betterlovedoll.com

Blatant excuse to post pictures,...

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Blatant excuse to post pictures,...

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,.....

Well kaori has been looking at me oddly wondering when I was going to post some of her pictures,so I thought I would put a couple of her in her new coffee brown dress she was wearing when she met my mum.

Kaori just after she changed into her new dress.

Kaori wearing her Tiki Bolo.

This is how Kaori met my mother the other wekend.

My problem now is how to get the sparkles that have come off her dress off of her skin,..?
Fortunaltly this is her only dress with sparkles on it so this should'nt happen often,...
Also anyone know how to clean such a garment as it has no tag on it with cleaning instructions.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

noquiexis
Former Member

Post by noquiexis »

playtime,

Great pictures! I hope your Mother was impressed!

To get the sparkles off of Kaori, try some tape carefully on a small spot. If that works, do the rest.

To clean the garment, take it to a dry cleaners. They should be able to tell you if it can be machine washed. If Kaori is the only one wearing this dress, it should not require cleaning, or at least not very often. If the dress is shared with a daughter or girlfriend, then it might need regular cleaning.

My daughter is visiting for the holidays. I already gave her the bad news - she will not be allowed to use the dolls' clothes or jewelry! She is only a little jealous! :)
noquiexis
Arana ( RealDoll Face 8 Body 8 ), Lothlorien ( Matt Krivicke Doll Pixie head ) and Zanthia ( Matt Krivicke Doll Yvette ) exist only in my imagination

"To me the meanest flower that blows can give
Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."
William Wordsworth

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

You might be able to vacuum off the sparkles if you have a brush attachment. Actually try it on both the doll and the dress. Otherwise you have to wash both the doll and dress. Maybe a strong tape will work for a bit but the oil in the silicone will kill the stickiness fast. Lint rollers are useless, and wipes work a little. It's just easer to shower her off.
Red Heads Rule!

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

OMG...the sparkles...they will be there forever :roll:

that dress is beautiful, btw. :thumbs_up:
The Toy Store keeps us going.
Buy at the Toy Store: http://shop.sex-superstore.com/cgi-bin/toys2.cgi?af=4969&ecode=8170781N

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,.....

On the bright side,Kaori puts a Sparkle in my eye!

Thanks for the info getting the sparkles off Kaori's skin.

Thankfully its the only dress she has with Sparkles.

Playtime.

Kaori's Antics

Sophie
Doll
Doll

Post by Sophie »

Mr. Playtime,
Like you humans NEED an excuse to post pictures of us dolls?

Kaori,
You keep on him, girl, to make up more excuses to post those lovely pics! :D

Sincerely,
Sophie :wink:

Mechwizard
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mechwizard »

Wot the curvy one said. You don't need an excuse.
Sparkles can be a shit - giving her a wash is the easiest way out.

I was just looking at some of the latest photos, and Kaori looks so small in her crate. Zara seems to fill the damn thing.
Mechwizard
Consort to the Queen of Curves
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10796

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,.......

noquiexis wrote: Great pictures! I hope your Mother was impressed!

To get the sparkles off of Kaori, try some tape carefully on a small spot. If that works, do the rest.
Oh she was impressed alright,... I could'nt believe she liked her,...
I knew she would be cool about it but there are still times she can surprise me.
Mechwizard wrote:I was just looking at some of the latest photos, and Kaori looks so small in her crate. Zara seems to fill the damn thing.
Well Kaori is only 5ft10in,...yeh she can look cute,and she makes you want to scoop her up in your arms and just cuddle her,...

Sophie wrote:Kaori,
You keep on him, girl,...........
Ah,...thats it,...just keep encourageing her to continue to drive me nutts with her drapeing herself seductively over the furniture,its not fair how she dose that I tell ya,...its not fair!!!!!!

Playtime.

Kaori's Antics

Inuyasha

Post by Inuyasha »

I made the mistake of ordering a dress that used sparkles with Svetlana I. It was a paid to clean her up afterwards, so I learned from that mistake. Here is how I cleaned her up

Use a vaccuum first to try to get any sparkles off her that haven't adhered.

Adhesive lint rollers quickly lose their effectiveness on silicone skin due to the oils present. You are better off getting some 2" wide masking tape and applying strips of it to her to get the sparkles off that the vaccuum didn't. This can be a tedious process. I found that pre-cutting and staging a dozen strips of tape made it a little less tedious than doing them one at a time.

Finally, I used a washcloth wetted with rubbing alchohol to get the stubborn sparkles off. The alchohol seemed to do a good job of releasing the sparkles from the silicone oil on the skin and the washcloth removed most that were a bit more ground into the skin.

Even with all this, you will be finding sparkles for weeks in all likelihood. Keep a pair of tweezers handy to pluck them when you find them.

Debra
Former Member

Re: Blatant excuse to post pictures,...

Post by Debra »

playtime wrote:G'day everyone,.....

Well kaori has been looking at me oddly wondering when I was going to post some of her pictures,so I thought I would put a couple of her in her new coffee brown dress she was wearing when she met my mum.

Kaori just after she changed into her new dress.

Kaori wearing her Tiki Bolo.

This is how Kaori met my mother the other wekend.

My problem now is how to get the sparkles that have come off her dress off of her skin,..?
Fortunaltly this is her only dress with sparkles on it so this should'nt happen often,...
Also anyone know how to clean such a garment as it has no tag on it with cleaning instructions.

Playtime.
Mr Playtime, this is the biggest crock of BS I've ever heard! You just wanted to post pics of your luscious, beautiful dolly and you know it! :roll: :lol:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/air_mattress/sets/72157625047918693/

dmc1281

Post by dmc1281 »

That is a very pretty dress, and I agree with Sophie that you don't need an excuse to post pictures.

INFORMATIONS