Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

From Bad to Worse... (Samantha's Repair Thread)

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ASteele94

From Bad to Worse... (Samantha's Repair Thread)

Post by ASteele94 »

Hey everyone. So I've been a little quiet when it comes to the Abyss side of TDF, and that's because Samantha is in desperate need of repairs. I'm just making this thread to share my pain, heartache (maybe get some postivity thrown our way) and see if anyone else has some thoughts on what may be going on here. So ever since Laila arrived in December of 2021 and I swapped her head onto my existing body AA (that I had received from Galmato Haven earlier that year.) Her head/neck joint was always very loose and "bobble head" like unless I tilt her head down towards the floor. Worth noting that whenever I would slightly nudge her in bed, there'd always be these weird "pop" and "click" sounds coming from the bolts. Which leads us to now.

About a month ago, I took it upon myself (with Reggie's instructions) to tighten one of the bolts to remedy the issue. Take her head off, get a socket wrench on the bolt, and tighten as needed. Sounds simple enough, but as soon as I heard a small *snap* I could feel my heart sink. I tightened the bolt that smidge too far, and the whole thing snapped, but the flat backside to the bolt remained intact. As did the neck block, so I was able to reattach her head.

I sent Reggie an email immediately, and I was planning to have her shipped out in the next week or two. And now, as I was gingerly repositioning her for bed, the rest of that bolt came out, and the whole head fell off! :cry: One hell of a way to spend your one year anniversary with your girl, ain't it.

If Reggie is truly a miracle worker and can fix this, I'll sing his praises till the end of my days! Does this still look salvageable to you guys, or should I start saying my goodbyes? :puppydogeyes: :puppydogeyes: :puppydogeyes:
IMG_3093.JPG
IMG_3093.JPG (3.17 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3094.JPG
IMG_3094.JPG (2.39 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3095.JPG
IMG_3095.JPG (4.81 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3134.JPG
IMG_3134.JPG (3.48 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3135.JPG
IMG_3135.JPG (3.24 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3136.JPG
IMG_3136.JPG (2.95 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3137.JPG
IMG_3137.JPG (3.37 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3138.JPG
IMG_3138.JPG (3.81 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3139.JPG
IMG_3139.JPG (3.33 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
IMG_3140.JPG
IMG_3140.JPG (7.4 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
My Girls:
Samantha Yuuki-RealDoll (Body AA/Laila)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: From Bad to Worse... (Samantha's Repair Thread)

Post by seagull »

Got a strong spanner hand there ASteele94 :)
It appears the bolt has snapped and can be replaced, not saying it won't be fun trying to get it back together but should be doable

ASteele94

Post by ASteele94 »

seagull wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:26 am Got a strong spanner hand there ASteele94 :)
It appears the bolt has snapped and can be replaced, not saying it won't be fun trying to get it back together but should be doable
Hey! Its not my fault the bolt was being difficult :lol:

All kidding aside though, the bolt was the initial problem. You tighten it from the front, and its flat in the back. The front half snapped(and Reggie said he'd have no problems fixing that.) But now, the flat side came out of the back, which led to the whole block coming undone. I'm just worried that if this part is something Abyss sets into the skeleton when they pour the doll, then the whole bodies ruined :cry:

Her body is in good shape, and so is the skull. The head is only a year old, so it better be in good condition! Its just all these bits and bobs that connect the two where I'm running into problems.
My Girls:

Brick

Post by Brick »

Reggie's the master, if anyone can fix it he will. I think your girl is going to be fine..........Happy Holidays!
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Phil_02
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Phil_02 »

if Reggie can 're-core' the vaginal cavity of a doll and make it look like practically nothing was out of order. Which he can, and has. <= that, in my mind, sounds way more difficult than fixing the neck bolt area of a doll. I think Reggie can "Bob the Builder" (Can he do it? Yes he can!) the hell out of it. Go Reggie!

:-)

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

I'm pretty sure I've tried to tighten that bolt a couple times and if I remember right, there is another neck bolt even deeper down the neck than that (that took me a couple tries to find) which actually fixed her head side to side flopping issue. I considered slicing the back of the neck open for better access, but was able to "manipulate the apparatus" without resorting to that extreme. Can't see the carriage bolt head very well in the pic, but they are mostly grade 2 so no wonder it broke. Thanks for the detailed rundown and sorry for your troubles. It's definitely repairable, so hope your gal is back to her old self soon.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

ASteele94

Post by ASteele94 »

Hey! So its been awhile since I've updated this thread, as I ran into some logistical issues getting a box that I could ship Samantha out to Reggie in. But she's been in California for about a month, enjoying her Spa Day. The one thing that was taking the longest was her nipples, which had to ship from Abyss (I assume.)

So Reggie just texted this picture to me with her new nips on, and I'm liking what I see. I can't wait to have her home! :D

Here's a quick before and after of what they looked like before. (Standard 2 Nipples in the Chestnut color, for anyone curious.)
IMG_2721.JPG
IMG_2721.JPG (3.96 MiB) Viewed 1135 times
IMG_E3784.JPG
IMG_E3784.JPG (73.67 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
My Girls:

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Phil_02 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:29 pm if Reggie can 're-core' the vaginal cavity of a doll and make it look like practically nothing was out of order. Which he can, and has. <= that, in my mind, sounds way more difficult than fixing the neck bolt area of a doll. I think Reggie can "Bob the Builder" (Can he do it? Yes he can!) the hell out of it. Go Reggie!

:-)
Brick wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:50 am Reggie's the master, if anyone can fix it he will. I think your girl is going to be fine..........Happy Holidays!
Agreed 100%!
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

ASteele94

Post by ASteele94 »

Well, its been a couple months at this point. But Seko dropped her off yesterday, and I got her put back together about an hour ago! I'll post some more "professional" photos in her main thread when I find the time.

But minus one face magnet that needs some silipoxy by me, Reggie did a phenomenal job! I'm over the moon ecstatic to have her home, and she looks as smokin' as ever :D
IMG_3325.JPG
IMG_3325.JPG (4.51 MiB) Viewed 826 times
IMG_3324.JPG
IMG_3324.JPG (2.17 MiB) Viewed 826 times
My Girls:

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wolverine »

Congratulations! Very Sexy 8) .

chase779
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by chase779 »

Looks very nice 😊

INFORMATIONS