Starpery.com

Suggestions for cleaning silicone doll heads?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
PartThree

Suggestions for cleaning silicone doll heads?

Post by PartThree »

My TPE heads are a breeze. When I first get them, I use a soft wet cloth with soap and gently wash the head around the makeup that's applied and let dry. A bit of powder, then a hand irrigator in the mouth to rinse out any residues. But when I do the deed, I've attached a second shower hose with a flow regulator to gently irrigate the mouth to clean up lube and biologics, then use an aquarium pump after quickly absorbing water first with microfiber towel sticks from Amazon. Down to an art, so far haven't had to replace makeup and I keep the metal mounting hole dry.

But now I have my first soft silicone head with a detailed mouth, and to my delight, a nice oral channel to the back of the head. It would be a sin not to try it. I scoped the end of the channel and it's sealed up good back there. I suppose I could just do the same thing as the TPE head, and be a bit gentler around teeth and tongue with a the towel stick inside the mouth and use the aquarium pump. If that's cool, then I'm good to go. I went through dozens of threads trying to get something definitive about silicone heads with detailed makeup and oral, but I couldn't find it.

Condom question: I bought Skyn non-latex brand. The lube is slick so I think that's silicone. I've seen conflicting info on using a silicone lube with a silicone doll, head or love holes. Why would that be a "bad" thing? Are the silicone chemical differences that reactive? I would think this would lean more to the inert side of things...

Thanks folks.
SE Doll 163C "Annie"
SE Doll 167E "Erin" (coming soon)
#3 later this year

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Suggestions for cleaning silicone doll heads?

Post by SxDolled »

PartThree wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:48 pm Condom question: I bought Skyn non-latex brand. The lube is slick so I think that's silicone. I've seen conflicting info on using a silicone lube with a silicone doll, head or love holes. Why would that be a "bad" thing? Are the silicone chemical differences that reactive? I would think this would lean more to the inert side of things...

Silicone lubes cannot be used alongside silicone sex toys, as the mixture between the two silicone products will cause the toy's material to swell, deform, and become gritty over time.

According to Dow, a world leader in the production of silicone, exposure to soluble liquids (silicone) and oils can cause plasticization of the material, decreasing its hardness; additionally, some silicone blends purposely add oils during the manufacturing process to make the material softer — which means that an oil-based lubricant can potentially degrade the material, too.
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

PartThree

Post by PartThree »

SxDolled wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 pm
PartThree wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:48 pm Condom question: I bought Skyn non-latex brand. The lube is slick so I think that's silicone. I've seen conflicting info on using a silicone lube with a silicone doll, head or love holes. Why would that be a "bad" thing? Are the silicone chemical differences that reactive? I would think this would lean more to the inert side of things...

Silicone lubes cannot be used alongside silicone sex toys, as the mixture between the two silicone products will cause the toy's material to swell, deform, and become gritty over time.

According to Dow, a world leader in the production of silicone, exposure to soluble liquids (silicone) and oils can cause plasticization of the material, decreasing its hardness; additionally, some silicone blends purposely add oils during the manufacturing process to make the material softer — which means that an oil-based lubricant can potentially degrade the material, too.
Well, that's about as detailed as you can get! Thanks for the info, I'll try to find some non-latex unlubricateds...
SE Doll 163C "Annie"
SE Doll 167E "Erin" (coming soon)
#3 later this year

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SxDolled »

PartThree wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:50 pm
SxDolled wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 pm

Well, that's about as detailed as you can get! Thanks for the info, I'll try to find some non-latex unlubricateds...

Anytime, yea you're best to stick to water-based condoms 😊

INFORMATIONS