www.funwestdoll.com

Make doll heavier, which liquid/gel?

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
Berlusconi
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Make doll heavier, which liquid/gel?

Post by Berlusconi »

I have a Monica Mayhem inflatable doll, and I want more weight. Can I add something to water to increase viscosity, or is there any other fluid or gel that suits my requirements better? Perhaps crude oil?
  • Not too expensive
    Density has to be not too far from 1.0 (like water)
    Non or low toxicity, I don't wanna risk being poisoned.
    High viscosity, so it wont deform the doll like pure water does.

lolipop

Post by lolipop »

Hi Silvio,

liquids will make your doll too heavy and will deform it. Stuff it with 2-3kg latex flakes.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

or fiberfill !! :D

Berlusconi
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Berlusconi »

lolipop wrote:Hi Silvio,

liquids will make your doll too heavy and will deform it. Stuff it with 2-3kg latex flakes.
Hello Lolipop,

I know that a human-sized doll filled with a fluid with a density close to 1.0 kg/dm^3 is quite heavy, but I prefer it to be as heavy as a human being of the same size. The main reason I dislike pure water is the deform effect, I think it's due to the very low viscosity (thickness) of water.

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

The human body has a lot of air in areas like the lungs and stomach... a doll filled with water is an incredible weight. I had realdolls... they have a foam section inside... still very heavy... a water filled doll... you couldn't even move it.

Also... if you filled a latex doll with water and did try to lift it... the water would run into a leg which would inflate and explode... a real mess and a ruined doll.

I had thought about what it would be like to play with a doll full of warm water... I was going to put an inflatable pool with about 4 inches of water in it... then set the doll in there and fill with water... so overall... she would only be slightly higher than the surface of the water. I was going to have a waterbed heater under it overnight... and unplug before play time.

Bottom line... way too much work.

Jerry
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

Warlock13

Post by Warlock13 »

I agree, but it sounds fun! :lol:

pyroscope
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by pyroscope »

Water in latex (and vinyl) dolls does NOT work -- I know this from personal experience.

Like others have said, water makes the doll deform way too much, and its EXTREMLY heavy. They are hard to even roll over, say nothing about pick up. Add to that the time invested to fill the thing -- way too much work.

I had limited success with stuffing one with polyfill. A few visits to the craft store to get some bags of the stuff and then a bunch of time doing the stuffing, gave a pretty good result. Not as much weight as I wanted, but definately more weight than just air.

The main difficulty was having closing her up after stuffing, and trying to get a hole small enough so i could patch it, but big enough I could still work

Let us know what you come up with.

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

I recall an earlier idea in conjunction with the fiberfill. If you use a skeleton of some sort, attach weights at strategic points to give more weight. I think socks filled with lead pellets were used, connected at the hips and shoulders.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

closetmonster i think if someone used socks filled with lead pellets were used personally i would use a very strong canvas material to put it in , otherwise later it could "wear" through other mater and have a loose mess inside the doll !! just my opion for what its worth . :)

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

I agree that something stronger should be used. I just seemed to recall that that was what they used. They were probably doubled up for strength.

What I liked about the idea was that you could keep the overall weight of the doll down, but get weight in strategic places for a more realistic feel when moving her. A real person isn't going to be dead weight like a doll is, and weight is perceived to be in the body points that we don't move very freely, such as the hips, chest and shoulders. A person's arms and legs have weight, but can be moved more freely giving the illusion that they're lighter.

Berlusconi
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Berlusconi »

I estimate that a human with the same size as my doll weight 50-60 kg. A very low estimate of human density is 0.9 kg/dm3 (that means that a whopping tenth of the body is above the surface when it floats in water), 0.97-0.99 kg/dm3 is probably more realistic. Taking the higher weight estimate divided by 0.9 yields a theoretical maximum of 66.7 kg.

I wouldn't call that super heavy, I can lift humans at that weight class, so the weight alone is not unmovable to me. In fact, I want I wish to use the doll as a sex tool as well as an exercise tool.

Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

you could try white oil
available in different viscosities and not toxic
<a href="modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21093">
</a>

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Inflate her with sulfur hexafloride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQFGwp8mlno

Hey... I'm creative...

Here is more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLNYlYGdYs
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

Aerial

Newer use oils or water with latex!

Post by Aerial »

Surgeon wrote:you could try white oil
available in different viscosities and not toxic
Any oils (beside silicone oil) dissolve natural latex almost instantly, much like water dissolves paper! Also water (and any water based gel) will make natural latex rot and decompose after some weeks into brown sticky goo. If you don't believe me, fill a latex balloon or medical latex glove (unstretched) with water and store it (for safety in a jam jar etc.). Only certain synthetic rubbers (e.g. silicone) withstand water for years. E.g. water yoyo balls are of PVC based "thermoplastic rubber" (now plasticized with citrate instead of toxic phthalate?) and not latex.

A gas like sulphur hexafluoride is certainly heavier than air, but likely still too lightweight to be strongly feelable. The only kind of gels that might be suitable to fill a doll would silicone gels (the stuff silicone boobs are filled with), however the stuff is 1.) likely still way too heavy an 2.) certainly expensive.

Glory

Post by Glory »

I remember someone (quite awhile back) wanting to try that expandable spray insulation (the stuff you find in hardware stores) to fill his inflatable doll.

I just did a search and can't find anything on it.

Anyone remember if it was tried/if it worked ?

Seemed to be one of the better ideas I recall for this sort of thing (but I have no idea if the chemicals would be safe with vinyl or latex).

{Edit: Nevermind. I finally found a thread on it and apparently it doesn't work.}

Here's a link to that thread http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... tion#70790 there might be something useful to the OP of this one, as it was a similar question.

INFORMATIONS