Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Totally New To This - Just Placed An Order

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Totally New To This - Just Placed An Order

Post by dodgeman »

RussMeyerFan wrote:Thanks for all of the advice!

I keep reading about the need to powder the doll. Can someone please explain to me what kind of powder I need and exactly how I would go about applying it properly?
Hello RussMeyerFan,

As Campion has said, use a good grade of baby powder for your doll. I have just reread the Abyss website in the F.A.Q. section to verify the type of powder that should be used. Abyss recommends using Johnsons baby powder which is most commonly corn starch based OR talcum powder, so you can use either one as you wish without any issues but, do not use it on her face as the face does not need to be powdered. :D I have been using baby powder that is corn starch based for all of my dolls and I use some of the store brands as well as Johnsons all with great success. :D I will post a photo of a great face and body sculpting brush from ecotools that I use for powdering my dolls and it is about 3 inches wide and covers a large area. I have posted this photo on several threads to help many doll owners with a guide for good brushes! This brush is on their website and is 11.95 or 11.99 and the part number is 1255 as you can see on the upper right corner of the package in the photo! Hope this helps you with the powdering of you doll when she gets home! :D

Congrats on your order of a new BT Winter, I have a BT3 Winter myself and she is beautiful! :mrgreen:
Attachments
P1010470.JPG
P1010470.JPG (75.28 KiB) Viewed 2409 times

Karlie
Doll
Doll

Post by Karlie »

Hi RussMeyerFan
congratulations!!!

I can't wait to meet a new sister!! :)

Luv,
Karlie

robbous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by robbous »

RussMeyerFan wrote:Today is a red letter day as I have placed an order for a doll. Like a guiding voice, I recently got the urge to visit the Real Doll website and just look around. When I saw the sale going on and knew, that with some creative financial shuffling, I could eek it out, I suddenly realized that something I had half joked about with my friends for years could now be a real possibility. None of the dolls quite caught my eye as I clicked around the Real Dolls, but when I found out about Boy Toys, I liked the real-meets-fantasy aspect of what I saw. When I saw the Winter model with the black hair, I kind of fell in love. After debating some other options on the site, I just couldn't take my eyes off of her pictures and I knew she was the one.

I will obviously have a long time (8 weeks or so) to second guess my decision, but something tells me that when she arrives I will instantly know I made the right choice. The only thing that really has me nervous is the social taboos involved here. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with this (obviously) but I know there will come a time when close friends and family find out and I know that, even though they will still love me, their perceptions of who I am will be forever changed. How do you doll owners deal with that aspect?

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I will no doubt have lots of questions for you all in the next few weeks. Looking forward to joining the community!
I am in the same boat as you my friend i too use to joke around about these dolls with friends and family and i to am taking the plunge but in my situation i am getting a used RealDoll-2 Deluxe Voluptuous Torso Doll that was taken very well care of and is absolutely beautiful! i swear i fell in love with her when i seen her. I knew i had to have her. Someday i will work my way up to A Boy Toy doll but for now i am looking forward to meeting my new gal. I too worry about friends and family finding out but ya know what its ok, i have been married and divorced and have dated countless woman that have just taken advantage of me and used me. i live alone and work alot so this will be nice to have my new girl to keep me company. Until i really meet that " ONE" real woman that will rock my world and that i can trust i am going to spoil my new Gal once i get her.

robbous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by robbous »

dodgeman wrote:

I keep reading about the need to powder the doll. Can someone please explain to me what kind of powder I need and exactly how I would go about applying it properly?
Hello RussMeyerFan,

As Campion has said, use a good grade of baby powder for your doll. I have just reread the Abyss website in the F.A.Q. section to verify the type of powder that should be used. Abyss recommends using Johnsons baby powder which is most commonly corn starch based OR talcum powder, so you can use either one as you wish without any issues but, do not use it on her face as the face does not need to be powdered. :D I have been using baby powder that is corn starch based for all of my dolls and I use some of the store brands as well as Johnsons all with great success. :D I will post a photo of a great face and body sculpting brush from ecotools that I use for powdering my dolls and it is about 3 inches wide and covers a large area. I have posted this photo on several threads to help many doll owners with a guide for good brushes! This brush is on their website and is 11.95 or 11.99 and the part number is 1255 as you can see on the upper right corner of the package in the photo! Hope this helps you with the powdering of you doll when she gets home! :D

Congrats on your order of a new BT Winter, I have a BT3 Winter myself and she is beautiful! :mrgreen:
Thanks for sharing this info, i just asked a member from here the same question and now with your post it is answered TY :multi:

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

dodgeman wrote:

Hello RussMeyerFan,

Thank you for the insights! I am going to order that brush and some baby powder.

I still have over two months to go until I meet my doll (I think I will name her Alison). I have never anticipated something so much in my life.

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

campion wrote:Rookie mistakes:
  • - Expecting your doll to arrive exactly as you imagine her to be. She'll be different, at least slightly, so resist any knee-jerk disappointment. She is a fairly magical creature if you give her a chance.
    - Selling your doll soon after purchase because she wasn't exactly what you imagined her to be. Patience, young padwan, the real magic sets in when you come home to her after a tough day and she's there for you.
    - Damaging your doll during the act because you're so fired up you kinda don't care if she's damaged at that point. You will when it's over.
    - Neglecting to clean and powder your doll regularly. Taking your time with this is not just caring for a major investment, it builds intimacy and a sense of closeness. You'll get more out of her in every way.
    - Hands and fingers are delicate as hell, try not to learn this the hard way.
    - Pullover dresses and shirts. Buy clothes instead that zip in back or button in front. Pulling things onto your doll can be nigh impossible. They're flexible, bit not as flexible as human women. Even with buttons and zippers, put dresses on from the bottom up, rather than the top down.
    - Clothes that don't fit or are sloppy. Clothe her in the style you'd want your dream girlfriend to wear. Just looking over at her will then become a constant thrill. Don't buy a lot of clothes at first, just buy quality things that you'd really want a GF in. Buy a nice chemise if you plan to sleep beside her. Protect her feet by keeping her in stockings or nylons or even socks at all times.
    - Using clothes with dark or rich colors (reds, blues). Keep colors light if you can so you won't have to worry about staining her: lots of white, ivory, beige, light yellows, light pinks. Buy a lingerie washing machine bag and run anything that isn't white or ivory through at least a couple of cycles. Stains suck!
    - Bad or merely included wigs. Get at least one good one, human hair blend if you can't afford human hair. More than anything else, the wig makes the doll.
    - Not preparing to warm your doll. Dolls are cold without being heated first. An electric blanket and onahole warmer can take the edge off and make sleeping with her and the sex even better.
    - Not having a good place/plan to store/hide your doll when company is over.

AND THE NUMBER ONE ROOKIE MISTAKE: Getting a doll that's too heavy because her figure seemed so delicious. You avoided this one by wisely choosing a Boy Toy. Bodes well for avoiding other mistakes!
That's a start. Get these right and you'll be well on your way to a good experience with your new sweetie. :glou:
This should be a sticky. For real.
"One person's craziness is another person's reality." - Tim Burton
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

If my dolls ships on my estimated ship date, I will hopefully have her by this time in three weeks (I have already waited almost nine weeks)! This wait has been excruciating. Sometimes I feel like I totally dreamed the idea of ordering her.

Several new outfits (which I have hand-washed twice without any color coming out in the water - is that a good sign that staining is not very likely?) as well as powder, a brush and a new pin-up / Bettie Page style wig are ready to go. I even called Seko and spoke with them about delivery when the time comes (it seems like they deliver between 1-5 in my area, which isn't good for me because I am at work at that time and have no one to sign for the package. They said I could leave a note with my signature but I live in an apartment and it would have to sit on my porch until I got home. Has anyone had experience with Seko leaving the package?)

I will make sure to introduce you all to Alison when she arrives :-)

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

The wait it the worst part of it. Hang in there were looking forward to seeing her.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

I told my dad and brothers. None of them seemed to give much of a shit, Although we'll see if they ever bring there kids over to visit again rofl.

"Daddy, Why does uncle play with dolls?" is not a question they wanna answer I am sure lol.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

Can I apply and remove nail polish to the doll? What about lipstick?

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

I emailed Joe yesterday to find out the status of my order and got some bad news. Unfortunately they just changed some things in the studio and I was told orders (including mine) could be delayed 10-12 business days. While the extra wait will be tough, the positive is that by the time the doll ships I will be on vacation and should be able to be at home for the delivery. Also, the extra time allowed me to upgrade to face and body freckles that I regretted not ordering in the first place as well as hi-realism eyes. I can only imagine how beautiful my doll will be when I finally get the chance to lay eyes on her!

I also want to say again that the customer service at Boy Toy is really outstanding. Joe is quick to reply, answers any questions (which I have many), and is very pleasant to deal with.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

RussMeyerFan wrote:I emailed Joe yesterday to find out the status of my order and got some bad news. Unfortunately they just changed some things in the studio and I was told orders (including mine) could be delayed 10-12 business days. While the extra wait will be tough, the positive is that by the time the doll ships I will be on vacation and should be able to be at home for the delivery. Also, the extra time allowed me to upgrade to face and body freckles that I regretted not ordering in the first place as well as hi-realism eyes. I can only imagine how beautiful my doll will be when I finally get the chance to lay eyes on her!

I also want to say again that the customer service at Boy Toy is really outstanding. Joe is quick to reply, answers any questions (which I have many), and is very pleasant to deal with.
Everything happen for a reason Russ. Seems like this worked in your favor. :thumbs_up: I love my Tasha, I am sure you will love your Winter.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS