www.wmdolls.com

Asking shop assistants for their mannequins.Would you do it?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Perfect10
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Asking shop assistants for their mannequins.Would you do it?

Post by Perfect10 »

Hi guys

I've been looking for a sex doll on the cheap and have decided a mannequin with a Fleshlight insert is the way forward.

I was out shopping with my Mum (I'm 30 years old BTW) and noticed the mannequins in the lingerie departent look hot in lingerie and a cost effective way instead of those overpriced (abeit good) real dolls.

I noticed a lot of guys here use E-bay and pay shipping costs- but has anyone ever thought of just asking if a store had some spare dolls?

I contemplated doing so with the cover story that my "penniless Artist friends in the College art department" need mannequins for drawing- sculpture- modern art etc.

You think that might work or would they see right through it?

Andrew1976
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Asking shop assistants for their mannequins.Would you do

Post by Andrew1976 »

I suppose its all about who and where you ask. Most shop assistants in big stores probably would not be in a position to get you one but in a smaller shop where you get served by the owner you might be lucky.
As for people "seeing through it" you have to remember that only you know what you want the doll for and to probably 99.9 percent of people they will take at face value what you say to them.
Best thing to do is be bold as brass walk in have a general chit chat whilst buying something and bring up your interest in photography or art or something and then show an interest in the mannequin and how you could use one of them in your current photography project or portfolio etc etc I am sure you get the idea.
I actually do photography and its interesting how acting in the manner described above can get you a long way to something you want as long as you appear genuine, honest and as professional as possible

Good luck Andy

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Honestly... most Mannequins companies who produce mannequins don't go into detail about who or what your going to use the doll for.... you have the money they well sell you the mannequin. But if it makes you feel better or you are asked about what you are buying the mannequin for then you can use your reason of buying it for the art department.

My rule of thumb is don't volunteer extra information unless asked and only to the extent to answer the question. :D
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

KiayanDom

Post by KiayanDom »

I think one of the best parts of being with Kiaya is that I don't have to act, or have a fake story.
She is a safe one for me to open up to and get close with. I often find that anything I acquire with a story (lie)
is usually nothing of long term value to my life / well being.

Good luck with your search, I don't see why any taking up space mannequins wouldn't be gratefully donated to any person asking.
In fact I received Kiaya as she was being taken out as trash.

PS. I learned the above lesson through years and years of exhausting lies. :O)
"Somewhere a Queen is weeping. Somewhere a King has no wife"- Jimi Hendrix

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

I got all my mannequins from second hand stores and flee markets. The sellers new that I wanted Mannequins because I like playing with life size dolls. No lies were necessary for me. When I had a bookstore I had one mannequin standing behind a small counter with a sign that said "Complaint department." It got lots of laughs, but also there was at least one person per week asking if they could buy her. They ranged from fashion designers to photographers to people like me who just wanted to have fun with her.
Even if you say that you want her for a cheep sex doll, the worst you will probably get is a roll of the eyes, or a raised brow. When I am buying cloths for my dolls I usually say I am shopping for life sized dolls. Only once I was asked if they are fetish dolls, and when I promptly said yes the woman just changed the subject.

regul8

Post by regul8 »

try craigslist. I'm going to post mine there soon...Where do u live?

Perfect10
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Perfect10 »

regul8 wrote:try craigslist. I'm going to post mine there soon...Where do u live?
I'm in the UK (England).

We have gumtree here which is basically our version of cragislist.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Go with gumtree, call flea markets, second hands stores, etc to see if they have anything available. In the US, we even have dedicated "used" store and business furnishing sellers.

You will get more mannequin> MQ for your money finding someone "trying" to sell their surplus MQ's.

You still may find a surplus MQ at a clothing shop or store by asking.
Sometimes people have things and just don't care to take the time to sell the item off.

Best of luck to you.
rubherkitty
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

mission

Post by mission »

Just look on e-bay for something new or newish. I've bought over 20 that way. Most mannequins actually used in shops are quite damaged.

Ruby13
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Ruby13 »

Perfect10:
Considering the low cost of a
new fiberglass display mannequin, you'd be better off spending the
bucks on what you really want. Rather than to settle for a damaged
mannequin in need of repair, "and probably in the the wrong position
for what you have in mind", find one worth spending the time to alter
with the insert of your choice. BTW, when you refer to the high end
silicone dolls as being "over priced", it's obvious you have no idea
of the multiple steps or cost involved in creating them! Good luck
with your project.

ciao Don@Ruby13

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Here in New York, they have lots of mannequin showrooms. They're expensive, but they're pretty good. With all the small businesses opening up, nobody would question you. They might just assume you're selling clothes on ebay or have a small online store. You just have to be a little careful about the types of questions you ask the owner.

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

There are so many mannequin collectors in the world that asking to buy a mannequin is not going to startle most shopkeepers. I even asked in a small museum in Chicago, years ago, when I saw one being taken off the floor. If you live near a major city, you can also call the design department of any major store and offer to take any of their used mannequins, which usually end up in the dumpster. I know of one collector who regularly dumpster-dives behind Neiman Marcus, Saks and others of their ilk. His collection is stunning.
When one encounters a situation or circumstance the reason for which appears illusive it is best to ask one's self; cui bono? Who benefits?

Sanhui - 145cm C Sakura Head
Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

PiscesRising
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by PiscesRising »

I've been looking at mannequins the past week and some of the (sexy mannequins) are really nice and cost between 100$ - 200$ usa and have some nice poses

INFORMATIONS