Starpery.com

I can move!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Thatfishguy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: I can move!

Post by Thatfishguy »

This project is absolutely amazing. If you ever get to a point where you would feel comfortable sharing/selling the STL files for this. I would be interested. I recently posted about android dolls and another member liked me to you thread. Great work.

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SxDolled »

This is amazing! I'm excited to see where this goes Prin 🙂
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

i can't wait for more updates! :D
prinnis amazingly well done

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

Okay, wow. Thank you for everyone still following!

I've said it before here... i love this forum for your knowledge, suggestions and feedback!
SchaltkreisMeister wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:20 pm
Prin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:02 pm Most of the concept design sketches are in my first thread after the development of my head. I know its a long read, but the info on my motors, processor, and programming is all here in both threads.
I didn't see any mention of the way you approach your movements, do you use some kind of keyframe approach?
Can you give us a rough overview of your program design? More a logical design sketch than concrete implementation.

Your project is really cool!
Wait, what is Keyframe? That is... "the simplest way of animating an object"... location based on time and speed.

Yes! That's exactly it. Each joint servo has an angle measurement. A beginning and end state. I use a sine wave to make the movement slower at start and end for a more aesthetic movement.

Or did you mean, using a camera to track a person's body points to mimic their movement, like the big companies do for their programming, or like for making movies? That tech would be a totally cool tool! Can we do that using our PlayStation? Or cellphone?

Rough overview of design, logical over concrete i do not understand?
Voltage wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:04 pm
Prin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:47 pm He realized that the technology is now available to make me able to assist with my movement and posing.
When you say assist in movement and posing, does that mean walking around or just posing automatically? Stabilization seems difficult to achieve. Will the robot frame weigh significantly less than a typical doll skeleton?
Moving and posing, turning over in bed, sitting... commands on demand, with vocal instruction for motor angle to help with posing.

Without looking back in my posts, my current body weight without batteries and skin is... 17+ pounds?

Independant stability is beyond my current programming, but doable (walking around funny with bent knees)

However, my servos ARE strong enough to help me stand, and I can get around with balance assistance. My legs are large enough to house 3x60kg servos each.
Thatfishguy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:14 pm This project is absolutely amazing. If you ever get to a point where you would feel comfortable sharing/selling the STL files for this. I would be interested. I recently posted about android dolls and another member liked me to you thread. Great work.
I did see that mention! I was so flattered!

And I gotta send the bump back... check out this 3d printable posted by carbohydrates viewtopic.php?p=2486332#p2486332

We would love making my design to open source like the InMoov dude.

The internal debate is of sending out my .stl files without a whole ton of instructions of how to connect and scale and print the objects, and assemble the parts... and then installing motors and wiring and programming... i am not exactly user friendly to the layman.
Joe Bin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:11 pm I just discovered this thread and this is an awesome project. Amazing and ingenious work you have done on this :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :glou:
Thank you Sir!

Very much!
Deadman 9000 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:12 am i can't wait for more updates! :D
And I yours!
I can move! Designing my robotic body
I can talk! Designing my robotic head

My Diary:
Art of me in CoverDoll Magazine

SchaltkreisMeister
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SchaltkreisMeister »

Prin wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:26 pm Wait, what is Keyframe? That is... "the simplest way of animating an object"... location based on time and speed.

Yes! That's exactly it. Each joint servo has an angle measurement. A beginning and end state. I use a sine wave to make the movement slower at start and end for a more aesthetic movement.

Or did you mean, using a camera to track a person's body points to mimic their movement, like the big companies do for their programming, or like for making movies? That tech would be a totally cool tool! Can we do that using our PlayStation? Or cellphone?
Very cool with your sine interpolation! How many keyframes do you use per second? Or is it more like seconds inbetween keyframes? I know a little bit about animation in 3D environments but this is a very interesting thing to see the same approach in real world!

Do you get those keyframes by testing?
Prin wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:26 pm Rough overview of design, logical over concrete i do not understand?
I think you wrote in your first post in 'I can talk' you used a raspberry pi and some arduinos. I also saw your pca9685 soldering. Did you connect the pcas to your raspberry or do you use the arduinos as abstraction between the raspberry and the pcas? Do you have a python script running and sending the servo rotations? Are the keyframes stored as variable in the script or do you load them from a file?

Or did you even use some kind of state machines / additive poses / procedural animations?
Prin wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:26 pm We would love making my design to open source like the InMoov dude.

The internal debate is of sending out my .stl files without a whole ton of instructions of how to connect and scale and print the objects, and assemble the parts... and then installing motors and wiring and programming... i am not exactly user friendly to the layman.
Have a look at github, you can use a repository as a website. This way you can host your files easy and have a website. Just search for github pages if your interested. You've probably already seen these github io websites.
I think anyone who is interested in this kind of stuff knows that this is going to be a lot of hard work to get such a project running!
Also this create a base for collaboration, I would definitely try to help where I can.

I was really happy to see a new post here and it was even better that you want to continue this awesome project.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Dang, so glad I followed the link
Even though it's been a year and failure is always an option, or dying from COVID, there is much to be learnt from innovators :)

aydoll

Post by aydoll »

Great work!
I've attempted a similar project myself, but I got stuck at moving the thigh using a combination of braided fishing line and the same red servomotor as in your picture.

The setup was functional, but the thigh encountered difficulties moving across all angles, servomotors all around the bone :mrgreen:
Additionally, the movement was notably slow.

After being stuck on this problem for four years, I finally found a solution with the assistance of ChatGPT, I realized that I needed to switch to a pneumatic motor instead.

Servomotors: Frequently employed in hobbyist applications such as small-scale robots and precise motion control systems like those found in 3D printers.
Pneumatic Motors: for average applications like automotive assembly lines.
Hydraulic Motors: powered by hydraulic fluid, utilized for heavy-duty machinery like bulldozers, providing high torque.

The next challenge is figuring out how to set up a pneumatic solution, as there isn't a plug-and-play option available on Amazon.
And with the help of ChatGPT, ive come with this list of products:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005870528273.html the motor itself
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000329351824.html the valve to connect between the motor and the air pump
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006519202716.html basic electrical air pump for easier modification ability.

For the question of controlling airflow, solenoid valve can do the job to on/off the air flow through a dev board
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005209160156.html
https://bc-robotics.com/tutorials/contr ... h-arduino/

However, to regulate the motor stroke movement effectively, a potential solution involving a DC motor coupled with a gear set for the throttle valve may suffice.

Now it's time to put this brainstorm into action! :glou:

Bai_Mudan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bai_Mudan »

Prin wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:32 am Oh, and I haven't figured out the hand job thing yet... but I got doggy style down!
doggy small.gif
That's a huge success! Rocking back and forth and not losing balance, that's brilliant!! congratulations!!

INFORMATIONS