sexyrealsexdolls.com

Jolenes' Elbow

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Jolenes' Elbow

Post by Photo_guy »

Some of you may recall from other threads that Jo suffered a cut to her elbow within an hour of originally being unboxed. Exactly how I am still unsure, but it was quite heartbreaking, and a quick wake-up as to just how fragile these dolls can be.
jocut1.JPG
jocut1.JPG (148.6 KiB) Viewed 300 times
During the 18 months since I have repaired the cut with 3M Primer 94, a couple different times, with mixed results. Only to have the same cut reopen some time later.
jocut3.JPG
jocut3.JPG (167.23 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Keeping in mind the material there needs to stretch quite a bit as the elbow is bent and knowing that is now a weak spot I’ve tried not to bend it all too much or too often. But that doesn’t always work. This last time it opened back up there were no external forces on it which prompted me to think it was being torn from the metal skeleton inside. Upon further examination I can see why, these edges are hella sharp, wtf?
jocut2.JPG
jocut2.JPG (180.02 KiB) Viewed 300 times
I would like to find a fix to this before repairing the TPE again, so I’m not just doing it again in a few months. I’ve read elsewhere a suggestion of filing down the sharp edges on the metal and am wondering if anyone has actual done this and the results-?
I immediately worry about the metal shavings but guess steps could be taken to clean it all somehow.

Standing there looking at all the different plastics in my recycle bin my Inner-MacGyver kicked in and I began wondering if I could somehow put in a guard over the metal. Something like you & I have a knee cap over the joint there.
jocap1.JPG
jocap1.JPG (429.07 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Has anyone attempted this or something similar?
One of my first concerns would be how the TPE and plastic would react together? And then how it would all react with the primer?
I’ve not that much experience with it all so am throwing the idea out there and wondering if anyone else has attempted it-?
Or for other suggestions-

For now the doll is safely in its box for the next few weeks while I’m away at work, but would like to attempt a solution next time I am home.
Every day is a good day, some are just better than others. - RJD
Jo- WM 167 H Cup Fitness Model
Amber- (Shared Body) Head #266

Stacy
Five Card Draw

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Jolenes' Elbow

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello Photo_guy,

I wish elbow of Jolene feels better soon ;_;
You are so kind to give care and look for solution to injury!
I do not know what to do with sharp elbow >.<
Plastic bottle piece is nice idea I think.

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

Taeyeon wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:57 am Hello Photo_guy,

I wish elbow of Jolene feels better soon ;_;
You are so kind to give care and look for solution to injury!
I do not know what to do with sharp elbow >.<
Plastic bottle piece is nice idea I think.

TaeYeon
Thank you Taeyeon. It would seem some experimentation is forthcoming but I am hoping to have a better and more permanent solution for this. It is such an ugly scar on an otherwise beautiful doll.

Stacy
Five Card Draw

Khaossinua

Post by Khaossinua »

My advice to you - if you have a repair tpe, stretch the hole a little more, take out the elbow joint and wrap it with a medical bandage. you can also wrap a piece of plastic with it. then you need to solder in a slightly bent joint. I did this on my wrists: I put a little TPE and melted it with a soldering iron so that it was absorbed into the bandage. then I soldered the bulk to the base. it turned out not too good, but not bad, and most importantly - functionally.
20230401_174047.jpg
20230401_174047.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 211 times
IMG_20230402_080934833.jpg
IMG_20230402_080934833.jpg (3.63 MiB) Viewed 210 times

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

Ok, taking notes here, thanks.
And yea I agree the mechanism needs to somehow be shielded from the thin tpe of the elbow.

Stacy
Five Card Draw

jantra
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by jantra »

Hey Photo_guy.................I too had failed results with the 3M 94 primer as a cold weld.............I went through exhaustive prep measures trying to attach a finger and all 3 times the weld failed within several weeks............fed up and not knowing what else to do, I did the same prep (alcohol wipes and then dry sufficiently) and used super glue for the surgery..............it has been 4 to 5 months and still holding with no damage to the surrounding flesh..............hope this helps and we so wish you good luck in preventing the elbow joint from causing further future problems.

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

jantra wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:33 pm Hey Photo_guy.................I too had failed results with the 3M 94 primer as a cold weld.............I went through exhaustive prep measures trying to attach a finger and all 3 times the weld failed within several weeks............fed up and not knowing what else to do, I did the same prep (alcohol wipes and then dry sufficiently) and used super glue for the surgery..............it has been 4 to 5 months and still holding with no damage to the surrounding flesh..............hope this helps and we so wish you good luck in preventing the elbow joint from causing further future problems.
Nice to know, that actually seems like a pretty simple option. I will see if it may work in this spot.
I've had to put this project on hold for a bit, my plate of to-dos got really overloaded, knocking them out one at a time here, hell I just planted a tree this week. And Jos' elbow is something I don't need to rush, she just contently sits here on the couch. I'm about to leave town again but will continue researching methods and form a plan for when I get back and do have the time. I hope to reach out and request some advice from the Reverend and other Gurus here as well when the time comes.
Thanks Jantra.

Stacy
Five Card Draw

INFORMATIONS