sexyrealsexdolls.com

How to size photos correctly?

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Shadowplay2

How to size photos correctly?

Post by Shadowplay2 »

Hi TFD'ers-
I'm seeking tips on how to choose the best dimensions for photos before posting them on the forum. Often I work for hours on a photo contest entry and then end up guessing on what size will present it well - and sometimes I regret my decision but then it's too late, the photo is posted.

I use the preview feature which helps some but doesn't fully solve the problem. Ideally I'd like my photos to fill the screen but not require any scrolling to view in their entirety.

A side issue is that I've never been able to get the "iborder" or "img600" buttons to work, even when I try linking to my photos in the doll album. What is the secret there?

Grateful for any guidance here!

:glou:
Donna's best pix: https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumb ... lbum=11480 (Realdoll "Olivia 2.0")
Jaime, the one who got away: https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumb ... lbum=11430 (WM 160A)

Devit

Re: How to size photos correctly?

Post by Devit »

What target output you want to serve? Monitor? Smartphone? What's their ratio? 16:9 / 21:10?
What is their resolution? 1K? 2K? 4K?
Instead click the img button you can type in.

If only want to fill the post completely with the picture use url with address of the big-picture, and img as url-text ... like this below
Do not copy the preview-picture address or thumb-picture address.

Code: Select all

[url=the-urlAddress-of-the-big-picture][img]the-urlAddress-of-the-big-picture[/img][/url]

Canvas
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Canvas »

Do you have photoshop? I learned something cool just last night that helps with resolution.
My pictures have always looked fuzzier to me once they get uploaded, vs what I see on my computer. (except for when I click on them and it loads the picture in a seperate page)
I tried uploading with img600 on my last post and they are clearer that way, but in photoshop I found an option for "save for the web" and watched a tutorial on youtube that showed be how to play with the settings for max resolution.

- for image 600 to work first right click on the picture you want to share
- select "copy image link" (you can also click on the image and copy the url on the page it takes you to)
- paste the text you just copied
- highlight text and click "img600"

(^this took me the longest time to figure out on my own, I wish there was a sticky somewhere that outlined this for everyone)
- viewtopic.php?t=144737 -
🌸 🍒 - Doll Canvas - 🍒 🌸

Shadowplay2

Post by Shadowplay2 »

Devit wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:26 pm What target output you want to serve? Monitor? Smartphone? What's their ratio? 16:9 / 21:10?
What is their resolution? 1K? 2K? 4K?
Instead click the img button you can type in.

If only want to fill the post completely with the picture use url with address of the big-picture, and img as url-text ... like this below
Do not copy the preview-picture address or thumb-picture address.

Code: Select all

[url=the-urlAddress-of-the-big-picture][img]the-urlAddress-of-the-big-picture[/img][/url]
Many thanks, Devit, for responding here. Good point on the target output -- I was only thinking of my monitor, and don't know the ratio or resolution, so I have plenty to learn.

I'm curious about the urls people use. I'm only know of the doll album as a place to link to, but from looking at the code behind various posts on the forum, it looks like people are using a variety of online places to store their photos?

I will try it the way you've outlined. Thank you for the example!
Donna's best pix: https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumb ... lbum=11480 (Realdoll "Olivia 2.0")
Jaime, the one who got away: https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumb ... lbum=11430 (WM 160A)

Shadowplay2

Post by Shadowplay2 »

Canvas wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:45 pm Do you have photoshop? I learned something cool just last night that helps with resolution.
My pictures have always looked fuzzier to me once they get uploaded, vs what I see on my computer. (except for when I click on them and it loads the picture in a seperate page)
I tried uploading with img600 on my last post and they are clearer that way, but in photoshop I found an option for "save for the web" and watched a tutorial on youtube that showed be how to play with the settings for max resolution.

- for image 600 to work first right click on the picture you want to share
- select "copy image link" (you can also click on the image and copy the url on the page it takes you to)
- paste the text you just copied
- highlight text and click "img600"

(^this took me the longest time to figure out on my own, I wish there was a sticky somewhere that outlined this for everyone)
Hey, Canvas - Thank you as well for getting back on this. I tried image 600 and iborder using your method and both worked great!

Really good tip also on photoshop. I have it on another computer so will try.

:glou:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I just attach everything to the thread I'm posting in. No muss, no fuss. Then later if I want to use the pic again, I just link to it using (img). I typically hold size to 1600 on the long side for JPG files and 800 for GIF. Problem I have with remote image hosts, the majority are not compatible with older operating systems like the one on the PC I typically use to access TDF. So, a lot of what people post to such sights, are not viewable to me, regardless of size.

INFORMATIONS