sexyrealsexdolls.com

What repair adhesive actually works?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Sipmot1995
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

What repair adhesive actually works?

Post by Sipmot1995 »

I’m talking about adhesives that don’t solidify into a hard substance after application. I casually bought a bottle of glue advertised specifically for TPE dolls on amazon and after applying, it turned into a hard, brittle substance that feels uncomfortable. Not sure if I was using it correctly or if I’d been ripped off. Anyone have any suggestions?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: What repair adhesive actually works?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Sipmot1995 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:03 am I’m talking about adhesives that don’t solidify into a hard substance after application. I casually bought a bottle of glue advertised specifically for TPE dolls on amazon and after applying, it turned into a hard, brittle substance that feels uncomfortable. Not sure if I was using it correctly or if I’d been ripped off. Anyone have any suggestions?
Hi there, from your description it sounds like someone just sold you some super glue which will certainly behave like that. Actually it does have some limited use (Super glue that is) with tpe dolls and that's for attaching finger nails and also eye lashes (if you are VERY careful). As for bonding tpe and repairing splits etc many of us have been using 3M Primer 94 which is very effective if used correctly. Vendors often sell tpe 'glue' which is actually the solvent Xylene and will melt tpe like a hot knife through butter whereas 3M Primer is much easier to use although it does act in the same way as Xylene by melting the tpe surface so that it bonds together. So it's not an adhesive as such but will give you a good repair. Surfaces to be bonded must be clean, so a wipe with some isopropyl alcohol will ensure that's the case then you only need to brush a tiny amount of the Primer onto the surface's to be bonded and then ensure they are left pushed together for several hours. The tpe cannot be under any tension otherwise it won't bond and will just create more damage. It works best on splits that will close on themselves so they can be left, preferably overnight, while the repair cures. The Primer gives off toxic fumes so appropriate precautions such as a filter mask and good ventilation should be used. Hope that helps.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Arthur's advice about a tiny amount must be taken literally, some cases where the TPE split is quite small, then coating the end of a toothpick is all that is needed
Slathering it on will result in heartbreak :(

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

Sipmot1995 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:03 am I’m talking about adhesives that don’t solidify into a hard substance after application. I casually bought a bottle of glue advertised specifically for TPE dolls on amazon and after applying, it turned into a hard, brittle substance that feels uncomfortable. Not sure if I was using it correctly or if I’d been ripped off. Anyone have any suggestions?
Hi Sipmot1995 good question, welcome you are in the right place! I have not had good experiences with TPE glue except that I only tried it on test pieces it seemed to melt both sides of the practice incision and did not stick them together at all.

I have had very good results with TPE paste which does not require melting, dries into TPE because that's what it is, and is basically color-matched from our approved vendor: https://www.coeros.com/product/tpe-sex-doll-paste/

For a stiff yet somewhat flexible adhesive, I have used FDA food grade silicone RTV 4500: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NU ... UTF8&psc=1
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

Sipmot1995
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Sipmot1995 »

Synthian wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am
Hi Sipmot1995 good question, welcome you are in the right place! I have not had good experiences with TPE glue except that I only tried it on test pieces it seemed to melt both sides of the practice incision and did not stick them together at all.

I have had very good results with TPE paste which does not require melting, dries into TPE because that's what it is, and is basically color-matched from our approved vendor: https://www.coeros.com/product/tpe-sex-doll-paste/

For a stiff yet somewhat flexible adhesive, I have used FDA food grade silicone RTV 4500: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NU ... UTF8&psc=1
I actually prefer silicone that is very flexible. However, the one i bought wouldn’t adhere.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

There is no such thing "TPE Glue. "
Like a "Philanthropic Platypus" , or "Steel Jello", or "Honest Politician", these unicorn descriptions just do not exist.

Certain glues will stick to TPE, Super Glue will. Nasty hard glue when dry, but it will adhere to the TPE pretty well 80%of the time.

3M 94 Tape Primer contains a buffered mix of volitile chemicals that dissolve TPE at a (relatively) slow rate.
Xylene is an unbuffered chemical that aggressively dissolves TPE on contact.

TPE paste is TPE partially dissolved in a solvent (3M 94 or Xylene). When applied, the resident solvent in the paste begins to dissolve the TPE surfaces it is applied to while simultaneously gassing off (evaporating) from the application. The trick is to dissolve the TPE surface and mix it with the TPE paste so that when it gasses off and the paste re-solidifies, the paste and target TPE will be intermixed, bonded.
It's more like chemical welding than glue, and understanding that principle is the key to success.

Some silicones will lightly stick to TPE, permatex windshield sealant is one of those. As a silicone it remains flexible when cured, but it's adhesion is to the micro surface defects in the TPE, it does not "bond" or "glue". And the mineral oil suspended in the TPE will eventually cause the adhesion to fail.

No glue is made FOR or out of TPE. But that's OK because what you actually want is to weld two pieces of TPE together. And for that you use 3M94 or Xylene or TPE paste (made with 3M 94 or Xylene).

Just remember, if it is labeled "TPE Glue" ask what is in it. If they cannot produce a chemical data sheet for it, it's probably Elf tears and Dragon pee.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

Hi Sipmot, have you tried this silica gel adhesive on TPE? I bought some for our silicone body's fingers, but Irontech sent me some that is food grade. It is very flexible and feels squishy like her hard hard silicone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C1N ... UTF8&psc=1
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Synthian wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:43 pm Hi Sipmot, have you tried this silica gel adhesive on TPE? I bought some for our silicone body's fingers, but Irontech sent me some that is food grade. It is very flexible and feels squishy like her hard hard silicone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C1N ... UTF8&psc=1
I have used this exact evaporative cure silicone on silicone dolls, and love it. It is not, however, made for TPE. This quote is from the manufacturor themself:
"Kind reminder:

This glue is only suitable for silicone dolls, not TPE dolls. Please confirm that the material you are bonding to is silicone
.(sic)"

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS