betterlovedoll.com

Please help clarify rule 1A for me.....

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Evergreen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Please help clarify rule 1A for me.....

Post by Evergreen »

Heya,

Trying to be fully clear on the rules so that I don't accidentally break them. I have fully read 1A but just want to clarify to be sure I've got it 100%.

Question: Is 1A as clear cut as: don't ever for any reason mention the name of any non-participating vendor and/or manufacture under any circumstance, in any forum on TDF?

Or can they be discussed in certain forums as long as one is not linking to them, or obviously promoting them?

As a newb I'm just trying to figure out the landscape of the doliverse, and wonder about certain doll brands I see a lot. Perhaps it's a simple as any brand not listed here should be avoided. I see some dolls listed as different brands on different sites including approved vendors, and again maybe those are to be avoided. I'm pretty much committed to only use a TDF approved vendor, but even those offer many non listed brands. Just trying to figure it all out.

Thanks!

E

Evergreen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Please help clarify rule 1A for me.....

Post by Evergreen »

Ok, having now more explored TDF I see that there are MANY threads openly discussing, promoting, and linking, non-participating vendors and doll brands/manufacturers, so now I really don't get 1A, which I had two posts removed for breaking. That's ok though, I think I can learn all I need to know here by just reading, lots of great info here.

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

My belief is that it exists to prevent blatant advertising of brands that are not "loyal" to TDF (approved/sponsored), as of course, TDF is business and the bottom line is that (like with any business) it takes $ to keep the lights on. You simply want to be loyal to and promote those that help you do so.

On a separate note, Congrats! on having reached your 5th post, Evergreen. Enjoy your new powers to post pics, private message, etc. Looking forward to seeing much more from you in the future! :)
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

I suspect a large part of how it's applied is who is up for enforcing it. It's very subjective, which isn't unexpected, as it's just people enforcing it.

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

First, moderators are not actively policing for these threads. Also, We are not retro moderating Rule 1A threads.
So you will see threads that are rule 1a. When a new member posts to these threads the post will be disapproved.

Here is the main takeaway of the rule...
You can post images in a Members Only forum without mentioning the Rule 1A manufacturer/vendor.
No links - No images with watermarks - No discussion in any forum.
Here is an example of a non listed manufacturer doll thread done correctly... viewtopic.php?t=176078

Evergreen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Evergreen »

Ok I'm getting it. All input very appreciated. I can be a slow learner :D

INFORMATIONS