Starpery.com

Long-term heated storage

Got an idea? Need an invention?
serotta

Long-term heated storage

Post by serotta »

My vision is to combine heating and storage in a way that is inexpensive, easy, and safe. The goal is to bring the entire doll to the perfect temperature with minimal effort.

My idea is to start with a hanging rack like this one that hangs the body and head:

Then two new products would need to be developed:

1. An insulated warming tent to place the rack in. This would be made from the same material as insulated lunch bags or pizza delivery bags.
2. An ultra-safe, low-wattage warmer that goes inside the tent and is thermostat-controlled.

For the warmer, a safe option would be the floor heating mats that are used under ceramic tile. Enclose 2-3 square feet of those in some rigid, fireproof material and place that on the rack beneath the doll. Add a small fan to move the air and assure uniform heating.

btee
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Long-term heated storage

Post by btee »

Wow that is an ingenious idea. I suspect that the insulated tent would work. Has anyone else embarked on this?

mwaasp
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Long-term heated storage

Post by mwaasp »

I have done this. I keep my doll in a cheap plastic cabinet I got at Home Depot.

While there I also got a light bulb socket and some foam panels. And a light bulb guard thing to prevent anything from touching it.

On Amazon I got a reptile heat lamp, a thermostat, and a small fan.

Cut up and glue the foam panel to insulate the cabinet, then I put the heat lamp on the floor with the fan blowing on it.

INFORMATIONS