www.ordoll.com

My order with OR Doll.

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: My order with OR Doll.

Post by deadpringle »

timetraveler1 wrote: This is not meant as a slap in the face to other higher cost doll makers , as their are people who have more money and can afford higher priced dolls and or may rather have more expensive silicon dolls !
I agree, and I think TPE is a wonderful material. Honestly, silicone isn't really what drove my purchasing choice. It was how the dolls look, and how durable and rugged they are.

The more I see of these TPE dolls, the more I want one. And it's great that they're cheaper, because it will be easier to have *more* of them. TPE still isn't as rugged as silicone, nor does it last as long, however, this does not detract from the obvious advantages of TPE. I see one of two things happening here:
--
1.) TPE will be developed into a much more rugged longer-lasting material which will compete directly with silicone, which will require silicone manufacturers to lower their prices, or change their material.
2.) These dolls overall will become so commonplace that silicone doll manufacturers will have no choice but to streamline their manufacturing pipeline, and likely lower their prices.

Either way, as time marches on, I see nothing but "win-win" on the horizon. :)
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

Ryanontherun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Ryanontherun »

deadpringle wrote: I'm not sure who is telling you that silicone dolls cannot accommodate great sexual positions. Sounds like someone might have been feeding you a bit of a sales pitch, or zeal. Like it or not, there is a reason why TPE is cheaper. Don't get me wrong. I like the TPE dolls I've seen, and I have several on my list after I've purchased my second DS doll. However, be advised, you will get what you pay for.

I would recommend taking care not to move any doll's joints in any direction too quickly or forcefully. In any case, I hope your doll rocks your world! Congratulations! :)
Thanks for insight the deadpringle, I'm happy to have a silicone doll owner lend insight to my inexperience.

Although I had the funds to purchase any price range of doll I chose, I felt it was vitally important to not allow price be involved in swaying my choice. I was shopping for realism, most importantly softness and range of movement. I wanted this from silicone but felt it was inferior to tpe in this regard.. granted, not by much.

I might realize (after I receiver her) that I made a mistake. I might wish that I'd chose the more hygienic, more detailed, longer lasting doll. I feel that one day, I might go after a sil doll, but for right now, I'm curious to see if my affection matches that of other tdf members with the new OR doll and tpe.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Ryanontherun wrote:
Thanks for insight the deadpringle, I'm happy to have a silicone doll owner lend insight to my inexperience.

Although I had the funds to purchase any price range of doll I chose, I felt it was vitally important to not allow price be involved in swaying my choice. I was shopping for realism, most importantly softness and range of movement. I wanted this from silicone but felt it was inferior to tpe in this regard.. granted, not by much.

I might realize (after I receiver her) that I made a mistake. I might wish that I'd chose the more hygienic, more detailed, longer lasting doll. I feel that one day, I might go after a sil doll, but for right now, I'm curious to see if my affection matches that of other tdf members with the new OR doll and tpe.

Yes, this is true, silicone typically is not quite as soft as TPE (at least not the classic formulas in use), though DS' new formula is supposed to rival that of TPE. With that said, TPE is reportedly a very realistic-feeling material, so there is a reason to look into these dolls as well. I plan on owning a healthy mix as time goes on. There's no reason to not partake in everyone's offerings. Though, before I do this, I will need to satiate my desire for a DS 168cm plus. ;)

When I hold May, her body feels just a tad more stiff than a typical girl of her size. Actually, she feels like she's been spending a lot of time at the gym to me. :) When we're together, the visual stimulus alone is enough to negate any doubt of her realism. I have a very hard time noticing much difference between May and a real woman. The intercourse is even less discernible.

Mainly I just didn't want you to think that your options were limited only to TPE dolls. There are lots of wonderful dolls out there made of varying materials: TPE, silicone, fabric, plush, etc. I plan to partake of them all eventually.

TPE dolls are not at all a bad purchase, and I hope I don't come across as saying so. Just make sure you treat her as carefully and tenderly as any human girl, and she'll surely bring you years of joy. Silicone is reported to be more rugged and last longer, but longevity is far from the only quality that defines a satisfactory doll experience. I can't see going with an OR doll being a mistake. They are very beautiful. Judging by your specs, I think you made a splendid choice. :)

Hope she rocks your world! :D

dollguy13
Former Member

Post by dollguy13 »

Truthfully no one should make the statement TPE is worst than silicone because it's a generalized statement that is not true.

you can't compare the two because they are both different. Both TPE and silicone have their advantages and disadvantages. There are different grades of TPE just as there are different grades silicone. The ORdoll grade of TPE is very high.

Silicone is more for aesthetics, it's light weight & can be very detailed, more susceptible to tears, and feels wet if not powdered,

TPE is better for play, slightly heavier, stains easier, tears less, is softer material that feels wonderful if powdered

flexibility is attributed to manufacturer.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

dollguy13 wrote:Truthfully no one should make the statement TPE is worst than silicone because it's a generalized statement that is not true.

you can't compare the two because they are both different. Both TPE and silicone have their advantages and disadvantages. There are different grades of TPE just as there are different grades silicone. The ORdoll grade of TPE is very high.

Silicone is more for aesthetics, it's light weight & can be very detailed, more susceptible to tears, and feels wet if not powdered,

TPE is better for play, slightly heavier, stains easier, tears less, is softer material that feels wonderful if powdered

flexibility is attributed to manufacturer.

I agree with above statement, and have experinece from both worlds.

/Asterix

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

dollguy13 wrote:Truthfully no one should make the statement TPE is worst than silicone because it's a generalized statement that is not true.
:deadhorse:

How about this... buy a doll because she catches your eye and she's in your price range, not because of the materials used to make her. Let's end this discussion about TPE vs. silicone, because ultimately, it's an insipid and pointless argument.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

I think our friend Ryanontherun is going to love his OR doll. Excellent choice, beautiful doll, and he can expect the "playtime" to be exceptional.

:glou:

Ryanontherun
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Ryanontherun »

deadpringle wrote: TPE dolls are not at all a bad purchase, and I hope I don't come across as saying so. Just make sure you treat her as carefully and tenderly as any human girl, and she'll surely bring you years of joy. Silicone is reported to be more rugged and last longer, but longevity is far from the only quality that defines a satisfactory doll experience. I can't see going with an OR doll being a mistake. They are very beautiful. Judging by your specs, I think you made a splendid choice. :)

Hope she rocks your world! :D
No worries deadpringle, I know the importance of discerning material qualities before making a purchase and these discussions serve as a valuable resource to newcomers. The more experienced people, such as yourself, lend to discussion, the more we all gain.. After all, dolls are expensive, the learning curve is steep and resources are few. IMO, at this time period, every thread on TDF that generates discussion is priceless.

INFORMATIONS