix Studios, Sil-poxy is the best fix. These inserts are designed to be permanent not removable. The same goes for their face if it comes loose form the skull, so more magnets, the head is an entire unit. Only the tongue is removable.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

TJ_Foxx wrote: After checking with Joe at BT/Phoenix Studios, Sil-poxy is the best fix. These inserts are designed to be permanent not removable. The same goes for their face if it comes loose form the skull, so more magnets, the head is an entire unit. Only the tongue is removable.
I wish I read this before I ripped my BT3's face off on the day she arrived! I don't know if it was a production flaw, but her eyelids were attached to her face and they wouldn't open and close, so I had to remove her face in order to "free" her eyelids.

So my BT3's face is currently not glued to her skull (and now is her oral insert) but she seems to look just fine and the oral insert stays pretty secure unless I do something rough to her mouth, which I don't.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

HighZenBerg wrote:
TJ_Foxx wrote: After checking with Joe at BT/Phoenix Studios, Sil-poxy is the best fix. These inserts are designed to be permanent not removable. The same goes for their face if it comes loose form the skull, so more magnets, the head is an entire unit. Only the tongue is removable.
I wish I read this before I ripped my BT3's face off on the day she arrived! I don't know if it was a production flaw, but her eyelids were attached to her face and they wouldn't open and close, so I had to remove her face in order to "free" her eyelids.

So my BT3's face is currently not glued to her skull (and now is her oral insert) but she seems to look just fine and the oral insert stays pretty secure unless I do something rough to her mouth, which I don't.
HighZen,

Her eyelids should not have been attached to the face. Hmmm.

Tasha's face is not glued to the skull anymore because we had to do a repair to her skull last summer. I do want to re-silpox her forehead and her face in the cheek area where dabs of silpox were before. Over time you will see her face shifts down from gravity and you can't see her mouth/teeth as well.

I re-glued the oral insert so she would not get that "bunny teeth" look that so many Sky's have. I don't do anything with her mouth either, except kiss her.

Do you have silpoxy?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

TJ_Foxx wrote: HighZen,

Her eyelids should not have been attached to the face. Hmmm.

Tasha's face is not glued to the skull anymore because we had to do a repair to her skull last summer. I do want to re-silpox her forehead and her face in the cheek area where dabs of silpox were before. Over time you will see her face shifts down from gravity and you can't see her mouth/teeth as well.

I re-glued the oral insert so she would not get that "bunny teeth" look that so many Sky's have. I don't do anything with her mouth either, except kiss her.

Do you have silpoxy?
Hi TJ,

Yup, I ordered silpoxy on Amazon (that stuff ain't cheap!), and it's on its way.

With regards to the eyelids, they were attached to the face like "hanging chads" near the outer corners of the eye openings. I knew that they were supposed to be separate, so I pulled them off. The slightest tug was enough to detach them.

I totally understand how you would want to silpoxy her face to the skull. I've only had my BT3 for 2 weeks, and it already feels like the facial skin is loosening. I really wish I could attach velcro so that I can easily remove or adjust the face for cleaning and maintenance, but I'm afraid velcro is too bulky and would show bulges on the face where there's velcro underneath. I could try chiseling troughs into the skull so that the velcro would sit flush, but at that point, I feel like I'm risking damage to this fine work of art.

Hzb

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

I have had a Boy Toy since July. I am usually very hard on things I own, so I have tried to be as delicate as possible with my Boy Toy Alison but there have been a few issues that have happened recently. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can offer insights about whether or not these things can be reasonably fixed as I would like to be able to enjoy many more years with her. Unfortunately I don't have pics at the moment but can post ASAP if needed.

- The coloring around the very edges of her lips has started to wear off a little bit.

- There is a circular area a few inches wide around the nipple on her right breast that is slightly discolored.

- She has had many finger pokes. I ordered the repair kit from Boy Toy / Real Doll, but I think I used too much of the material because her finger tips are now bumpy. Is there anyway to safely remove the material and start again. If not, is there any way to make the way it looks any nicer?

- Also, Is it okay to put press-on finger nails on a Boy Toy?

Thanks in advance!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

RussMeyerFan wrote: It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can offer insights about whether or not these things can be reasonably fixed ...
- The coloring around the very edges of her lips has started to wear off a little bit.
Abyss sells nail/nipple/lip repair kits, basically powfer and thinner that you mix with silicone adhesive and apply to repair the color. I personally would wait until the fading was worse than 'a little bit' before redoing lip color this way. You can also use regular lipstick on her.
RussMeyerFan wrote:- There is a circular area a few inches wide around the nipple on her right breast that is slightly discolored.
Need pics.
RussMeyerFan wrote: - She has had many finger pokes. I ordered the repair kit from Boy Toy / Real Doll, but I think I used too much of the material because her finger tips are now bumpy. Is there anyway to safely remove the material and start again. If not, is there any way to make the way it looks any nicer?
You can pick off excess adhesive or cut it off with cuticle scissors.
RussMeyerFan wrote: - Also, Is it okay to put press-on finger nails on a Boy Toy?
I successfully cemented acrylic nails on my Boy Toy doll with silicone adhesive, they were very durable.
My Doll Album is here!

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

ks wrote:
RussMeyerFan wrote: - Also, Is it okay to put press-on finger nails on a Boy Toy?
I successfully cemented acrylic nails on my Boy Toy doll with silicone adhesive, they were very durable.
Same here. I found though using tips from the good professor dodgeman, made it much easier.
1) cleaning the doll's hand where the nail will go with acetone is essential,
2) slightly rough up the inside of the fingernail and clean it with acetone as well.
3) a little smooth dab of silpoxy/RD adhesive
4) put the nail in place, wrap in saran and tape.
5) Let set and cure over night, at least 12 hours

I did all 10 of Tasha's nails and they look great.

Dr. Dodgeman, if I missed anything please add/correct. :D
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Yes, always clean the area with acetone before applying adhesive for all repairs.

Acrylic nails add realism to your doll as well! When you hold her hand and the nails are hard acrylic as nails should be, not soft silicone.
My Doll Album is here!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

TJ_Foxx wrote:
ks wrote:
Same here. I found though using tips from the good professor dodgeman, made it much easier.
2) slightly rough up the inside of the fingernail and clean it with acetone as well.

Great job TJ you did well, couldn't have said it better myself! :D I have not tried the press-on type of nails with their own adhesive. I read somewhere on the forum where it was done before but, that type of adhesive sometimes has trouble getting a hold of the silicone finger! Use some acetone or rubbing alcohol to clean the top of the fingers and then try a set of the press-on type and see how it works! :thumbs_up:

HighZenBerg

Post by HighZenBerg »

TJ_Foxx wrote:
ks wrote:

I'd love to do this - do you attach the acrylic nails directly over the existing silicone nails, or do you remove some of the existing silicone nails first?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I have a swag of info on Lexi my BT3 restoration in this thread to....

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... g&start=45

Trust it helps...she is worth the effort as she was the first off the line off custom BT3 Stars

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

ks wrote:
RussMeyerFan wrote: It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can offer insights about whether or not these things can be reasonably fixed ...
Abyss sells nail/nipple/lip repair kits, basically powfer and thinner that you mix with silicone adhesive and apply to repair the color. I personally would wait until the fading was worse than 'a little bit' before redoing lip color this way. You can also use regular lipstick on her.
RussMeyerFan wrote:- There is a circular area a few inches wide around the nipple on her right breast that is slightly discolored.
Need pics.
RussMeyerFan wrote: - She has had many finger pokes. I ordered the repair kit from Boy Toy / Real Doll, but I think I used too much of the material because her finger tips are now bumpy. Is there anyway to safely remove the material and start again. If not, is there any way to make the way it looks any nicer?
You can pick off excess adhesive or cut it off with cuticle scissors.
Here are pics of the discolored area on her breast and the wear on her lips. The pic of the breast was hard to take in a way that accurately depicted the problem. If you look closely, you can see that the area several inches around the circumference of the nipple is slightly darker than the rest of the breast and body. As for the lips, you can see the edge of the top lip is starting to come off. I didn't take a pic of her fingers yet, but I have done such a bad job trying to repair them that I fear there isn't a way to make them look presentable again :-(
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 7538 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 7538 times

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

RussMeyerFan wrote:
Here are pics of the discoloured area on her breast and the wear on her lips. The pic of the breast was hard to take in a way that accurately depicted the problem. If you look closely, you can see that the area several inches around the circumference of the nipple is slightly darker than the rest of the breast and body. As for the lips, you can see the edge of the top lip is starting to come off. I didn't take a pic of her fingers yet, but I have done such a bad job trying to repair them that I fear there isn't a way to make them look presentable again :-(
The discoloured area on the breast looks like sealant was sprayed on the area a little unevenly after the nipples were applied. I don't think you can fix that without making it worse, it looks very minor. Do you powder your doll? Light powdering would help to blend that discolouration in and it should fade over time.

The lips... you can get the repair kit from Abyss and try to redo them or touch them up. But it takes a fair amount of practise and a bit of artistry to get them perfect. If it were up to me I would leave them as they are until they get worse as this little flaw looks pretty minor, and I know I'd make it worse. But that's up to you of course. I wonder if you could find a colour match lip liner and just touch up that edge of her lips.
My Doll Album is here!

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

ks wrote:
RussMeyerFan wrote:
Here are pics of the discoloured area on her breast and the wear on her lips. The pic of the breast was hard to take in a way that accurately depicted the problem. If you look closely, you can see that the area several inches around the circumference of the nipple is slightly darker than the rest of the breast and body. As for the lips, you can see the edge of the top lip is starting to come off. I didn't take a pic of her fingers yet, but I have done such a bad job trying to repair them that I fear there isn't a way to make them look presentable again :-(
The discoloured area on the breast looks like sealant was sprayed on the area a little unevenly after the nipples were applied. I don't think you can fix that without making it worse, it looks very minor. Do you powder your doll? Light powdering would help to blend that discolouration in and it should fade over time.

The lips... you can get the repair kit from Abyss and try to redo them or touch them up. But it takes a fair amount of practise and a bit of artistry to get them perfect. If it were up to me I would leave them as they are until they get worse as this little flaw looks pretty minor, and I know I'd make it worse. But that's up to you of course. I wonder if you could find a colour match lip liner and just touch up that edge of her lips.
Thank you very much for your input.

I do powder my doll about once every month or two depending on my schedule. I think that it has helped offset the discoloration a bit. As far as the lips, I am definitely not artistically inclined and don't want to chance making a relatively small issue even worse. I will try to find some lip liner though. Could anyone provide some possible suggestions of places online to order from? Her lip color is "natural."

Part of me is upset that I have a doll that cost several thousand dollars with damage already, but another part of me looks at it from the perspective that real people have flaws too so this kind of makes her more realistic. Either way, I still love my doll :-)

INFORMATIONS