betterlovedoll.com

Living Dolls: The Subculture of Doll Collecting

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Most children lose interest in dolls as they grow older. The eccentric characters that populate the wildly entertaining documentary Living Dolls are different.

These subjects live far outside of the norm, but the film examines each of their stories without judgment. Do their unique passions represent harmless forms of self-expression? Or do they signify an unhealthy balance in their psyche? Some are hopelessly lost in their obsessions while others seem to have finally found their greatest confidence and comfort within them.

Deceptively simple and comic on the surface, Living Dolls actually provides a thoughtful psychological study of the ways in which we all fight to defeat loneliness and find our happiness. :thumbs_up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVp9ZC47las

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Living Dolls: The Subculture of Doll Collecting

Post by Luiskjr »

Jussi wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:35 am Living Dolls: The Subculture of Doll Collecting
. :thumbs_up:

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/living- ... ollecting/
very good documentary, thanks!
that blonde lady hooked into barbies, she is so cute! :)
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

SupremoSiete
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SupremoSiete »

this was actually good

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

I appeared on thiso documentary as a professional courtesy as she was having trouble finding a volunteer at TDF. I didn't realize it was available for view on Youtube. Bianca and I appeared in it along with some friends and my dog :) Also they did some shooting at the doll meet in PA.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

carbohvdrates

Post by carbohvdrates »

I kind of appreciate the lack of a narrator guiding this documentary along, cause I can easily imagine that having turned it into a little bit more of a judgmental feeling piece. Of course the people in this documentary have their opinions, and it shares them, but it doesn't purport to interview all these people just to roast them in editing, which is what I've come to expect.

Mike with his robots for instance, is basically a legend. An astounding amazing artist and craftsman. Is he obviously a hoarder? Yeah. And that's part of his life. But so is his art and his passion, and they show it to us for what it is, instead of giving him an intervention over it.
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

That was pretty interesting. I kinda wish the segments with each person were longer instead of jumping back and forth all the time. But still, quite interesting.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

I've seen this documentary before ,but I watched again because it's tough to find neutral doll content.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

This was my first time seeing it but it was definitely pretty good. It was also nice to see some of the older types of dolls that are no longer available.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

INFORMATIONS