Starpery.com

Best way of dressing her.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Norvikings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Best way of dressing her.

Post by Norvikings »

Hi!

First post here. Just got myself a Kimber the other day.

This is not brand specific tho: What is the best way of dressing, and undressing her? It's like dressing a bag of potatoes, and the clothes doesn't slide very well on the TPE even after powdering. They do fit quite nicely when I finally have gotten them on her however. (Shein Women XS-S).

Panties are quite the struggle. I have her on her back in the bed, slide them on, then put her on her feet to pull them all the way up.
Tops are a tad more difficult due to her arm movement.

How do you normally position her for changing clothes? Any tips?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Best way of dressing her.

Post by Wheezer »

Enjoy your new Kimber ... she will be lots of fun.
There are a lot of good posts here on TDF about dressing.

Generally is is easier to dress if her head is removed. Less chance to damage the face and stuff just slides on.
Standing also makes it easier. Just make sure her knees are locked, a bit wide apart and she is leaning against something.
A gentle wiggle seems to help sometimes rather than just tugging.

For short. panties, etc. I just place her on the bad with legs closed, wiggle then up past the knees, stand her and the rest like you noted.
Also since Kimber is a bit frisky, I usually omit panties unless there is a specific visual reason.
Such as a thong poking out the top of shorts, panties under a sheer dress, etc.

Tops are easier of you put her arms out FRONT, slip the top over her arms and then the neck stump with her head off.
Less stress than the arms up method.

Short sleeve tops and dresses work great, as do sleeveless things.
Tops that button, zip or tie are easy to put on, and easier to take off. :)

A small or X-small top might fit nice and tight but be a bear to put on.
One solution is to get a top that does not fit as tight but is easier to get on the doll.

Once on the doll grasp some excess in the back and hold that together with a black hair tie or such.
You can adjust the top to fit perfectly to her not quite human sizes chest and torso.

Just some ideas.
Search and you can find more.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

It will get easier as the joints become less stiff. Powdering does help provided you start with a clean doll and she is completely dry before it's applied.

As for actually dressing the doll, myself I do that the same way you would if you were dressing a person, with them standing. I just sort of tip my gal side to side to get pants, skirts and panties on. Once the feet are in, it's just a matter of pulling them up. Speaking of panties; positioning the feet fairly close together will make getting them up a bit easier. Just be patient and work them up a little at a time.

Tops, I tend to avoid pullover styles. Buttons, snaps and zippers are a lot easier to deal with. I do have a few though. Removing the head does make it easier, but that spoils the illusion for me, so I just leave it in place. Wig too for that matter. For T's I start with the arms stretched out in front of the doll, parallel to the floor. Then I put the arms through the sleeves up to the elbow. Next I bend the arms at the elbow 90 degrees. Then I begin raising the arms up at the shoulders until I can get the head through the neck opening of the shirt. After that it's just a matter of working the shirt down over the body. Again, patience is the key.

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

Norvikings wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:17 pm Hi!

First post here. Just got myself a Kimber the other day.

This is not brand specific tho: What is the best way of dressing, and undressing her? It's like dressing a bag of potatoes, and the clothes doesn't slide very well on the TPE even after powdering. They do fit quite nicely when I finally have gotten them on her however. (Shein Women XS-S).

Panties are quite the struggle. I have her on her back in the bed, slide them on, then put her on her feet to pull them all the way up.
Tops are a tad more difficult due to her arm movement.

How do you normally position her for changing clothes? Any tips?
Welcome! You're in the right place! Your Kimber is probably very beautiful. I also start with her lying in bed, but I just roll her to one side and scooch the panties up a little, then roll her back and to the other side and scooch them up a little more. I do the same with her tube bra and her sleeveless tube dresses. For her sleeved dress, I'll use the same method, but I'll put my hand through the sleeve hole and grab her delicate fingers to get them through the hole safely and do the same side to side scooching method. There is some pulling up in the back and straightening that must be done once she's sitting up or in the wheelchair.
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Another way to protect the hands while dressing is SOCKS over the fingers.
At first I just used athletic tube socks, but then got a few short shoe size kids socks.
The best are those thin sheer "disposable" shoe socks they have at shoe stores.
Some followed me home. :)

Place them over the fingers to protect them from catching and also protect the nails.
Remove when all dressed.
Fast, cheap and easy.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Arms forward straight out front .
( up is better if her joints can do it. )
Head removed is also very helpful.

Put her in a sitting position with legs straight out .
Put your outfit on in the order of its layers about to her knees .
( example panties ,panty hose ,then skirt)
With that done lay her flat and stand her up.
Have her lean against your shoulder as you work the garmets up .
( thumbs under the garment waist working back and forth as you lift )
This is how I do my 100 lb doll so being lighter ( if your doll is less heavy) only makes it easier!
Enjoy!

Norvikings
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Norvikings »

Thanks guys!

Looks like I was on the right track then, lots of good suggestions here :)

INFORMATIONS