betterlovedoll.com

TDF Member Ranks

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: TDF Member Ranks

Post by beardygoat »

RainLover wrote:I'm just glad you dumped the Doll Guru graphic. It was creepy looking. 8O

did you dump it??? yippie,,,,,,,, never mind my last post. BG

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

beardygoat wrote:you can do what you want but i will refuse to have Mike Myers sick guru face hovering over my avatar image. i will quit if i have to.. i refuse to see that stupid jerk as part of my identity here. please get rid of that. it is not needed or wanted. i am not kidding. no one should have to accept that.

i read you did drop myers!!!!!!! yes!!!!

i was only 300 posts away from quitting if i had to.
let me pick my own guru. or drop the GURU
Agreed. It wasn't even a good film.

But Beardy, be careful about complaining too loudly. I see I've been given an extra demotion to just an ordinary member.
Still, at least I haven't been given the honorary degree of ****bag.
Not yet, anyway. :P
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

Little late in coming into this flame war (lol), but,
beardygoat wrote: let me pick my own guru.
I know it's not possible now, but if it was, I'd choose Richard M. Stallman

Sorry for resurrecting such a necro topic…
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

BootLoop wrote:Little late in coming into this flame war (lol), but,
That's not surprising, considering you use Linux.
Sorry for resurrecting such a necro topic…
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
BootLoop wrote:Little late in coming into this flame war (lol), but,
That's not surprising, considering you use Linux.
I coulda chosen Linus Torvalds, Mark Shuttleworth (founder of the Ubuntu project and Canonical, Ltd.), or just even good ol' Tux… ;)

But rms just was the first guru who came to mind… :haha4:
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

LadyPeridot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by LadyPeridot »

Hopefully I stand up to my member rank.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=13760

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

GFELube wrote:
cosycottage wrote:uhh.... is there any way to pay to opt out of being called a Doll Wanker or whatever? :shakefist:
AlexKnight wrote:If you really don't want any of these special titles, and just want to be a Senior Member, that can be arranged, just send me a PM, and I'll set your rank.
Netwit wrote:Ah, you gave cosy the easy way out; I would have said "Well, you could have the title of Image" Image
Personally, I'm confused why anyone would prefer to be called a "Member" rather than a "Doll Wanker". If someone called me a Member to my face, I'd pull myself up to my full height and then spit all over them! :mrgreen:
Politicians here,and in Austrailia,UK are called Members of Parliment, some are women,most are wankers too :haha4: the senior members are Right Honorable Members before job title here. :evidence:

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

james1969 wrote: <snip>

Politicians here,and in Austrailia,UK are called Members of Parliment, some are women,most are wankers too :haha4: the senior members are Right Honorable Members before job title here. :evidence:
Have you ever read Hansard? From time to time, I glance at it. I find it funny to come across quotes in the parliamentary exchanges, such as:

Honourable member: Shame!

Honourable member: Oh-oh!

Reading that sometimes makes one wonder why anyone bothers to vote.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

katiesBoyfriend wrote:
james1969 wrote: <snip>

Have you ever read Hansard? From time to time, I glance at it. I find it funny to come across quotes in the parliamentary exchanges, such as:

No, i havent, is it anything like the old british tv series, yes minister? that was so funny. Recently i watched a Cabinet Meeting of local Mps, most of the seats were empty, one or two were asleep! my tax dollars at work i see. :roll:

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

james1969 wrote:
katiesBoyfriend wrote: <snip>

No, i havent, is it anything like the old british tv series, yes minister? that was so funny. Recently i watched a Cabinet Meeting of local Mps, most of the seats were empty, one or two were asleep! my tax dollars at work i see. :roll:
Hansard is the publication of the transcripts of all the proceedings in the House of Commons. I believe there's an edition for the provincial legislatures here in Canada.

Many years ago, there was a notorious incident in the House. The debate became rather acrimonious and Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau was seen mouthing something which was likely unparliamentary language, though no one could actually hear him saying it as the place had become so noisy. In the press scrum that followed that day's session, he claimed he had said "fuddle duddle". (And the country thought: "Yeah, right.")

That incident led to a small, but short-lived, cottage industry as people produced t-shirts displaying the words "Fuddle Duddle" and Trudeau's likeness (often a caricature).

That happened before television cameras were introduced in the House. Some time after parliamentary proceedings were broadcast, there was the time when he was actually did cuss somebody out. A party backbencher made some sort of remark which Trudeau took umbrage to. He turned around and shouted: "Who said that? I'll kick his ass!"

A few years later, he outdid himself. During a railroad trip across the country, his train was met by protesters. He was seen looking through the window and giving them the finger. After that, I've referred to that gesture as a "Trudeau salute".

Stuff like that reminds me of the saying from the late 1960s: don't vote--it only encourages them. :haha4:

cptnemo
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by cptnemo »

What is the minimum Post count / Rank to send PMs? I'm interested in buying a doll but unfortunately can't message to the other party...

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Welcome to the forum cap'n.
cptnemo wrote:What is the minimum Post count / Rank to send PMs?
5 posts are required to get full member access. May I suggest checking the Eye Candy or Dolls in General forums for inspiration :wink:
HTH :thumbs_up:

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

cptnemo
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by cptnemo »

Thanks! No problem to find intresting topics...

clayV

Post by clayV »

Beeblefitzer this is one hell of a read.

spf1245

Post by spf1245 »

As a relatively new member who started scouring the site in November, this was fun to see.
I wonder what's the criterion for being a Platinum member
Loving owner of:
JYdoll 163H / Nancy #89 + Yunshu #175 here
Sinodoll X163 / Megan S34 + Blair X6 here
DollSweet 145+ EVO Ling

What brought you to dolls
Doll vs Girlfriend

INFORMATIONS