Starpery.com

Questions on making my custom doll head?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
KL lover

Questions on making my custom doll head?

Post by KL lover »

Hello all- completely new to this world, and loving everything I see so far. I am an artist by nature, and am doing a sculpture of my ‘perfect woman’ to make a head from. I also have ambitions to make a full sized doll in the future. I can create pretty much anything artistically, and pretty handy at creating mechanical items. All I need is a source to buy some parts from, like eyes, eye lids/lashes, etc. Where can I find those parts. Are there any good leads for the joint parts I would need If I do a skeleton for a full body?
I understand the gravity of the daunting process of sculpting and then casting a body, and I do have a good amount of casting experience using silicone and other smooth-on products. For those inventors that use Smooth-On products, which ones do you use? I have made some toys like fleshlights, and have used the eco flex 00-20 and the eco flex gel, which I was very pleased with. But I am thinking that maybe the bulk of the head could be made out of a stronger platinum silicone like dragon skin, with the ‘internal parts’ being made of the softer eco flex? Any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated. TIA. I will try to reply to any responses as soon as I can, but might take me a bit before I can. Thanks again for any help/input.

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Questions on making my custom doll head?

Post by Coeros »

KL lover wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:37 am Hello all- completely new to this world, and loving everything I see so far. I am an artist by nature, and am doing a sculpture of my ‘perfect woman’ to make a head from. I also have ambitions to make a full sized doll in the future. I can create pretty much anything artistically, and pretty handy at creating mechanical items. All I need is a source to buy some parts from, like eyes, eye lids/lashes, etc. Where can I find those parts. Are there any good leads for the joint parts I would need If I do a skeleton for a full body?
I understand the gravity of the daunting process of sculpting and then casting a body, and I do have a good amount of casting experience using silicone and other smooth-on products. For those inventors that use Smooth-On products, which ones do you use? I have made some toys like fleshlights, and have used the eco flex 00-20 and the eco flex gel, which I was very pleased with. But I am thinking that maybe the bulk of the head could be made out of a stronger platinum silicone like dragon skin, with the ‘internal parts’ being made of the softer eco flex? Any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated. TIA. I will try to reply to any responses as soon as I can, but might take me a bit before I can. Thanks again for any help/input.
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your artistic journey and plans. It sounds like you are undertaking an exciting project!

I noticed that you are creating a sculpture of your 'perfect woman' and are considering crafting a full-sized doll head. We often assist artists and creators in customizing doll heads, so if there is anything I can help you with, you can contact me .

You can find more information and examples of our custom doll heads here: https://www.coeros.com/product/custom-sex-doll-head/.

Best regards,
Coeros
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Welcome! Wow! I'm really looking forward to having you in the community. Some of us, including me have used liquid plastics and silicone from Smooth-On in the past, and it sounds like you possibly have a lot more experience with that. I was excited to see you mention the eco flex products, I've been curious about them. A small write-up comparing different products you've used and your thoughts on them would make a really great contribution to the community.

Eyes come from many sources, Amazon not being a terrible choice. As of now there's some even more realistic ones out there. A quick search on TDF will yield more results and opinions about eyes than you could want.
If you just want some nice pairs to get started, Pandahall eyes are probably the most bang for the buck IMO, and they're the standard issue size that you'll probably be working with.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CNCNPRSL?ps ... ct_details

Eyelashes come from the same place RG's get theirs, so you can just kind of shop for false lashes and fingernails and stuff and see what you like. It's nice to get assortments on Amazon and have some options.

I'm not sure if you have a doll or not already but an inexpensive one from Amazon might provide insight as a designer as far as the skeleton and joints.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

KL lover

Post by KL lover »

Technician wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:36 pm Welcome! Wow! I'm really looking forward to having you in the community. Some of us, including me have used liquid plastics and silicone from Smooth-On in the past, and it sounds like you possibly have a lot more experience with that. I was excited to see you mention the eco flex products, I've been curious about them. A small write-up comparing different products you've used and your thoughts on them would make a really great contribution to the community.

Eyes come from many sources, Amazon not being a terrible choice. As of now there's some even more realistic ones out there. A quick search on TDF will yield more results and opinions about eyes than you could want.
If you just want some nice pairs to get started, Pandahall eyes are probably the most bang for the buck IMO, and they're the standard issue size that you'll probably be working with.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CNCNPRSL?ps ... ct_details

Eyelashes come from the same place RG's get theirs, so you can just kind of shop for false lashes and fingernails and stuff and see what you like. It's nice to get assortments on Amazon and have some options.

I'm not sure if you have a doll or not already but an inexpensive one from Amazon might provide insight as a designer as far as the skeleton and joints.

Thank you for the reply. I have been casting and molding things for a while now, and love the Smooth-On eco flex silicones. This will be a long journey as I don’t have a lot of free time to work on things, but will update when I get the chance. I would love to make a full doll someday, but for now I’m just focusing on the head and trying to perfect that before undertaking the huge project of making an entire doll. Silicone products are expensive, so I was hoping to find someone who is experienced with the eco flex products and mainly the durability aspect. From what I have experimented with, the eco flex 00-10 initially stays tacky (but loses the tackiness over time), but the 00-20 isn’t tacky and feels super soft, so I have been using that for the ‘fun’ parts, and the eco flex 00-30 for the rest of the head. The first one I did turned out pretty nice, but as with most first attempts, I learned a few things that I need to do differently, but the end result felt fantastic! I will definitely do a write up one of these days, but it probably won’t be for a while. I don’t want to do that until I’m happy with the entire process. But I can say that the Smooth-On eco flex silicones are awesome (and I say that without getting any kickback :D !)
Thanks for the tip/opinion on the eyes. I’m trying to do this process as inexpensive as possible, so right now I’m doing the head with the eyes closed, but would love to incorporate the ability to have the eyes closed or open. I also need to figure out how to get eyelashes ‘attached’, as nothing that I’m aware of sticks to silicone except silicone. I am thinking that I will need to cut a slit to insert the base of the eyelashes into, and possibly ‘lock’ them in by brushing a couple layers of silicone at the base of the eyelash/eyelid area. I’ve been an artist all my life, but have never done a sculpture of a person until now. While I’m really happy with the likeness, I still think I could tweak it a little. In drawing portraits, I know that having anything off by the slightest can really affect whether it looks exactly like the person, or not quite.
I will just throw a couple of questions out there, as someone might know the answers. Honestly, I was hoping for more ideas/input from members here, but it is what it is. So here’s a couple questions I’ll throw out-
1.) How can I make a colored silicone that I can ‘paint’ on the head have a matte finish? I know that I could buy a flattening agent for the silicone, but it’s expensive and I would never go through the smallest amount they sell. Plus, I would be using such a tiny amount of silicone, that mixing the proper ratio would be all but impossible. 2.) Does anyone have a technique for creating a matte finish with something cheap? I saw a video where the person said to apply talc powder to the silicone (they were doing a repair). If that works, do I apply the powder when the silicone is still tacky? I’m assuming it has to still be tacky, and then you just dust it on? When making this head, I get a matte finish from the initial mold (currently I’m using plaster of Paris for my mother mold, for cost reasons), but if I were to add any color to the face by mixing a small amount of silicone and silk pig colorants, the colored silicone is shiny. I did this for the lips, which I wanted to be shiny and it worked great, but if I want it to be a matte finish, I need to figure out how to achieve that.
Again, thanks for the response. I will keep you and the members who are interested updated as I make progress.

KL lover

Post by KL lover »

Coeros wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:32 pm
KL lover wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:37 am Hello all- completely new to this world, and loving everything I see so far. I am an artist by nature, and am doing a sculpture of my ‘perfect woman’ to make a head from. I also have ambitions to make a full sized doll in the future. I can create pretty much anything artistically, and pretty handy at creating mechanical items. All I need is a source to buy some parts from, like eyes, eye lids/lashes, etc. Where can I find those parts. Are there any good leads for the joint parts I would need If I do a skeleton for a full body?
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your artistic journey and plans. It sounds like you are undertaking an exciting project!

I noticed that you are creating a sculpture of your 'perfect woman' and are considering crafting a full-sized doll head. We often assist artists and creators in customizing doll heads, so if there is anything I can help you with, you can contact me .

You can find more information and examples of our custom doll heads here: https://www.coeros.com/product/custom-sex-doll-head/.

Best regards,
Coeros
Thanks for the response. If I doo need your assistance, I will definitely contact you. I will check out the link you provided.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I hear you on the free time thing Brother, no time for anything with that perky job in the way.
Talc, more commonly cornstarch from the baking isle is put on after the silicone is cured, it softens the feel and needs re-applied from time to time. Cornstarch is also worlds healthier to have around than talc so keep the talc for your pool cue.

As for lashes, super glue should stick well enough, but there's some threads here where other people have redone lashes so the reference material is here on the forum so don't quote me. I wouldn't hold out for those people to post in this thread because making an entire head isn't of interest to everybody so they likely won't even see your inquiry.

Somewhere there's information on Silicone paint too, I just saw it a while back, if I remember correctly it's just tinted silicone, theoretically, applying it with a sponge brush should make a surface other than smooth, or pressing sandpaper into it before it's fully cured to texture it.

It would probable serve you to get some cheap glassware (I hate to keep pointing to Amazon, but it's there), so you have graduated beakers and precision pipettes for mixing coloring silicone. That would allow it to be turned into a repeatable recipe of sorts.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

Artbyrobot
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Artbyrobot »

I mixed silicone from plumbing section with acrylic paint and it looked great. Also, when buying implantable hair, real human hair is best and is called "remy hair". I guess remy means human in the hair sale world.

For eyelashes, I was rubbing my eyes once in a while and one would fall out on my finger and I'd save it. If you keep doing this, eventually you'd have enough but that's a low road LOL

INFORMATIONS