Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Hip stuck on Abyss RealDoll, hoping someone has seen this

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

SQLMan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Hip stuck on Abyss RealDoll, hoping someone has seen this

Post by SQLMan »

Hi all,
I'm fairly new here, I've been active on clubrealdoll and realdollvip for a while, but got a little tired of paying for vip when so few people do.
So I'm going to get involved here and my first visit is maintenance related.

I'm having an issue with one of my RealDolls, one of the hip joints is acting strange.
This is just on her left leg, the right is fine and there's been nothing out of the ordinary like any trauma or an odd bend - I simply took her down from her stand yesterday and the leg was all stiff.

If you look at the attached image, the flexion and extension is fine (front to back), the hip joint moves the leg no problem.
It's when I try to abduct or adduct (closed legs vs spread open) that her right leg is VERY stiff. If I put a fair amount of pressure on it, it will move, but I'm not liking doing that.
Again, forward and back is no problem at all on both hips.

I was hoping maybe someone with a RealDoll has experienced this before as I'm quite stumped. She's about 2 1/2 years old and very well cared for.

Thanks to anyone who might have some insights. (I'll be contacting Abyss in the morning to see if they can assist at all as well)

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Hip stuck on Abyss RealDoll, hoping someone has seen this

Post by TJ_Foxx »

You might need to look inside. Feel around for her hip joint. spray all around the seam line with alcohol. Spray an ex-acto knife blade too with alcohol. This is so it will slide easily. cut slowly and do ot try to get all the way in at first, go deeper gradually.

I happen to have a doll body that will be used for parts/reference so here are pics of what you'll see.

The joint is made of several discs that are bolted together and slide. Each of those discs has a tab that is inserted into an injection-molded plactic barrel one either side of the joint, which rotate as well, allowing the legs to have the functions you listed above.

IMG_5852.JPG
IMG_5852.JPG (3.28 MiB) Viewed 1302 times
IMG_5851.JPG
IMG_5851.JPG (2.33 MiB) Viewed 1302 times
IMG_5850.JPG
IMG_5850.JPG (2.36 MiB) Viewed 1302 times
The joints are wrapped in tape so you may need to cut it away or the tape might be buggered up in the joint .

Use silpoxy to seal her back up carefully in stages
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS