dollstudio.org

Nori

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
anataus

Re: Nori

Post by anataus »

Dollstudio wrote:
anataus wrote:Of course I was not neither talking about a packaging nor I expected a filled balloon like doll
So please clarify what you are talking about. Share an URL or post a picture.

-Ira
Everybody here understood what I was talking about
If you dont want to answer ...that's fine , no probleM

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Please share an URL or post a picture of the layer that is supposed to be on the surface of a fabric plush doll. Without visually clarifying what you consider a layer, this discussion is pretty pointless. An image might help, really ;-)

-Ira
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

Here ya go! I just got pictures of mine before she ships. I put a down payment on her and then paid the rest just recently. This cut back on the time it took for her to be ready to ship considerably..
1.jpg
1.jpg (87.61 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (50.56 KiB) Viewed 2607 times
If you look closely at the face and consider that the head is hard styrofoam, you may get an idea of the layer you are talking about. It probaly has a little bit of 'give' but is held tight by the sewn 'cap' and the eyes. The body is sewn at seams to form a core from the skeleton. I'm sure it is posible to wrinkle or shift the skin, but it will likely sort itself back to it's original shape quickly. They've had quite some time to perfect this popular design.

I can't wait to get her and am planning on doing a big photoshoot once she gets here! :multi:

I think they are the answer to "Can I get an anime girl that's just like the art?"!
For the "Can I get a woman that's plush?" question, I would say go for Teddy Babes or Textile doll (although they both have cartoon/anime faces available as well)!

I expect she will be very soft, very posable, and be very deeply sausaged! :P

I CAN'T WAIT!! 8O

I'm sure my wife will have a great time setting her clothes and hair up for me, and when I roll over during the night from snuggling with my spouse, I will have this cuddly and warm sweety to spoon..

:angel:

:eating:
;-P( | )q-;

Dreams are where life goes to die
Life is where dreams go to die

anataus

Post by anataus »

Dollstudio wrote:Please share an URL or post a picture of the layer that is supposed to be on the surface of a fabric plush doll. Without visually clarifying what you consider a layer, this discussion is pretty pointless. An image might help, really ;-)

-Ira
I already pointed you at a pic
Again

Post subject : 169 Anime Deluxe pics
The next to last pic
The wrinkles on the left shoulder

It is hard to assume that such wrinkles are due to the deformation of the fabric body
It is quite evident that there is an additional thin layer on top of it
Probably to hide seams and irregularities of the underneath material
The result is a nice loking doll but a bad cuddling one, if such layer moves.....a big mistake

anataus

Post by anataus »

Staraway wrote:
I'm sure it is posible to wrinkle or shift the skin, but it will likely sort itself back to it's original shape quickly. :
Probably you are right , yet I dont appreciate such solution
I dont want the skin to slide on the underneath fabric body

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

anataus wrote:Post subject : 169 Anime Deluxe pics
What is "Post subject : 169 Anime Deluxe pics"? It is not a thread on TDF.

-Ira
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Streetlife
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Streetlife »

He meant 160 anime deluxe pics.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 42&t=59701

anataus, it really does just sound like Nori isn't the doll for you.

anataus

Post by anataus »

Streetlife wrote:He meant 160 anime deluxe pics.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 42&t=59701

anataus, it really does just sound like Nori isn't the doll for you.
Yes, It is what I meant
IMG_20150221_105600.jpg
IMG_20150221_105600.jpg (398.44 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
I suppose that everybody agree that there is a thin layer
The point is

The wrinkels on the left shoulder are permanent manufacture defects or you can create them by simply softly rubbing her arm ?
The former is acceptable tha latter is not...my tastes, of course

Streetlife
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Streetlife »

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 29#p578329

That thread has a video review of an anime doll. It's not the nori, but aside from the height and the gel inserts in the breasts, it is pretty much the same thing. In one of the videos, Teo shows what is under the fabric of the neck by undoing the zipper. His doll also has a small hole in the knee that reveals another layer of fabric below.

I don't know if the videos will be helpful or not, but it can't hurt to suggest it, I suppose.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

anataus wrote:I suppose that everybody agree that there is a thin layer […]
The wrinkels on the left shoulder are permanent manufacture defects or you can create them by simply softly rubbing her arm ?
Thanks, Streetlife, for helping out!

However, I still don't see a "thin layer". If you view the image at 100%, you can even recognize the texture of the fabric on the surface f the doll (upper right), and you can clearly see semlines (in the middle of the picture: around her breasts; lower left: on the sides of her fingers). If there was some kind of layer on top of the fabric, you most probably couldn't recognize structures like textures or seamlines as they would be covered.

Obviously, wrinkles in a fabric plush doll are neither "manufacture defects" nor are they permanent. They happen because that's just like fabrik works. Look at a skirt or a trouser; if you bend your leg, the fabric will cause "wrinkles".

You seem to expect a fabric plush doll to be anything else but a fabric plush doll; I'd suggest not to buy this doll as long as you don't accept that she is made of fabric and stuffing.

-Ira

Streetlife
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Streetlife »

I just took another quick look at that review thread. The part where he unzips the neck isn't in the youtube vid parts, so if you want to see it, you'll need to download the avi file that's in the thread's second page.

In the 3rd youtube vid, around the 4-5 minute mark, you can see a similar folding in that doll's shoulder.

anataus

Post by anataus »

Nori is covered with a layer made of a spandex like material
A polyurhetane elastic and extensible syntetic fiber which can garantee a good but, probably, a not perfect adherence to the underneath body

INFORMATIONS