Starpery.com

Steel plate mod for high heels

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
ankurv

Steel plate mod for high heels

Post by ankurv »

Hello TDF,

I have been a long time lurker and recently bought me a doll, however, when I noticed it was impossible for her to stand in high heels was a huge let down for me :(

After that I started checking threads in the forum looking for ways to accomplish this. Seems like there is a really popular one related to a steel plate taking all the pressure:
viewtopic.php?t=62265

I do not think it is going to be possible for me to create these for my doll and would like to know if anyone here can sell me one pair or if you know where can I acquire one?. I'd really appreciate the help here, will leave a photo of the new doll here :D

Just learned cannot upload photos directly until I have at least a few approved posts, well I will leave a drive link anyway:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ANr2Sg ... xUHWE/view

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Steel plate mod for high heels

Post by Wheezer »

You might want to look over the posts where folks use plastic bolt covers over the foot bolts.
Those have worked with my dolls and high heels.

An alternative is to modify the target shoe a bit.
In that case mark your shoe for the positions of the foot bolts.
At those locations drill, cut or carve out a divot the diameter of the foot bolt.
Then extend the foot bolt out a bit to fit the divot in the shoe.
If you do it right you can "lock in" the foot to the shoe.

Al alternative is to drill the a hole all the way through the shoe.
Then use a longer bolt that goes through the shoe into the foot.
The result is that the shoe is attached to the doll foot.

Just something to consider.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

limedoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Steel plate mod for high heels

Post by limedoll »

Hello ankurv,
I can make these foot plates for you.
If you want to contact me and chat, I can show you my design which utilizes an aluminum plate commonly used in aircraft fuselages.

INFORMATIONS