Starpery.com

Tan Lines - She's been at the Beach Lately

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
55mrradiohead
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Tan Lines - She's been at the Beach Lately

Post by 55mrradiohead »

Erica and Jamie, just hanging out.

This is my first experiment with adding tan lines to a tanned TPE body. I shopped mica based makeups. Found this matte finish makeup at WallyWorld :roll: Applied with a medium makeup brush. You can put too much on and it will smear, so you have to go slow. IF you try this, consult pictures of women with tan lines so you know what they really look like. For this particular doll, it was an *all or nothing* proposition. Even if you decide to remove the tan lines with oil and a card, the image might still be there. In my experience with mica based makeups, most TPE's will stain.

Dolls are...
Jamie is a 5'1" Loxdoll (found on eBay store). I think her head is from Jiusheng (can't remember), but didn't come with the body. Anyway, I bought an inexpensive TPE doll because I want to experiment and try various makeups. I've been working on mica based makeup body accenting (articulation shadowing), similar to what some of the doll manufacturers are offering as hyper body detailing.

Erica is a 4'10" SY Doll, with a 6YE Premium doll head. The TPE is super soft so I had to be extra careful with the shades of makeup and how much I applied.

The body picture of Jamie shows dark makeup that got on her legs....oops. I opted to put makeup to mimic pubic hair. I forgot to wipe away excess dust after I was finished and it transferred to her legs. I might be able to remove most of it with baby oil and a card, just haven't tried it yet. I'm hoping it hasn't stained the TPE.
Attachments
Erica - Jamie.JPG
Erica - Jamie.JPG (742.79 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Mica makeup 1.JPG
Mica makeup 1.JPG (799.9 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Jamie tan lines 1.JPG
Jamie tan lines 1.JPG (754.25 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Jamie tan lines 2.JPG
Jamie tan lines 2.JPG (528.08 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Jamie tan lines 3.JPG
Jamie tan lines 3.JPG (479.62 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Follow A Journey with Erica, my companion - viewtopic.php?t=176674

55mrradiohead
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Tan Lines - She's been at the Beach Lately

Post by 55mrradiohead »

Planning to order a Firedoll head for Jamie's body, so I will have an Italian in the mix. The head resembles actress Vanessa Ferlito, best known for her work on CSI Miami and NCIS New Orleans. It will be interesting to see if the Firedoll makeup artist can get it right. I haven't came up with a sexy Italian name yet :whistle:
Attachments
Firedoll head 63.jpg
Firedoll head 63.jpg (514.22 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Follow A Journey with Erica, my companion - viewtopic.php?t=176674

INFORMATIONS