sexyrealsexdolls.com

Album Piracy/Photo Theft - RESOLVED & TBD

Report any bugs or problematic issues with the website here.

What would you like to see in place?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Leave the current system in place until a more robust solution is in place
41%
Remove the current system and do not add piracy deterrence mechanisms in the future
50%
Other (please post)
9%

Total votes: 44

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Album Piracy/Photo Theft

Post by Gramps »

To add to synthyours' point, I also wonder whether the quality of a photo from a screen capture equals that of a legitimately obtained photo. I see that the file size of MrGrey's example is only 76% of the original, and to me it looks less sharp.

Hell, you can take your own camera and photograph the screen, I've done that, and that's another way of getting a low-quality copy.
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Anyone that wants to have the photos can simply do a screen capture. These klind of deterents simply hinder the legitimate users.

This has always been an ongoing issue on the internet.

The more one tries to protect, the more rights and freedoms one gives up :(

Just another form of censorship wearing a different mask.

If my photos are illegally used I will look after it myself. If people cannot download my photos from TDF I shall set up my own albums at TDC or Doll Harum and delete my TDF albums.

Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

midiman wrote:Anyone that wants to have the photos can simply do a screen capture. These klind of deterents simply hinder the legitimate users.

If my photos are illegally used I will look after it myself. If people cannot download my photos from TDF I shall set up my own albums at TDC or Doll Harum and delete my TDF albums.

Midiman
You do realize you own TDF, right?

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

synthyours wrote:
midiman wrote:Anyone that wants to have the photos can simply do a screen capture. These klind of deterents simply hinder the legitimate users.

Midiman
You do realize you own TDF, right?
I guess what midiman says here is that he is not imposing his will over the will of the majority in any case, but says beforehand that he will react personally in the way he said in case it goes for more protective schemes.

As for the poll I am reluctant to place my opinion, as there are no pictures of mine at stake, but I would like to propose the following:
Lets live with the current solution for some more time and retry the poll after, say, one month.
If it does not stop any piracy then sorry, but the effort has been proven ineffective, and can be dropped as well. If it seems to provide some protection we can check in the second poll if the benefits outweigh the disadvantages or vise versa.
The optimal solution in this case would be to allow each owner to decide for herself or himself if she/he wants to apply this protection or not, but I guess this is just technically infeasible.

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

I have always thought the photos were free for all to see and to copy for home use. They were never allowed on pay sites for profit and have been removed when requested in the past. We have always blocked predator sites from access to the Doll Album when discovered.....an easy thing to do and has been done from the start of the Doll Album. Ask Mytime how it was done.
Why is this a problem now and not for the last ten years? How can something for free be pirated?

I'm sure some here would like to see their photography on the official site of the Louvre Museum in France. I like it the way it was in the past and where is the archived Doll Album other than on my DVD.

The more we are exposed on the Internet the more new members we bring in. They need to find us to keep it going.

Bim1

Post by Bim1 »

How about leaving a shared pictures gal :D lery for those who do not mind letting anyone have their pictures, and a secured one.
I do enjoy my own slideshow of my favorite pics, and do not mind people copying music or videos or pictures I post.
http://www.youtube.com/user/2009Bim (Bim's Videos)

"Klaatu varada nikto"

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

Last night I was visiting the Doll Album, and I noticed a photo that Foxy took of Paula's face mounted on one of Incred's dolls at the Hershey Meet. I wanted a copy. So I clicked on the envelope symbol ("Send this file as an e-card"), and this brings up the "Send an e-card" form. I clicked on the Preview button without even bothering to fill out the form. This brings up a "card" with an apparently-full-sized copy of the picture. I right-clicked on that picture and was able to do a normal "Save picture as".

Edit: However, the size of the file in the album is 344K, and the size of my saved version is 74.5K.

Edit again: HOWEVER, this is exactly the same result as when I follow Alex's instructions, and is an easier way to do it, unless and until they cut off this loose end that they may have overlooked.
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

dude69 wrote:Welcome to the internet. I voted (2). If you dont want you pictures to be stolen, dont post them!
Can't be said clearer than that :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
She told me to come but I was already there

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Bim1 wrote:How about leaving a shared pictures gal :D lery for those who do not mind letting anyone have their pictures, and a secured one.
I do enjoy my own slideshow of my favorite pics, and do not mind people copying music or videos or pictures I post.
Or perhaps there could just be an anti-piracy setting for the individual albums, that can be activated or deactivated at the discretion of said album's owner? I just wanna be able to spam the chat with my pics without having to link to the page...

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

NotMyName wrote:
Bim1 wrote:How about leaving a shared pictures gal :D lery for those who do not mind letting anyone have their pictures, and a secured one.
Or perhaps there could just be an anti-piracy setting for the individual albums, that can be activated or deactivated at the discretion of said album's owner? I just wanna be able to spam the chat with my pics without having to link to the page...
Yeah, me too. I just want to rightclick in my album to copy the link, so I can post a picture in a thread.
As it is now, you won't see me posting any pics. Or even uploading new pics to my album.

Edit: I wasn't able to do the poll. Would have voted other.
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

synthyours
Server Admin Emeritus
Server Admin Emeritus

Post by synthyours »

NotMyName wrote:
Sil has been coding up a storm inbetween his day job and normal life stuff. The fix to the album will be live at some point very soon.

It includes a new awesome way to link to pictures... so awesome in fact that you don't even have to right click on them. For the lazy among you, that means less muscle movement to show off your hot doll pr0n.

Thanks to all of you who have been patient while this has been in the works.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

A little late, but why not do albums in the same manner as FB? Let the owner of the album decide whether it should be public, or friends only? There should already be an application for that somewhere online.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

It's already possible to set albums to be viewable by the Registered group only. But that means, only those with a Doll Album account will be able to see the pictures.

And most members on TDF don't have such an account. They could indeed register for one, but without activity on the Doll Album, empty accounts are removed every 6 months.

For a lot of our members, the joy of seeing lots of views on their pictures gives a feeling of satisfaction, so they keep their albums for all to see.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

siliventurer
Ex-Member

Post by siliventurer »

This issue was successfully resolved but not able to be implemented due to administrative issues. Thank you for all community input. Resolved but postponed until further notice.

INFORMATIONS