Starpery.com

New idea to keep wigs on?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
SmoothPlastic
Apprentice
Apprentice

New idea to keep wigs on?

Post by SmoothPlastic »

New doll owner here and this is frustrating me. Spent an hour trying to keep the wig on rather than having some fun. Finally got it to stay with some double sided tape. This is a lousy solution as it barely works as it barely holds.

I'm thinking using a silicone wig grip and lining the outside with velcro and under the wig cap. This way it's a strong hold without damaging the head or the wig. I'm going test this out and report back. Has anyone tried this solution ?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: New idea to keep wigs on?

Post by Mr Franz »

Don't know about using silicone lining with TPE. TPE and some kinds of silicone don't play nice together. As for wigs, I just adjust the elastic straps under the cap that go around the back of the head as tight as I can get them. Never had an issue with wigs coming off.

riotmac
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by riotmac »

yes try adjusting the wig size with the clasp on the inside. wig band should help give that extra grip but idk about a silicone band bc if your lady is TPE the interaction between the silicone and TPE could damage each other. using the wig band and adjusting the wig to be smaller it shouldnt come off after that but it could also be the cheap wig your doll came with i suggest buying a human hair wig they are way better.

if the band and adjusting doesnt work you can always just pin the wig to your dolls head it gets the job done but its kind of extreme.
Gameladydoll Ciri/Quiet thread - viewtopic.php?t=162288

SmoothPlastic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SmoothPlastic »

riotmac wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:55 am yes try adjusting the wig size with the clasp on the inside. wig band should help give that extra grip but idk about a silicone band bc if your lady is TPE the interaction between the silicone and TPE could damage each other. using the wig band and adjusting the wig to be smaller it shouldnt come off after that but it could also be the cheap wig your doll came with i suggest buying a human hair wig they are way better.

if the band and adjusting doesnt work you can always just pin the wig to your dolls head it gets the job done but its kind of extreme.
I have a silicone doll so no issues, the principle stands if you use a non silicone wig band. Maybe my doll head is on the small side or because it's hard silicone as I was fiddling with the wig straps for an hour with not much luck.

goofy_dr_love
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by goofy_dr_love »

SmoothPlastic wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:30 am New doll owner here and this is frustrating me. Spent an hour trying to keep the wig on rather than having some fun. Finally got it to stay with some double sided tape. This is a lousy solution as it barely works as it barely holds.

I'm thinking using a silicone wig grip and lining the outside with velcro and under the wig cap. This way it's a strong hold without damaging the head or the wig. I'm going test this out and report back. Has anyone tried this solution ?
I only have problems with wigs coming off on long hair wigs because hair get tangled under the doll when you try to move her by just sliding which nothing will hold it in place or almost nothing. If you pay attention a little bit when you pose where the hair is you get used to it and it won't bother you in the future taking care of the hair so it should sort the problem. What i do with wigs i just strap them at the back of the doll head like rest do and i got no problems as i am used to pay attention where her hair is when i want to pose/move her.
Another thing i do now is using shorter hair wigs and on long hair ones i try brush them regularly to keep them looking good that way is easier to deal with her hair during sex.
Hope this helps :glou:
Review - LoveNestle Vanesssa torso viewtopic.php?t=170013
starpery 148 F Wayne - silicone - review viewtopic.php?t=173241
Dolls i own:
CST doll 150 F Cherry - silicone
Happy doll 168cm E Elf - fabric
Tayu 151 E+ Peach - silicone - review viewtopic.php?t=173737
Wish list:
Elsa babe 148cm L DHR009 silicone
SE doll 155 F 068SO-2 Silicone
Tayu 161cm F Katniss silicone

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

Short hair is definitely a must for in bed activities. That's 1 thing I learned from my 1st doll as her medium long wig is damaged from the constant tangles/hair pulling.
Putting it into a ponytail made it worse and the wig still kept coming off even with the straps connected. I went to my local hair supplier and they had a wide selection of wigs, so ofc I chose the short style and I also bought a nude head cap to prevent any black stains from the inner side of the wig. I gotta say the head cap actually helps prevent the wig from sliding off easily and b/c the wig is short not a single strand of hair is being pulled by her own body or me.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

INFORMATIONS