www.yourdoll.com

Can you swap out the eyes on a doll?

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Riskyy
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Can you swap out the eyes on a doll?

Post by Riskyy »

I wanted to have a few options for my doll's eyes, can you take them out and change them, or are they secured tight in there? I also wanted some clear or all white eyes, and maybe some 'demonic' looking ones, but I haven't came across many manufacturers offering that, does anyone know of any? Thanks!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Can you swap out the eyes on a doll?

Post by Mr Franz »

Depends on the doll, but yes, most are removable. I've purchased acrylic eyes from eBay before.

AUselessNoob

Post by AUselessNoob »

Try MannequinFan's Easy Move Eye system. Depending on your doll's manufacturer, you probably either have half-round eyes that are stuffed with fuzz inside to give stability, or spring-loaded "eyeball cartridges." Both are easily replaceable if you're careful. MF makes different pedestals that are suitable for whichever type eye you have.

The irises attach to the eyeball with magnets, so it's super easy to swap out colors. In addition to a wide selection of natural colors (i.e. the colors you'd find on a real human), he also makes a selection of artificial "cosplay-type" colors.

FastEddie68

Post by FastEddie68 »

All my dolls have easy to remove eyes they are a half cone with cotton wool behind. You best use a long item with a divot near end slid underside and turn to capture the eye pull out carefully they are not overly strong.

Davey2469
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Davey2469 »

FastEddie68 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:37 am All my dolls have easy to remove eyes they are a half cone with cotton wool behind. You best use a long item with a divot near end slid underside and turn to capture the eye pull out carefully they are not overly strong.
You can try this also, a contact lens tool.
viewtopic.php?t=118280&sid=317c66613b6c ... d138e0fefd

I made my half moon eyes movable.
viewtopic.php?t=174766
170cm C S39 Real Lady silicone Lalya Real Lady “The bOMb
Current: viewtopic.php?t=178506
First version: viewtopic.php?t=173583
Interested in IronTech? - https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme - carycme10 for 10% off
167cm S39 ITSRS WR 60kg UltraSoft silicone

159cm E silicone Hedy Starpery - Darla
viewtopic.php?t=174942
Newer: viewtopic.php?t=179212

INFORMATIONS