Starpery.com

Help fixing WMDOLL ball jointed hand skeleton finger (TPE doll)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Killperry

Help fixing WMDOLL ball jointed hand skeleton finger (TPE doll)

Post by Killperry »

I guess something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. My sweet Lzzy's finger is broken.
This morning I noticed that the skeleton of her middle finger's upper part is completely detached from the hand skeleton.
IMG_20230822_113251057.jpg
IMG_20230822_113251057.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 240 times
She should have the new WM DOLL ball jointed hand skeleton, so the problem is here:
Skeleton1.jpg
Skeleton1.jpg (82.93 KiB) Viewed 240 times
IF that is the case, the problem hopefully is just that the upper part of the finger simply fell out of this connector. The worst case is that the finger bone is broken, which would require a replacement part... 😬
skeleton2.jpg
skeleton2.jpg (43.76 KiB) Viewed 240 times
The first question is: How should I try to get my way to the problem area? I know when you replace the whole hand skeleton, you cut the hand from the palm and take out the hand skeleton, but in this case it's just one finger and it's the upper part of the finger. It kinda feels bad to cut open the whole hand just because of one finger. Could it be possible to peel of the TPE from the tip of the finger?

Any comments or experiences about this?

Killperry

Re: Help fixing WMDOLL ball jointed hand skeleton finger (TPE doll)

Post by Killperry »

Or could it be possible to do a small cut right here where the actual problem is?
IMG_20230822_120154783.jpg
IMG_20230822_120154783.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 237 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, I just responded in your other thread here:

viewtopic.php?p=2405449#p2405449

I would add that if you do make an incision to see what's happened to the joint it would be really helpful if you could post any pics of the affected area. Personally, as yet, I've not had the opportunity to do any work on one of these so any real world pics would be useful.

Killperry

Post by Killperry »

Problem solved in the thread Arthur posted here:
Arthur1960 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:51 am Hi, I just responded in your other thread here:

viewtopic.php?p=2405449#p2405449

I would add that if you do make an incision to see what's happened to the joint it would be really helpful if you could post any pics of the affected area. Personally, as yet, I've not had the opportunity to do any work on one of these so any real world pics would be useful.
I tried to take some photos but they didn't turn out well. The cut I made was so tiny that I would need to detach the finger again to get anykind of a good picture, sorry. 😔

INFORMATIONS