sexyrealsexdolls.com

Edit Photo's in old post - RESOLVED

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.
eagle1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Edit Photo's in old post - RESOLVED

Post by eagle1 »

Anyone know how to edit photo's in old post as they now look like sh-t, they have been changed by someone as looked alot better than they do now

Regards
Eagle1

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Edit Photo's in old post

Post by AlexKnight »

Members can't edit their posts after 3 days, this is to protect the forum from members who want to delete their history here, which ruins a multitude of threads.

If you have a post you want to edit, and can't, you can just PM a moderator or administrator with the new text you want, and the link to the post.

Can you give me an example on the pictures in old posts, that now look bad?
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

eagle1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by eagle1 »

Hi Alex

Had a feeling that was the reason.

The photo's in this thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=29768 had been reduced because they were to big :roll: now they have been reduced again to a even smaller size :roll: and are now distorted

By the way do they now have to be this small or can they be larger than this, if they can be larger and chance you can change the size for me.

Regards
Anastasia, Kimi, Kiki Dee & Eagle1

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Seems like you're not the only one having that problem.

I'm afraid I can't help you but for future uploads use the attach function.
She told me to come but I was already there

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

Hi there :D

I had the same problem of resized pics when linking directly to Elle's website.
Radiv is right, using "attachment" is safe and it protects the history of a topic (pics hosted at TDF) = the way to go :D

I think that 3 days then we can't edit our posts is not enough, i come here every weekend so i've no chance to edit my post of last week :( 10 days of Editing time would not be disturbing for the history of TDF and so much comfortable :wink:

Anyway i missed the anastasia set of pics, so thanks for the "bump" :lol:

cheers,
Jihan & Elle
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

The imgthm tag was used on those pictures, that means, it turns the pictures into a thumbnail of 200x150 pixels.
When you used that function, it was pre]tty young, and like the main page says, we continue to make changes to improve the experience.

Like Radiv already mentioned, you can use the Attachment system, or you can use the IMG command on the preview pictures in the Doll Album galleries (the ones you see in the galleries, not the ones you see when you click on a picture in a gallery), those pictures have a maximum width and/or height of 600 pixels.

The reason why we chose for 3 days, is because of the amount of posts the members make in all the various threads. If we were to change that to 10 days, there would be numerous replies to your post, and if you would still be able to change it, so it says something else, it would mess up the thread and it wouldn't be fair to the other members.

I can imagine there are members here, who only visit once a month, so sadly, we can't supply the needs of every member. But most members visit on a more regular basis.

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery

eagle1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by eagle1 »

AlexKnight wrote:The imgthm tag was used on those pictures, that means, it turns the pictures into a thumbnail of 200x150 pixels.
When you used that function, it was pre]tty young, and like the main page says, we continue to make changes to improve the experience.
Correct the img tag was used, that means, NOW it turns the pictures into a thumbnail size 200x150 pixel (sh-t) but when posted they were a larger size and not distorted.

So can this be corrected or is better to just delete the thread completely as I see no point in the photo's looking like sh-t

Regards
Eagle1

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Not quite correct, it was not the IMG tag that was used, but the IMGTHM tag. There's a difference between the two.

The IMG tag probably didn't work, because the pictures you tried to show were too big, pixel-wise.
If you uploaded them to the Doll Album, they would automatically be properly resized to 600 pixel pictures, and the IMG tag would display them without distortion.

You can still use the IMG tag, but the source pictures need to be 600 pixels wide or high, or smaller.

But anyway, I've changed the pictures into attachments, which also resize the pictures without distortion, and attached them to your posts. By clicking on them, they link to the original size.

eagle1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by eagle1 »

Thanks for fixing the problem, they now look great :D

Regards
Anastasia, Kimi, Kiki Dee & Eagle1

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

No problem.

If there are other threads with problems like this, just send me or another member of staff a PM with a link to the post, and we'll fix the problem.

INFORMATIONS