Full 100% Aluminum Skeleton

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: My Harem Tent in My Desert Kingdom 🏜️ 🌵🧚🏼‍♀️🧚🏼‍♀️🧚🧚‍♂️💃👙🩴👗🌹🧘‍♀️

Re: Full 100% Aluminum Skeleton

Post by Hot doll reviews »

BorderFarce wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:00 am If sexdolls were not allowed in China then the majority of today's sexdolls would come from Japan and would be 15 lbs lighter than today's average sexdoll because they would have aluminum alloy, titanium alloy, and carbon fiber skeletons...

But would cost over twice as much.
I often wondered is it possible to mold your doll (you know when she’s wore out) cut up the tpe, copy the skeleton into aluminum melt the tpe and pour your own new doll?
She’s such a doll :plaidskirt: My November Girl……… Stay Hard and Drive Hard Brothers! - - Thanks for your excellent advice!

inglorioushz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by inglorioushz »

Aluminum reactivity is definitely a concern. You don't want it turning to mush inside your doll. There's coatings and anodizing, but who knows. I'm not too certain that weight savings would be dramatic enough to warrant the increase in cost.

But... I've been curious about this myself, even considering making my own molds/skeletons to test with. I still have my first TPE torso... I'll be bringing it out for testing mods to the TPE shape, so might as well remove the skeleton too. I'll update here on how much it weighs when I get to that.

Edit as I'm typing, HDR, you beat me to it lol
Exactly what I've been wondering too. As a car guy that's deep in metal fabrication, machining, CAD, 3-D printing, and even fiberglass type work, I'm honestly contemplating taking time away from some projects soon just to see what I can accomplish with TPE. Depending on just how ridiculous the endeavor becomes, maybe a "diy" doll could become a thing.

Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

inglorioushz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:15 am Aluminum reactivity is definitely a concern. You don't want it turning to mush inside your doll. There's coatings and anodizing, but who knows. I'm not too certain that weight savings would be dramatic enough to warrant the increase in cost.

But... I've been curious about this myself, even considering making my own molds/skeletons to test with. I still have my first TPE torso... I'll be bringing it out for testing mods to the TPE shape, so might as well remove the skeleton too. I'll update here on how much it weighs when I get to that.

Exactly what I've been wondering too. As a car guy that's deep in metal fabrication, machining, CAD, 3-D printing, and even fiberglass type work, I'm honestly contemplating taking time away from some projects soon just to see what I can accomplish with TPE. Depending on just how ridiculous the endeavor becomes, maybe a "diy" doll could become a thing.
It would be a learning curve for sure. If you ever see a factory tour, the inside of the molds look like red hi temp gasket maker. I think tpe needs to get to 200* F for pour. There’s a guy on YouTube called brick in the wall he live casts real women then makes silicone replicas.
She’s such a doll :plaidskirt: My November Girl……… Stay Hard and Drive Hard Brothers! - - Thanks for your excellent advice!

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

For the love of God people, FACTS!
Not guesses, not conjecture, not manifesting reality through sheer force of will!
This:
150cm without head
150cm without head
20240407_125830 (1).jpg (3.75 MiB) Viewed 1437 times
Only weighs THIS:
7.2 lbs
7.2 lbs
VideoCapture_20240407-130402.jpg (573.25 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
So please stop all the unconfirmed, uneducated, unsubstantiated NONSENSE about the excessive weight of stainless steel tube skeletons.
You can not shave 15 lbs off a 7.2 lb skeleton by replacing it with aluminum, or titanium, or carbon fiber, or vibranium!

When China perfects extruding tubular
anti-gratitanium THEN you can shave 15lbs off a 7.2 lb skeleton.
Until then, recommend something realistic for weight reduction, and please stop spreading disinformation.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

RedPandamonium
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RedPandamonium »

Personally the only thing I'd like skeletons to have is more durability. Having welds break on relatively new dolls seems unacceptable. I'd trade some extra weight and cost in a heartbeat if it meant I didn't have to worry about it snapping.
My Angelkiss Ak3-164H silicone LS64 & S23: viewtopic.php?p=2531780#p2531780
Wishlist: LoveNestle Aubrey | Zelex SLE 160J 206 | XT Doll 160H | Elsababe 160L silicone RHC031

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

RedPandamonium wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:49 pm Personally the only thing I'd like skeletons to have is more durability. Having welds break on relatively new dolls seems unacceptable. I'd trade some extra weight and cost in a heartbeat if it meant I didn't have to worry about it snapping.
A-Men!
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

RevJack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:24 pm For the love of God people, FACTS!
Not guesses, not conjecture, not manifesting reality through sheer force of will!
This:
20240407_125830 (1).jpg

Only weighs THIS:
VideoCapture_20240407-130402.jpg

So please stop all the unconfirmed, uneducated, unsubstantiated NONSENSE about the excessive weight of stainless steel tube skeletons.
You can not shave 15 lbs off a 7.2 lb skeleton by replacing it with aluminum, or titanium, or carbon fiber, or vibranium!

Until then, recommend something realistic for weight reduction, and please stop spreading disinformation.

Reverend Jack
Thanks Rev for being the consummate voice of reason. :glou:

As a minor defense of the younger members it’s hard to quantify what they can’t see… thus the conjecture.
Not many have actually cut open a doll to analyze the skeleton, layers or foam, wrappings and skin layers.
I do agree that the bulk of the dolls weight comes from the sheer amount of TPE or Silicone. Any weight savings comes from the delicate balance of replacing skin material with foam cores.

Which manufacturer did your skeleton pic come from? I’ve seen mixed reviews on this rounded pelvis vs the squared off ones
IMG_1625.jpeg
IMG_1625.jpeg (201.83 KiB) Viewed 1418 times
External skin tears usually can be repaired with barely perceptible scaring. Skeletons are the cornerstone in longevity and often literally makes or breaks a doll. Certainly there is still much room for improvements. I really like the addition of hardened silicone to hands and feet to make those areas more resilient. We see far too many weld breaks, weak connective brackets and nut and bolt connections that loosen. Has anyone seen simple things like nuts/bolts tack-welded or use locktight to reduce loosing? Some manufacturers are utilizing geared joints in elbows and knees. Ball and sockets in wrists and fingers joints are available. Fingertip bones are now more rounded with caps vs just sharp wire causing pokes.

Improvements and weight savings will continue to slowly evolve and come….at some cost. The engineer/geek/nerd in me always likes to seek understanding in how things are made and where they can be improved. Certainly some weight is nice for resistance and a comforting presence. Although I don’t see the need for 100lbs+ dolls unless that’s what you’re into.

:deadhorse:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

This:
20240407_125830 (1).jpg

Only weighs THIS:
VideoCapture_20240407-130402.jpg

Reverend Jack
So then we could just rehab the old skeleton mig weld where needed. I would go with that old style skeleton, but change the elbows to gear joint maybe even the arm shoulder joint, wrists, but leave the bottom half tighter old joints. What about molds for the body? Just fyi it ain’t like we need to make 100 dolls with the mold.

Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Hot doll reviews wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:16 pm
inglorioushz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:15 am Aluminum reactivity is definitely a concern. You don't want it turning to mush inside your doll. There's coatings and anodizing, but who knows. I'm not too certain that weight savings would be dramatic enough to warrant the increase in cost.

It would be a learning curve for sure. If you ever see a factory tour, the inside of the molds look like red hi temp gasket maker. I think tpe needs to get to 200* F for pour. There’s a guy on YouTube called brick in the wall he live casts real women then makes silicone replicas.
Correction the guy on you tube is brick in the yard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hc6afY-68c

Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

RedPandamonium wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:49 pm Personally the only thing I'd like skeletons to have is more durability. Having welds break on relatively new dolls seems unacceptable. I'd trade some extra weight and cost in a heartbeat if it meant I didn't have to worry about it snapping.
Yeah that happened to me fuck the doll right up man, but that was my first doll and she was a knock off real bad tpe.

RedPandamonium
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RedPandamonium »

Hot doll reviews wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:39 pm
Yeah that happened to me fuck the doll right up man, but that was my first doll and she was a knock off real bad tpe.
Sorry to hear that, but I'm just hoping it doesn't happen in general, not after dropping 2k. I'd be really pissed if it happened to my first doll.
My Angelkiss Ak3-164H silicone LS64 & S23: viewtopic.php?p=2531780#p2531780
Wishlist: LoveNestle Aubrey | Zelex SLE 160J 206 | XT Doll 160H | Elsababe 160L silicone RHC031

Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

RedPandamonium wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:55 pm
Hot doll reviews wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:39 pm
Sorry to hear that, but I'm just hoping it doesn't happen in general, not after dropping 2k. I'd be really pissed if it happened to my first doll.
She was the first of 12 dolls I’ve had so far in life she was a cheap knock off I wished I would known better. It’s probably nothing to to worry about, tpe has come far since then. My advice would be stick with the good vendors and manufacturers if you did have a problem you could probably fix it especially if you catch it early.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Reverend Jack
Good rant there Rev !
But, from what I have seen, maybe pointless. :)

In a month or so there will be another thread started about weight reduction, and users will opine about using exotic materials to reduce the weight of a component that is really not that heavy.
If I had a nickel for every "let's make it lighter with a new skeleton" post I would have enough for a dozen new dolls. :)

But then again this IS the inventors corner of TDF.
A twilight zone like area where odd things are brought up, some to fly and some to flop.
Yet always different views of things folks think are common.

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Wheezer wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:27 am
Reverend Jack
Good rant there Rev !
But, from what I have seen, maybe pointless. :)

In a month or so there will be another thread started about weight reduction, and users will opine about using exotic materials to reduce the weight of a component that is really not that heavy.
If I had a nickel for every "let's make it lighter with a new skeleton" post I would have enough for a dozen new dolls. :)

But then again this IS the inventors corner of TDF.
A twilight zone like area where odd things are brought up, some to fly and some to flop.
Yet always different views of things folks think are common.

Cheers!
...W...
Good point Wheezer. A current thread on Bleach Vs TPE completely proves your point.
viewtopic.php?p=2528493#p2528493
At the end of a solid, documented experiment that shows bleach has no negative impact on TPE, on page 3 some intellectual posts, with no irony whatsoever, "Bleach is bad for TPE, use hydrogen peroxide instead."

Im losing my faith in humanity. It's the gene pool that could use a little chlorine.

Reverend Jack

INFORMATIONS