Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Disposing my doll

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

FBW
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Disposing my doll

Post by FBW »

I bought a RealDoll two years ago. She has served me well all this time, but alas, due to personal circumstances it's time to say goodbye to her. I live in the Netherlands and I want to dispose of her in a way that does not violate my privacy. I don't want others to know that I own a doll. What is the best way to do this? I've been thinking about using a saw to saw her into small pieces, wrap them in plastic bags and throw the parts in seperate public trash bins. Anyone have a better idea?

narcissus
Former Member

Re: Disposing my doll

Post by narcissus »

FBW wrote: in seperate public trash bins. Anyone have a better idea?
I am not sure what you mean by public trach bins. But I'd suggest sawing/cutting her up into little pieces and throwing her away where you usually throw your trash away, maybe small bags at a time, over a period of time, perhaps, or sprinkle her remains in with your regular trash over time.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Why destroying your doll :evil: Did you consider selling her thru TDF? The buyer should be able to respect your privacy.

redon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by redon »

Hi!This is my first comment i can't be cold on this topic :P I'm agreed with Nescio50 you don't to Dispose your doll,you can sell it, or at lest donate to someone who really want doll or something!becouse I know how hard is to get doll like this :\ :P btw. sorry for bad english :\

FBW
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by FBW »

What? People would buy second hand dolls? How much is such a doll worth? Mine has accumulated damage in various parts although it still looks good overall.

My situation is like this. I'm going to move into a much smaller apartment and there is simply no room for my doll. If I'm going to sell my doll I will have to do it before I move out.

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Put her on "Sales on TDF" with photos. List her for $1000 or less and she should sell fast.

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Hi FBW,

the place to sell dolls is the "Buy & Sell" forum.
If you plan to post there please make yourself familiar with the special rules there.

But I guess you first one to read some of the threads there, and then you should get some idea how much your doll is worth. In any case before sending her to the thrash just giving her away for local pick-up should be worth a try - it saves you the hassle to cut her into pieces and might make someone else happy ;)
(Please note that even for give-aways the rules apply - people are just used to see a picture first.)

However if you find no one within your time frame, the "cut into small pieces" is actually the way to do it :( If the parts are small enough you maybe do not even have to worry for most of the parts and just can place it in the local thrash bin, like narcissus suggested.

Oh, and to redon:
A warm welcome to TDF :) Glad to see you posting, good to see that taking care of dolls has stopped you from lurking any longer :multi:

Colonius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Colonius »

I agree that you should consider selling your doll before simply destroying it. I'm sure there are people who would love to buy your doll. It's best to do as tchon suggested and to have a look around the sales forum to see what dolls of your RDs age and condition are worth.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

If you don't want to ship her, try the classifieds in a local newspaper.
If you won't want people to know you're a doll owner, meet the buyer in a dark alley, and drop her off like a kidnap victim while getting the cash in unmarked bills.
Oh - make all calls from a pay phone & make sure you disguise yourself when dropping her off.

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

If you were in Canada I would be begging you to sell her to me. But since you are in Europe, and I have already blown my budget, I likely couldn't afford the cost of shipping.
It would be sad to see her destroyed though :cry: :cry: :cry:

vanksy
Ex-Member

Post by vanksy »

Gabrielle1
Doll
Doll

Post by Gabrielle1 »

It would be a crime to dispose of a two year old RD... someone will want her. Post a few pics...

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

i have bought and sold several used dolls no issues.

just like real girls. they have second sex partners. silicone can be cleaned very well.

delivery was with a simple pick up at their house, or they came to mine,at night, also shipped several. all good. sell your doll and share her creation in that way. you might be pleased at your returned investment .
good luck, sure it will sell.
BG

AlyDolly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: First star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by AlyDolly »

FBW you say shes surved you well for so many years wouldnt you feel just a little bad taking her into the bathtube and cuting her up into tiny peaces :oops:

People here buy second hand dolls almost every day . Iv seen the same doll used and resold over 3 or more times!
If your moving im sure you could use some extra cash right now .Take some quick picks list whats wrong with her and how much you want for her and try selling her!

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

AlyDolly wrote:FBW you say shes surved you well for so many years wouldnt you feel just a little bad taking her into the bathtube and cuting her up into tiny peaces :oops:

People here buy second hand dolls almost every day
I've bought 2 dolls that had previous owners, but I myself would never ever sell any of mine off. When I die some day - if I can't have them, no one will. :twisted: They will be buried in the trash in their makeshift caskets (cardboard boxes).

INFORMATIONS