www.irontechdoll.com

That Disheartening Sound and Sight of a New Doll Breaking

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: That Disheartening Sound and Sight of a New Doll Breaking

Post by ArcanePath »

RevJack wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:39 am Please don't just slap some epoxy putty on the break and expect it to hold for more than 10 seconds. It's never worked in the past, no matter how many times it's been tried (and documented) so it just won't work in the future either. So many experiences have been documented here, such a wealth of experience. Take advantage of it.
Just to note that JB Weld is not Epoxy putty. It sets hard like metal, can be drilled and is very difficult to hacksaw when cured. That said, it needs a lot of mass to give reliable strength and a good key to stick to.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

ArcanePath wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:38 pm
RevJack wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:39 am Please don't just slap some epoxy putty on the break and expect it to hold for more than 10 seconds. It's never worked in the past, no matter how many times it's been tried (and documented) so it just won't work in the future either. So many experiences have been documented here, such a wealth of experience. Take advantage of it.
Just to note that JB Weld is not Epoxy putty. It sets hard like metal, can be drilled and is very difficult to hacksaw when cured. That said, it needs a lot of mass to give reliable strength and a good key to stick to.
JB Weld, Steel Reinforced EPOXY.
JB Weld, Steel Reinforced EPOXY.
20240317_134831.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 539 times
Just to note that JB Weld certainly is an Epoxy.
That said, it does not provide sufficient strength to fix a broken doll joint. Has it been used DURING a repair, yes. Has it been (successfully) used AS a repair, no.

Regardless of your personal feelings towards JB Weld, many peoples experience has shown that is is insufficient for the task of repairing a doll's broken joints. A task you obviously have never even attempted, and even less achieved.

Why do some people feel it necessary to mislead those who ask for the voice of experience in a task, (and material) they obviously have no knowledge of? It undermines the whole purpose of the forum. Those who ask for experience may be unable to discern the voice of arrogance from the voice of experience. It is unfair to mislead them.

I pray for those who shall inherit the earth, I pray for the growth of their knowledge, so they may be able to educate those who will follow.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArcanePath »

I stand corrected, it is epoxy.... however... I HAVE successfully used it to repair broken fingers, so please don't accuse me of giving advice that I haven't followed myself. And I'm aware of it's limits, hence me making other suggestions in favour of it

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

ArcanePath wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:40 pm I stand corrected, it is epoxy.... however... I HAVE successfully used it to repair broken fingers, so please don't accuse me of giving advice that I haven't followed myself. And I'm aware of it's limits, hence me making other suggestions in favour of it
And if this thread were about broken wire fingers in a TPE doll I would stand corrected, but it is not. And you ARE giving advice where you have no experience. One deteriorating TPE doll with wire fingers and one brand new balding silicone doll. Did I miss anything?
And you obviously are not aware of JB Weld's limitations, especially when it comes to tortional forces.
Perhaps it could better be used to keep hair from falling out.

I pray for those who shall inherit the earth, I pray for the growth of their knowledge, so they may be able to educate those who will follow.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

ArcanePath
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ArcanePath »

Who the hell pissed on your cornflakes? Yeah, you missed plenty, aside from making assumptions. But since you're being such a rude dick, I've no desire to remain here.
Have a nice day.

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Zlamvam »

Please note that Epoxy Glue is a very strong Glue, but far from strong enough I believe to be able to hold the entire weight of the upper body on a Doll like this.
You can totally use it on a Finger, hand and even an arm, but not try it with an entire Back like this.

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

ArcanePath wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:38 pm
Zlamvam wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:24 pm Please note that Epoxy Glue is a very strong Glue, but far from strong enough I believe to be able to hold the entire weight of the upper body on a Doll like this.
You can totally use it on a Finger, hand and even an arm, but not try it with an entire Back like this.
I personally love JB Weld and have even used it to fix my car's radiator. However, for the back joint, as Rev Jack who has years of experience here has pointed out, there is a lot of torsional stress which JB Weld does not handle well. I used it on the T handle for my 4 wheeled cart and even that mild twisting caused it to fail so I had to safety wire the T to restrict the torsional force and it lasted longer until it broke again and I had to reapply. The stress on the back-to-hip joint has got to be 10 times the twisting force of pulling my 4 wheeled cart full of shop tools.

Here is a link to a back surgery where the JB Weld failed, but the U Clamps held her together so can stand again. viewtopic.php?p=2189009&hilit=broken+ba ... d#p2189009

PS: plus when the JB Weld fails, it disintegrates into many pieces which would make an awful mess inside her. :plaidskirt:
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

Ginger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ginger »

I recently bought a doll from Irontech I hope this doesn't happen to my doll. You would think there would be better structure and security then two welding points. Sorry this happened to you.

UpperLower

Post by UpperLower »

Ginger wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:12 am I recently bought a doll from Irontech I hope this doesn't happen to my doll. You would think there would be better structure and security then two welding points. Sorry this happened to you.
Once I get the replacement I’ll open this doll up more to see what went wrong. The doll is still useful though limited to some positions.

My current guess for now, after getting a small peek inside, the joint at the waist was inhibited by the foam it was submerged in. This might have put stress on the weld in the upper back/support frame for the automatic blowjob motor when trying to arch the torso backward or forward. I could be wrong, but we’ll see
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Maybe the designers and/or the constructing team thought "Yeah, good enough" :)

INFORMATIONS