Starpery.com

Using a Linear Actuator to raise/lower/automatedoll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
GoldenGoose

Using a Linear Actuator to raise/lower/automatedoll

Post by GoldenGoose »

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help to buy the right equipment to finish a project I've started. I've bought this Penso idm3 linear actuator:

https://actuators-electric.co.uk/produc ... -actuator/

I plan to attach one end somehow to an electric hoist and the other end to the doll itself, possibly with a bungy cord added at some point for added variety! My question is, what else do I need to buy in order to accomplish this outcome?

According to their website, the actuators load capacity range is from 12kg at 45mm/second, up to 150kg at 6mm/second. I think the doll weighs around 70kg although that is a guess.

Ideally I want to mount it on the hoist itself or failing that on the metal frame which holds the hoist, and control the speed and distance travelled by the actuator from some box on the bed. I just don't want to buy loads of unnecessary stuff that might not work. They do sell mounting brackets for that model, but I'm wondering if there might be a way to connect it to the hook on the hoist, to enable easier raising/lowering into position prior with the harness on the doll attached to the hook of the hoist, hopefully with the actuator/bungy somewhere in the middle!

Hope this all makes sense and thanks for any advice or help anyone can give me with this kinky idea.

INFORMATIONS