sexyrealsexdolls.com

3M 94 Primer – Application as a TPE Glue / Cold Weld

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Blackavar440
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: 3M 94 Primer – Application as a TPE Glue / Cold Weld

Post by Blackavar440 »

Hey Wheezer I have an irontech 164+ with Gel breast and while moving her a couple of times my left shoulder went up underneath her breast and latter noticed I had stress cracked it. So I did some research and found this thread.
I bought the 3M 94, 20ml bottles, 3ml syringes to make some paste.
So by the looks of my photos how would you approach this operation?
What do you use to extract the paste from the bottle?
Do you use a syringe or some other kind of tool?
what do you use to smooth it out in the cracked area?
And if there's any other things that would be good to know to do this operation.
Attachments
IMG_2677.PNG
IMG_2677.PNG (623.22 KiB) Viewed 946 times
IMG_2676.PNG
IMG_2676.PNG (627.46 KiB) Viewed 946 times

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

irontech 164+ with Gel breast under breast repair

OK .. a good first step is a similar repair at the link HERE viewtopic.php?f=229&t=131728&p=1786105&#p1786105

0) PRACTICE FIRST - Putting the paste in is not hard, but you want a trial run. Smoothing should be practiced too. In the lower breast area you could use a brush with a deft hand, mist some alcohol and gently roll it out with a q-tip dipped in baby oil (paste will not stick to that). If you have a small pallet knife that works too. You might want to make a divot (gasp!) in the neck top and do a test of filling and what works for you with smoothing. Most folks say "fix and then smooth", but the smoothing part gets into how good you are with fine motor skills in the hands, are you left or right handed, are you better pulling or pushing, what is your preferred tool, etc. What works for me might not work for you. And what works on a flat area like a thigh may not work as well on a curved under breast. So get comfortable with that first. While the paste is still wet you CAN easily smooth it, once you have a good method down.

Here are the general steps ..... please read/review all before starting.

1) To be safe, mist or clean the area with alcohol.
2) Mix paste, make it thick. Let it set up. It will take a while. Stir up (gently) a few times. Make TWICE what you think you will need.
3) Think small. Like you are about to fill in the drywall cracks in a miniature wall. Do you have a little pallet knife, small spoon, etc.? Look around the house or your shop to find a small scoop or spoon to get the paste to the breast. Once I cut up a metal tube to make a mini spoon for paste delivery. Metal or hard black plastic works. Check your found tool to make sure it is OK with 3M (just to be safe).
4) Position her on her upper body maybe 45 degrees down. This takes SOME stress off the breasts. Don't stand her on her head and put too much stress on the breasts.
5) Place some paper towels below breasts in case you slip and drip.
6) Take out some paste with your tool. Place and wound and PUSH IN (gently). You want to make sure it is in there deep and touching.
7) Don't freak if a bit unzips, the next pass can cover that.
8) Fill the wound/crack center ALMOST TO TOP, not all the way. As it cures it will shrink down and you will smooth your final pass.
9) WAIT FOR THIS PASS TO CURE - Give it 24 hours. Thick paste => deep application => longer time to cure (off gas the 3M solvent)
10) The thickness of your paste will determine how much it shrinks.
11) Repeat to fill in depression.
12) Smooth out using what you have practiced and are good at.
13) Let cure SOLID. Waiting is good even though it might be difficult.
14) If a mini depression remains, you can add a bit more and smooth until satisfied.
15) LET IT CURE (Have you picked up yet that TPE paste is actually spelled out as "WAIT AND LET IS SLOWLY CURE" but not pronounced that way?)
16) You can feather in or do whatever makes you satisfied with the final blending.
17) LIGHTLY Powder of the primer paste once cured. Even after curing the paste will have a bit of surface stickiness, powder cures that.

NOTE: To improve adhesion you MIGHT want to lightly coat the inner wound area with 3M primer before paste. BUT THIS CAN BE RISKY. If the area is under stress THIS COULD CAUSE THE TPE TO UNZIP (dramatically open up and expand the wound channel). A lot depends on the weight of the breast, the position the doll is in for repair and the natural repose angle of the breast. If you want to do this, test first with a VERY SMALL drop on a toothpick and watch carefully. I don't think so based on the last image, but test to be sure.

Once complete and cured the crack should be repaired and the TPE paste bonded to the doll and breast. The area will be filled with TPE and be under compression, rather than stress tension. Also this is a cold set repair, NOT the original heat set TPE as in the original casting. The bonding will be good, but still a repair and as such a weak point. Try not to pick her up by the breasts, beat on them like bongos or the like (unless that is your fancy). Not to say it is delicate, but just be aware no repair is perfect. Better to be careful and happy all is well, than complacent and get surprised.

Practice the smoothing, take your time and it should be an easy repair. Going slowly, using less and building up multiple layers is better than "whoomp all at once".

Take your time and please let everyone know how it worked out.
Cheers!
... W ...

UPDATE: As been suggested I should remind you that the curing paste will emit fumes as it cures. So make sure you have ventilation, either outside or in a room with good air flow. Wear a mask to protect yourself. DO NOT perform this procedure naked while inside a sealed broom closet. That would be dangerous. Likewise doing this while wearing a full level A (or type 1) hazmat suit on the field of an empty soccer stadium would be overly cautious. Use reasonable personal protective gear to insure you and your doll have many fun times after the repair is complete.
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Wheezer's advice, Use all appropriate safety gear
Plenty of ventilation, outside is preferable even with PPE according to muesky :)

Blackavar440
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Blackavar440 »

Hey thanks so much Wheezer, I'll keep everyone posted with my progress :thumbs_up:

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Blackavar440 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:34 am Hey thanks so much Wheezer, I'll keep everyone posted with my progress :thumbs_up:
Just a side note but you might want to use plastic wrap about the breast and the torso to give pressure to keep things from accidently shifting and to keep the area clean.. As you know TPE is a magnet for crap so you want to keep the area clean.. You are going to want to do this in layers. Start filling in the deepest part of the wound, give it time to set then fill in some more until you have it flush with the surface. In repairs like these rushing the process is only going to result in the repair not working..

Wheezer knows his stuff and when he says wait for it to set, you wait for it to set.. This is not something you can rush on and as he says practice first. If you have some extra tpe to work with cut it deep and use the paste to seal up the wound. Do this until you are comfortable with the process before working on your doll..

Good luck to you, you have got this!
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Oh yes ... another thing that can help is stuff called "Reusable Fastening Tape". You can find it on Amazon
Its actually velcro tape, one side hook, the other side loop. Comes in rolls from 5 to 25 yards.
You can use it to hold breasts and stuff, temporary wound binds, protective doll wrapping, etc.
Lots of uses. Cut it to the size needed and it is reusable !!
If you use it directly against TPS doll flesh, make sure the soft part (loop) goes against the TPE flesh, not the hooks. :)
Cheers!
... W ...
71+ufCm1tPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71+ufCm1tPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (147.9 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Wheezer wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:29 am Oh yes ... another thing that can help is stuff called "Reusable Fastening Tape". You can find it on Amazon
Its actually velcro tape, one side hook, the other side loop. Comes in rolls from 5 to 25 yards.
You can use it to hold breasts and stuff, temporary wound binds, protective doll wrapping, etc.
Lots of uses. Cut it to the size needed and it is reusable !!
If you use it directly against TPS doll flesh, make sure the soft part (loop) goes against the TPE flesh, not the hooks. :)
Cheers!
... W ...
71+ufCm1tPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Ah..thanks! Why haven´t I thought of that one yet. Just what I need for a current project. 8) :glou:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Elastic Spool Tape ....

For what it's worth another curious item that might come in handy.
I've used it to make wig bands and add to wigs to make them easier to work with ....
Also for temporary, reusable, soft and non damaging ways to keep repair parts aligned ....
Plus in the back of outfits and such to make them fit "just right".

Nothing earth shaking, but a nifty bit to have in the repair and rework kit.
Comes in various widths and sizes and in WHITE, so no TPE stain concerns.
Cheers!
... W ...
White Elastic Spool.jpg
White Elastic Spool.jpg (55.99 KiB) Viewed 849 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Wheezer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:17 pm Elastic Spool Tape ....

For what it's worth another curious item that might come in handy.
I've used it to make wig bands and add to wigs to make them easier to work with ....
Also for temporary, reusable, soft and non damaging ways to keep repair parts aligned ....
Plus in the back of outfits and such to make them fit "just right".

Nothing earth shaking, but a nifty bit to have in the repair and rework kit.
Comes in various widths and sizes and in WHITE, so no TPE stain concerns.
Cheers!
... W ...
White Elastic Spool.jpg
Weezer,
How long have you left them in contact with the TPE? I had a disastrous experience with coflex tape.
viewtopic.php?t=147839

Rev Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

RevJack wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:22 pm Weezer,
How long have you left them in contact with the TPE? I had a disastrous experience with coflex tape.
viewtopic.php?t=147839

Rev Jack
The stuff I got from Amazon did not cause the immediate and catastrophic problem described in your post.
Ack ... that sounded NASTY !!
For long term I use what comes with the wig and maybe a pin or two for non movement perfection.
Usually folk want the wig to not move during playtime or such, in that case this works. Personally I prefer and mostly use the adjustable velco wig bands.
Clothing adjustment bands against dolls have never caused a problem, but then the idea is to not leave tight or constricting items on too long anyhow.
When used for repair stabilize, it's not long (overnight or so) depending on the cure time needed. Longer than that I put some cardboard, towels or whatever at what looks like the highest pressure point to distribute it to a wider area if the TPE.

The odd thing about the "do not use this tape" post is that I have seem several repair posts where folks use similar looking medial tape with no apparent problems.
One showed and arm repair wrap up with no note of damage afterwards. However that was a body part, and the TPE used in heads is typically not the same as the body.
*BUT* ... that was the medical stuff with no colors. It might have been the dye, or it might have been an off-shore (hmm) made tape from a land that does not really test items or have any strict concerns about dangers regarding their export products.

Either way .. thanks for the alert and, as always, test and verify first on your doll.
Every doll is different.
Cheers!
... W ...

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Wheezer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:10 pm
Dollyman25442 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:04 pm Btw, as input, after much work on the vagina rip done to Tink, sadly all methods I used (mostly gleened from this post) failed. The rip tore again on first use.
So, to my knowledge we still have no repair that has proven to hold for a critical stress area.
Please post a pic of the damage area so I can roll it around in my noggin.
Size, shape and grafting methods all come into play.
Options include 3M primer (based on surface area to bind), paste, heat flow paste, micro solder repair, bench made lips grafted on, etc.
All based on the original TPE composition of the target site, oil composition, colors used in the base doll, etc.

One of them will work ...The lips can be fixed .. that is unless you are using a freight train down there. 8O

Cheers!
... W ...
Pages 59-62 of the discussions here

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dominique-n-Splash »

Marker for my reference
:B-fly:

A lion does not care about the opinion of a 100 sheep.

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by MX-V »

I've used the primer for basic repairs and mods, but there are some great ideas in here.

Thank you for this Wheezer and everyone who contributed to this invaluable topic.

I am so excited to know that my dolls can now live forever.

As soon as I can get back to work on my little creative projects, I can now see some Frankensteining, for some project dolls, in my future. (insert evil laugh and thunder)
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

INFORMATIONS