Video

RealDoll 2 Uncrating Video

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

robotpimp

Re: RealDoll 2 Uncrating Video

Post by robotpimp »

If it comes straight out of the camera, the footage is quite raw. Depends on the camera though.

Give it a try, you may want to disable sleep mode on your PC though, to minimize frustration :)

Longshot

Post by Longshot »

robopimp I’m sorry to keep bugging you but since Laila and Amber have the same body, face and were born just a week apart in feel as thought they are related. :)

Do you have any problem with the face magnets near the ears staying fastened and if not is their some secrete to keeping them fastened? Amber’s face doesn’t fall off but it doesn’t take much for the ear magnets to come loose. The magnets don’t seem very strong. :roll:
May your roots be strong and your branches free to wander.

Here is my Amber’s Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13424

robotpimp

Post by robotpimp »

Yes, I have the same issue with the face magnets. About an hour ago I scraped off some material from the magnet sites, this seems to have helped as it prevented full contact between the fasteners. These magnets are very weak so every little thing counts! I will undoubtedly upgrade this to implement facial movements.

Longshot

Post by Longshot »

I read your thread about your facial expression project. If you can pull that off it certainly would increase the realism by a whole lot. I wonder if you could get Abyss to cast a thinner face. With the thickness of the current faces it seems like it would be difficult to achieve the necessary facial movement to create many different expressions. I know from the little experience that I’ve had with Maya and 3D modeling, facial morphs require a lot of skins weights to create expressions.

I have that missing receptacle on the skull chin as well. Figured that it was just some kind of design change. If the face seems like it’s going to be a problem I may just add a couple of Velcro fasteners. I’ll try your adhesive cleaning suggestion first.
May your roots be strong and your branches free to wander.

Here is my Amber’s Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13424

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

i'm not sure i know how to disable my sleep mode..... as long as i don't turn off the laptop it should be fine though, right???

robotpimp

Post by robotpimp »

Lorilei, it should be fine just check on it once in a while to make sure. If you need further help please send me a PM.

LorileiXAlec
Former Member

Post by LorileiXAlec »

thanQ for your help ^^

IrishFury
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by IrishFury »

She is beautiful! Good buy!

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by kharn »

Great vid Robotpimp and thanks for sharing :D Those crates are really well built, the longest part for me is removing all those staples from the plastic. That always takes me ages :D

Well done :thumbs_up:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

INFORMATIONS