www.wmdolls.com

Another male sex doll with weight reduction

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
JPV
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Another male sex doll with weight reduction

Post by JPV »

I've had the Grant doll for almost a six weeks now. He's definitely hot and handsome as hell. His very detailed, well-proportioned body looks even better than what the photos at Spartan Lover suggest. However, the problems I've run into with him have been very disappointing. His anus is already torn (even though I only do him once every couple of days and I only use water-based lubricants). And his hips are already (snapped from the skeleton) broken (no, I didn't bend him into a pretzel). I don't think the welding of his skeleton in the hip area was particularly strong. No, I'm not big and I'm not a rough-sex type of guy. Maybe I should have suspected a little bit that such a nicely-shaped doll that's only $1,499 was going to have some significant structural problems after only a few weeks of use. I still have sex with him, but because his hips are broken, he can no longer stand up and he can no longer raise his legs in the air when I do him--making his leg positions look rather 'unnatural.' They just limply flop to either side of him when I'd much prefer to have his legs in the air. I haven't figured out if I should (1) try to repair his hips (which would seem to be quite involved, long, risky, complicated, and expensive for me), (2) try to get rid of him (I wouldn't know where to begin with that), or (3) just take a risk and buy another, tougher, more durable, more expensive doll from another manufacturer. Any ideas?

Jmacb9

Post by Jmacb9 »

It is incredibly disappointing to see that these dolls might not be made so well. Even though $1500 is definitely a good price for a doll that size, it is still unacceptable for a doll that expensive to fail like that. Hopefully this is a defect with your specific doll and not a ticking time bomb with all copies of this model.

There are many threads on here about repairs, but most folks don't like to go that route because, as you said, it's complicated and risky.

If you decided to get rid of him, you could try the marketplace on here. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone will pay much for a broken, defective doll, but there are creative folks who could make use of him, I'm sure.

I'm assuming you bought from Spartan Lover? If so, I encourage you to reach out to them and let them know this happened (if you haven't already). In a perfect world, they should replace the doll if the manufacturer is willing to stand behind their product.
💜 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARLEY! See his birthday party shenanigans on his thread 💜
Josh's thread
We're most active on Insta!

carbohvdrates

Post by carbohvdrates »

JPV wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:42 pm I've had the Grant doll for almost a six weeks now. He's definitely hot and handsome as hell. His very detailed, well-proportioned body looks even better than what the photos at Spartan Lover suggest. However, the problems I've run into with him have been very disappointing. His anus is already torn (even though I only do him once every couple of days and I only use water-based lubricants). And his hips are already (snapped from the skeleton) broken (no, I didn't bend him into a pretzel). I don't think the welding of his skeleton in the hip area was particularly strong. No, I'm not big and I'm not a rough-sex type of guy. Maybe I should have suspected a little bit that such a nicely-shaped doll that's only $1,499 was going to have some significant structural problems after only a few weeks of use. I still have sex with him, but because his hips are broken, he can no longer stand up and he can no longer raise his legs in the air when I do him--making his leg positions look rather 'unnatural.' They just limply flop to either side of him when I'd much prefer to have his legs in the air. I haven't figured out if I should (1) try to repair his hips (which would seem to be quite involved, long, risky, complicated, and expensive for me), (2) try to get rid of him (I wouldn't know where to begin with that), or (3) just take a risk and buy another, tougher, more durable, more expensive doll from another manufacturer. Any ideas?
That's a damn shame to hear honestly. I had higher hopes for these weight reduced dolls and was truly rooting for them.

If it were me I would be trying the repair route but frankly that's my nature (and my borderline delight in bringing dolls back from the dreaded prospect of Dumpstering :cry: ) because if cautious and lucky it might not be too expensive. I understand that not everybody already has the tools available to them but depending on the damage, it's doable. Consider at least making a careful clean incision with scissors along a natural line in the back and taking a look at the nature of the damage. You might be as lucky as simply needing a new screw and bolt. If it's worse than that, then yeah, it might be bad news. Perhaps make your own thread about it with pictures and see if any of us would have more specific advice for you upon seeing the exact nature of the issue on the inside.

All else considered, even after opened up for exploratory surgery please don't dump him without perhaps offering him on TDF for the price of shipping him out or a roadtrip. Depending on your location, I might even be willing to take him. I don't know how much you could hope to resale him for really, but anything is a better fate than such a nice lookin' fella getting dumpstered.
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

JPV
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JPV »

Thanks carbohvdrates for the reply on my situation. I'm still musing about what I want to do with him. Grant's so freaking hot looking, I'm not sure what I really should do yet. I do want to try the 3m Tape Primer route to at least fix his hole so that it's tight enough again and doesn't tear anymore. As for his legs, I'd have to see some example of successful internal TPE doll repair to go there with that. I guess I'm waiting for the "honeymoon" phrase to wear completely off. I'll certainly keep you in mind if I decide to get rid of him. I'd mostly likely only ask a nominal charge--nothing near what I paid for him. But I don't know if I'd go through the trouble and embarrassment of trying to mail him. I'd certainly prefer having someone come get him if I do go that route.

JPV
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JPV »

Thanks Jmacb9 for your suggestions. I thought about contacting Spartan Lover, but I couldn't see what they could do about the situation other than tell the manufacturer their dolls aren't durable enough. I doubt they'd give me a replacement or discount since Grant was in good condition when I opened the box and I did "get a few good days" out of him. LOL. But, maybe I should contact them anyway just to let them know what's been going on.

carbohvdrates

Post by carbohvdrates »

JPV wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:27 pm Thanks carbohvdrates for the reply on my situation. I'm still musing about what I want to do with him. Grant's so freaking hot looking, I'm not sure what I really should do yet. I do want to try the 3m Tape Primer route to at least fix his hole so that it's tight enough again and doesn't tear anymore. As for his legs, I'd have to see some example of successful internal TPE doll repair to go there with that. I guess I'm waiting for the "honeymoon" phrase to wear completely off. I'll certainly keep you in mind if I decide to get rid of him. I'd mostly likely only ask a nominal charge--nothing near what I paid for him. But I don't know if I'd go through the trouble and embarrassment of trying to mail him. I'd certainly prefer having someone come get him if I do go that route.
There are quite a few threads on structural repair that went okay fairly recently, here are some of the recents I found, pitfalls and triumphs included, some more complex than others:

x, x, x, x, x,
Hope you find some of those edifying, or at least of interest. Good luck in all things no matter how it goes, but don't be afraid to lean on the community if you go for it.
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

INFORMATIONS