Starpery.com

Proof of Concept for mixed reality animated doll faces

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Torsocheck

Proof of Concept for mixed reality animated doll faces

Post by Torsocheck »

Laan Labs released faceswap live almost 10 years ago now, it allowed swapping of 2 peoples faces on the same screen.

Basically, this is the killer app for dolls in VR and we've had the tech for it for over a decade. At this point the facial tracking could be 10x better if it was worked on, we would just need an enterprising team on the quest app lab to make this app for quest 3 passthrough.

When fully realized, this is generally how it would work:

You'd put on your vr headset in "passthrough" mode (which allows you to see your room via live cameras), and pick either a video or 3D model to project onto your dolls face, and as long as you kept the doll generally at the same angle, lighting and distance of the reference, it would be like having a fully animated face on your doll, with whatever level of realism you wanted.

So to get to this initial level we're mostly already there, but it only scratches the surface of what's possible via interactivity. You could project a partners live facial tracking onto the doll as a form of ultra-realistic sexting, or project an advanced reactive AI interfacing through a realistic 3-D model. It could create some really novel approaches for general human intimacy/interaction that aren't even related to sex.

So anyways, against my better judgement here I am on this forum sharing a quick preview of what it could look like using tech that's already a decade old. It's Kimi Kalani's face mapped to the new Sino doll. The quality is bad because I'm lazy and did it kind of on a whim, but hopefully you can see what I'm talking about here. also a reminder, this mapping is live, meaning it happens in real time so it could be interacted with in real time.
Attachments
test2.jpg
test2.jpg (130.03 KiB) Viewed 982 times
faceswap_test.gif
faceswap_test.gif (4.66 MiB) Viewed 982 times

Miss Barkley
Doll
Doll

Re: Proof of Concept for mixed reality animated doll faces

Post by Miss Barkley »

Torsocheck wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 pm
So anyways, against my better judgement here I am on this forum sharing a quick preview of what it could look like using tech that's already a decade old.
⬜ It's fascinating. These are all data that I predicted
and have been thinking about for two decades,
because I have always been a big dreamer and futurist.

⬜ I think that the real science is at an extremely high level
that the vast majority of the population is not even aware,
only that the vast majority of things have not gone into mass
production and the main causes for such are probably precisely
the problems of high global economic policy.

:glou:

🗃️ Tessy's Drawer

MourningWood

Post by MourningWood »

I hope this isn’t one of those ideas that dies out and gets lost in the history of this if forum. This needs to happen, AR is the next step in dolls.

I can imagine even further in the future it won’t be just faces. Can own some generic featureless doll with AR sensors implanted, put on your headset and you are banging whoever you want with whatever body you want.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

very cool and interesting , i could easily see deep fakes being used , scarlet johnson etc.

INFORMATIONS