teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe Shoulders

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
drmicrochip

Teddy Babe Shoulders

Post by drmicrochip »

Something just occured to me and I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on this forum or not but I was wondering if we should make a suggestion to Eigth Wonders about the shoulder joints on Teddy Babes and Deluxes. Let me explain. Currently the arms and shoulders on the dolls are not sewn or stiched to the torso of the doll. I think this would add more realism to the body of the dolls if the plush material was sewn over the shoulder so you don't see the gap between the shoulder and torso. You would still be able to move the arm up and down like you do now but not allow the arm to freely go in a 360 degree circle. What do you all think? Am I making sense?

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Teddy Babe Shoulders

Post by Sate »

Oddly enough man, I actually did almost exactly what you suggested a few weeks ago and posted a video about it. Here it is:

[youtube]c9-qJZMUtDU?[/youtube]

It is about as simple as a modification for the shoulder could go to remove something I really never liked about TBs: loose shoulders.

- Sate
My Dolls
- Elsa Babe 148cm RAD Doll - viewtopic.php?f=541&t=148889
- Elsa Babe 160cm Sakai - viewtopic.php?t=181973

Sate's Doll Archives
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84142

Special
Action Figures: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=95008
Video Game Models: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130012

cuddly

Re: Teddy Babe Shoulders

Post by cuddly »

While it very nicely eliminates the nasty hard shoulder discs, I would probably miss some movability. I want my Babe to be able to lift her arms above her head, especially for (un-)dressing. :mrgreen: This is why I'll do a different approach:

I'll use two such hollowed out bolts like I did for the neck, and have a wire go through it. The only issue it doesn't solve are wooden discs which stay in.
These pictures show Lian's new neck joint. Working nicely, just as intended. I still need some time for the shoulders, though.

CU cuddly and Lian

INFORMATIONS