betterlovedoll.com

Sex, love and companionship … with AI?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Jussi

Sex, love and companionship … with AI?

Post by Jussi »

SexRobots...

Sex, love and companionship … with AI? Why human-machine relationships could go mainstream

Marco Dehnert, Arizona State University and Joris Van Ouytsel, Arizona State University
Early research finds that people get just about the same gratification from sexting with a chatbot as they do with another human.

Robots with benefits: how sexbots are marketed as companions

When thinking of sexbots, companionship might not be the first word that comes to mind. But sexbot advertising promises more than sex toys. It is also selling emotional intimacy: robots marketed as if they are capable of meeting both physical and psychological needs.

They are being sold as a solution to loneliness.

Sex robots started to come on to the market around 2010. Those available now have skin that is claimed to feel lifelike, heated orifices, and the ability to groan on touch. They may have customisable eye colour, skin tone, hair styles, orifices and accents. A 2017 survey suggested almost half of Americans think that having sex with robots will become a common practice within 50 years.

The sexbot Roxxxy is made by engineer Douglas Hines, the owner of a New Jersey-based company that is called True Companion. Hines claims “sex only goes so far - then you want to be able to talk to the person”. Programmed with six personalities including Frigid Farrah and Wild Wendy, Roxxxy can also be further customised with apps. True Companion’s demonstration video opens with the question: “What if I could have my true companion? Always turned on and ready to play.”

Another sexbot, Emma, was created by the Chinese AI Shenzhen All Intelligent Technology Company Ltd (also known as AI-Tech or AI Technology). On the company’s website, she is marketed as a “real AI you can talk to.” She offers “warm hugs” and will “feel your feelings. :)

READ MORE...https://theconversation.com/robots-with ... ons-126262
8)
Attachments
“warm hugs”
“warm hugs”
Pic2.jpg (72.59 KiB) Viewed 233 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Sex, love and companionship … with AI?

Post by seagull »

With AI programs currently relying on high powered computers under constant supervision or monitoring by humans and accessed via the cloud environment, I feel a bit shy about sharing my personal information.

For this there is a fee for service attached to some of the high end programs

The concluding sentence in the article:
So perhaps the question isn’t can sexbots be companions, but what is a companion? And, can a solution to loneliness be bought?

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

What are tou talking about?
Thats a cheap fake news we regularly see on tabloids.

Most of us Doll users have more emotional and psychological bonds to our dolls than for sexual use

On the contrary, current AI sexbots DONT provide any of that. Their mechanical noises, glitches and clumsy sounds are a cool off and a laugh that prevents any immersion. Text gpt chat like Replika is better but not these

Remember: at the current tech stage, silent silicone dolls "talk" and interact a lot more... through out imagination

The moment a current sexbot (even Realdoll ones) start speaking the magic is lost. So much users turn their AI off and use them as regular silicone silent dolls

That piece of news is like any news claiming about stuff on the market doing miraculous things that actually dont
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

My mother bought a kitchen wall clock that every hour plays different bird tunes. She thought the bird sounds were cool, a feel of nature.

The reality is that after some time you know all the bird humes, and repetition over time actually make them unbearable, a torture
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

So, we are not there yet? :glou:

Papasmurf1142
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Papasmurf1142 »

Next 50 years??? Ha.: it’s already happening now.. many here are already supplementing and adding personalities to their dolls with the help of an ai chatbot. as far as these ai dolls going mainstream, I actually feel that it will happen sooner given the current state of mental health unfortunately affecting so many.. perhaps the tactile feedback from dolls may not happen just yet, but they’re coming .. just my 2 cents ..

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Papasmurf1142 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:32 am Next 50 years??? Ha.: it’s already happening now.. many here are already supplementing and adding personalities to their dolls with the help of an ai chatbot. as far as these ai dolls going mainstream, I actually feel that it will happen sooner given the current state of mental health unfortunately affecting so many.. perhaps the tactile feedback from dolls may not happen just yet, but they’re coming .. just my 2 cents ..
Agree. The boys haven't been following the media and where things are going with regards to artificial intelligence and robots :D
Attachments
robpot
robpot
picx3.jpg (181.69 KiB) Viewed 160 times

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

When AI is ready and standard in chips from chinese doll manufacturers, ok, will buy them.

Not prototypes or workarounds

Remember Alexa? I own an Alexa, even bought adapters for lights so I could turn the lights by voice command.

7 years ago Alexa devices were selling in every household. Today my Alexa is stored somewhere and i turn my lights walking to the socket and using my fingers.

A relative I spent a few days at her home set her Alexa to remind daily to take the trash outside and water the plants. First time you hear its cool, then with daily repetition you start to hate it, and next phase is pure torture.

I failed to persuade her to turn off the device, so i managed to leave the house as much as I could not to hear it.

You guys are impressed by a tech that is in its early stages, full of glitches and downsides, no... its not like in the movies, its years to get to that.

Sadly users are die hard supporters of what they own, so they are happy to promote the hype and mislead others.

I really wished a Realdoll user would come out of the closet and speak the truth about the electric interaction AI of its dolls. No doubt Realdolls have a silicone quality better than any other doll.

But their voices and eye move are a curiosity you soon turn off after some time
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira

INFORMATIONS