realsexdoll.com

Need help repairing mysterious leak

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
ChadleyInkwell
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Need help repairing mysterious leak

Post by ChadleyInkwell »

My beloved Crystal has sprung a leak somewhere and I can't seem to pinpoint the source. She is a Diao Shi doll.

I found a leak at the edge of her love hole and body. First I covered it with Gorilla Glue and then I covered it with rubber cement. But she is still leaking somewhere.

I have checked all her seams and don't see anything that looks suspicious. Is there another place that I'm missing?

Anyone had the same issue with your own inflatababe?
1. Sara WM 162E viewtopic.php?f=240&t=148644
2. Ana Marie - Kimber Doll viewtopic.php?f=489&t=149572
3. Yazmin - WM 156F
4. Crystal - inflatable viewtopic.php?t=158662

Benefits of Dolls: viewtopic.php?p=2285542

Just as dolls absorb our body heat, so too do they absorb life from our soul (our desires, memories, love).
With us, they come alive.

Hazel_8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Need help repairing mysterious leak

Post by Hazel_8 »

Ive heard that the best way to find a leak is to cover something with soapy water and bubbles should form wherever the leak is. as for repairing it im not sure how well glue works on plastic inflatables. you might need to resort to some really strong adhesive tape. maybe there is some clear stuff designed for like pool/holiday inflatables or something. i feel like information for those types of products is probably more abundant and i don't see a reason for them not to work with inflatable dolls too. good luck.

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

LANYA VAGINA SEAL GLUE.png
LANYA VAGINA SEAL GLUE.png (884.77 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
ChadleyInkwell wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:14 am My beloved Crystal has sprung a leak somewhere and I can't seem to pinpoint the source

Anyone had the same issue with your own inflatababe?
Sorry to hear about Crystal, how long does she take to deflate after normal pressure?

As you probably know from my posts, I had to repair my Marina (aka Layna) because she had a fatal leak around the insert and also on her womb seam. I've added a photo to show one of the locations. Gorilla glue keeps the seams sealed but the doll was retired after the repair to prolong her life.

I killed my Ava, another DiaoShi doll as I split her insert lower seam and she would go flat in minutes from that tiny fault. The seam would open and close depending on Ava's posture. I fixed Ava with VLP Performix but I'm still left with a very slow leak that I cannot find, so just top her up now and again. She's retired too.

Marlene's story is hopefully one that you have avoided. The pocket inside the doll that holds the anal insert developed a fatal leak causing air from the main body to escape. It was impossible to repair without opening up the doll or removing the insert which can cause more faults. Stuffing keeps the doll alive as it could no longer inflate. It is also possible that Ava's slow leak is deep in her insert pocket too. Ava has a removable insert but it's very difficult to work in that small chamber to try and find or repair a fault. I've added a photo of Ava to show the insert chamber.

AVA.png
AVA.png (767.9 KiB) Viewed 1109 times

To answer your main question, there's a bit of an essay to read...

Step one. I usually wet my finger to find an air bubble where I suspect a leak. I keep trying over and over until I have to move to more complicated methods. I investigate ankles, the air valve, the inserts, and so on...

Step two is to inflate the doll and place the seams close to my face to detect escaping air. I will also place my ear close to a seam I suspect and gently squeeze the doll to put pressure on that area. Flexing and compacting the doll can cause a whistling effect as the seam partially opens and closes but you must be careful not to make things worse. Bending a seam beyond tolerance can cause more faults.

Step three. I inflate the doll to give me a clue as to which area or limb goes down first. Ava's leg would always sag, pointing to a small leak on her foot.

Step four. I dip the doll in the bath. Care must be taken because the plastic parts (feet, hands, and head) are not watertight and she'll go mouldy or worst case, BLACK if fluid enters those isolated chambers. Confused? The feet and hands are not always airtight because they don't need to be as they are separated from the main body. The head has holes where the hair is woven so damp hair can cause problems when fluid transfers inside the head to the cotton fibre.

I found that water pressure from submerging the doll can forcibly close a faulty seam so no air escapes, which means no bubbles :cry:

The bath method is easier if the seams are only partially submerged, so I float the seam on top of the water - it will fizzle if there is a leak.

More caution. The last thing you want is water or fluid entering the doll because if there is a hole, no matter how small, fluid will find a way in. Condensation and water vapour from the bathroom can also enter the doll when it's not fully airtight. Ava would steam up inside - she's transparent so I can see the ecosystem inside her.

I had no luck with soapy water and I don't like using it because it leaves a scent and also microparticles and smears on the vinyl.

I did update my threads some time ago to recommend VLP Performix as Gorilla glue is not always suitable given that it dries rigid.

It can be tricky to find leaks and some owners just give up. Repairing them is another level.

Best wishes,

Entity.
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."
Tagline in the style of Robocop; "PART WOMAN, PART FANTASY, ALL DOLL!"

Dolls Alive! -
Marlene And Layna Ch. マーリーン レーナ

Loribear
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Loribear »

Hazel_8 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:44 am Ive heard that the best way to find a leak is to cover something with soapy water and bubbles should form wherever the leak is. as for repairing it im not sure how well glue works on plastic inflatables. you might need to resort to some really strong adhesive tape. maybe there is some clear stuff designed for like pool/holiday inflatables or something. i feel like information for those types of products is probably more abundant and i don't see a reason for them not to work with inflatable dolls too. good luck.
You're right
We focus on the design and manufacture of Anime Hentai Figures Mini Sex Dolls--https://gkdoll.com

Su-Ling
Doll
Doll

Post by Su-Ling »

VLP SEAM FIX.png
VLP SEAM FIX.png (2.06 MiB) Viewed 1102 times

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

If you do find the mysterious leak, ask for advice on how to repair the fault if you've limited experience repairing a vinyl inflatable doll. One can make a mess of first attempts :drinking:
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."

Dolls Alive! -

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Sorry to hear of your inflata babes deflation "CIW"

I have found thru the years that small tears develop where the TPE insert rubs up against the vinyl body - usually on the top but by no means only as I had a few on the bottom as well - it seams the circumference on the insert canal is always effected on the top or bottom - never the sides :|

As E2020 stated also check the feet - this area can be prone to stress tears as well - where the more solid footsie connects with the inflated leg

I use the same water trick as everyone else - however I do not use the soap as the oils in soap do harm to the PVC skin of the doll - water works fine it bubbles up just the same with/ without soap -

Good luck with Crystal

Stay inflated

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Always goes better if I include a picture - and yup its sorta kinda up side down the tear was on the top of the insert canal -

I almost always use patching material - as glue alone is not enough - the weakness in the seam is not strengthened alone by the glue - it need the patch to prevent the seam tear from spreading

Stay inflated
Attachments
Rosita & Wendy 21 - Copy.jpg
Rosita & Wendy 21 - Copy.jpg (288.37 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

Joe 90
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe 90 »

Sorry to hear about Crystal. Maybe she is leaking from one of the areas in my post.

⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️
viewtopic.php?t=158472
The Puppeteer...
Daniella jiggle wiggle.. :puppydogeyes:

viewtopic.php?p=2144328#p2144328

Aiko my anime girl..
viewtopic.php?t=115753

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

ChadleyInkwell wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:14 am My beloved Crystal has sprung a leak somewhere and I can't seem to pinpoint the source.
Bump! How is Crystal?

Dolls Alive! -

The Dolls
Doll
Doll

Post by The Dolls »

Hope Crystal will be okay. Sending our love xxx

INFORMATIONS