Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll and Realbotix are now being publicly traded

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Real Doll and Realbotix are now being publicly traded

Post by HappyWabbit »

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/loc ... -3036378//

Article about RealDoll and a video showing a new robotic doll

Mister Bungle 157
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Mister Bungle 157 »

doll doc wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 am I got an email from Realdoll stating that they have been bought by another company and as such, are going public so that people can buy and trade stock in the company. I hope this is positive news, but only time will tell.
At minimum....... this means that there are more people to answer and be accountable to. Hopefully, it'll be a good decision for all involved.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

Crashtodon2 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:43 am What a weird twist of events but after they silently launched their "new" showfloor robot platform a few days ago I'm really not surprised.
When was this announced, and do you have a link? I somehow seem to be missing all announcements from Abyss.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

Crashtodon2

Post by Crashtodon2 »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:01 pm When was this announced, and do you have a link? I somehow seem to be missing all announcements from Abyss.
April 25th, announced to Las Vegas Review Journal. Here's the link (HappyWabbit posted it too, two messages above):
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/loc ... e-3036378/

I've discovered it from this tweet from Vokabre Robotics, which is a good source for all things robots: https://x.com/VokabreRobotics/status/17 ... 1355015210

I think the first appearance of the new robot was on April 4th on Youtube:

Irokebijin 95cm silicone · Rico B - Review - Galleries

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

The new robot looks great!

anatoly

Post by anatoly »

I also got an email about this. A few weeks ago, I contacted RealDoll because I was curious about perhaps getting one, but I wanted to know what makes them worth so much more than all other even very expensive dolls? They never answered my emails. From their website, it's hard to get an answer. Here on TDF, it seems RealDolls hardly ever get discussed. All very strange to me.

Valery

Post by Valery »

My dolls:
Alena - Realdoll Body D Face D Jenny
Beatrice - Dreamdoll X-Press Scarlett
Oksana - TPE Zelex ZT170C GE94-2 Carmen
Vivian - Orange In 168
My ex dolls:
Liya - Racemy TPE 158
Julia - Irontechdoll full silicone 166 Cinderella

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

anatoly wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:35 pm I also got an email about this. A few weeks ago, I contacted RealDoll because I was curious about perhaps getting one, but I wanted to know what makes them worth so much more than all other even very expensive dolls? They never answered my emails. From their website, it's hard to get an answer. Here on TDF, it seems RealDolls hardly ever get discussed. All very strange to me.
The best way to get to real doll is to email Sam, the sales manager. sales@realdoll.com. If there is a specific issue with an order and you aren't getting a reply, you can PM me here, and I will assist. If you have questions about the Realbotix product, Brick, who is a member here, has several and can probably help you. Send him a PM.

There are not many of us left who are active and have Real Dolls. We used to be the majority. along with DS (now EX Doll) Teddy Babes, and a handful of others. For some reason, there are members who post in this section who like to throw shade, as it were, on RD for whatever reason. Personally, I dont have the time to dedicate myself to adding negativity about something I have little or no experience with. If members are having actual issues, we are here to help each other with our knowledge and experience. We are also here to celebrate our dolls.

Sticking with the OP topic, I think we need to wait and see as I have said previously in this thread.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Poradicus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Poradicus »

My realdoll has lasted 7.5 years and had to do no repairs to him surprisingly. I still cannot believe how fast time has went since I got him. Aiden, my realdoll, lasted both of my other branded dolls. One Tpe and one silicone soll had to be fixed, multiple times even with me properly taking care of them. Even had to do it myself and replaced the other brand silcone dolls leg cause it snapped after standing up for just a few minutes :(. I know Abyss knows what their doing when they are creating these dolls. They keep vision of the future in mind and know things can break easily. They constantly innovating ways to keep the dolls lasting, but they understand with new innovation comes with risks. Anyways it is worth the wait on realdolls trust me and even if there are problems down the road they can be easily fixed. I can't tell you how many times I fixed that other brand silcone doll, but with my realdoll he stands the test of time.

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

anatoly wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:35 pm I also got an email about this. A few weeks ago, I contacted RealDoll because I was curious about perhaps getting one, but I wanted to know what makes them worth so much more than all other even very expensive dolls? They never answered my emails. From their website, it's hard to get an answer. Here on TDF, it seems RealDolls hardly ever get discussed. All very strange to me.
The price point is that they're basically the only offering that's made in the USA.

NBT
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by NBT »

Are you all business owners or consumers?

My observation is the customers are really smart and wants perfection and act like they darn near the owners knowing a great deal about cost of a doll, (which seems to make this a tough business to be in). Also, this niche market doesn't seem as lucrative as selling other smaller toys I presume.

Doll business seems like the competition is brutal, especially adding in all the techies doing Ai racing for 1st place. Whoever wins the race to market will need to make sure the government also gets their ai robots in motion before approval.

Just my thoughts as someone who was thinking about the business of love dolls in general. Perhaps someone who is in the business can educate me where im wrong. Is the business of dolls more a passion project or is it something that really makes money.
Just rambling.
Dreaming The Dream

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

NBT wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:28 pm Are you all business owners or consumers?

My observation is the customers are really smart and wants perfection and act like they darn near the owners knowing a great deal about cost of a doll, (which seems to make this a tough business to be in). Also, this niche market doesn't seem as lucrative as selling other smaller toys I presume.

Doll business seems like the competition is brutal, especially adding in all the techies doing Ai racing for 1st place. Whoever wins the race to market will need to make sure the government also gets their ai robots in motion before approval.

Just my thoughts as someone who was thinking about the business of love dolls in general. Perhaps someone who is in the business can educate me where im wrong. Is the business of dolls more a passion project or is it something that really makes money.
Just rambling.
Please keep posts in this thread on topic. Feel free to start another topic on starting a doll business.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

NBT wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:28 pm Are you all business owners or consumers?

Just rambling.
I would think that love doll and service android are two separate markets. There's only so far that dolls are going to go as far as consumers; the commercial world for animatronic robots is an unknown. They have suggested uses, but because they're all still extremely early and barely any exist (Realbotix Aria, Ameca, etc) we haven't seen what the full potential is yet. Putting robotics in love dolls is probably more of a passion project, considering what the cost is, and that with today's technology they're still limited in what they can do versus durability.

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Post by TDF_Management »

Please stay on topic; this topic is about Abyss creations being part of a publicly traded company, not starting a doll business or the difference between Dolls with Ai and Service "robots." Please feel free to start a thread on those topics in Dolls In General.This section is for Abyss Creations/Real Doll/RealBotics discussion only.

Poradicus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Poradicus »

I'm amazed by how far Abyss Creations is getting with these robotic dolls AI technology. After seeing Henry and Harmony videos on youtube, including current ones of Harmony; I know their continuing to grow and expand on AI technology very quickly than I originally thought. But, it is important to let Abyss continue to innovate and fix any the issues with this new technology. It is worth the wait. It's just like a video game, you want them to polish any issues before releasing the final product. Maybe in 10 -20 years Abyss will have dolls that can walk, talk, and go off your emotions. I am just impressed by the progress Abyss is doing with realdolls.

INFORMATIONS