MannequinFan items for sale

We turn dreams into reality!
-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: MannequinFan items for sale

Post by -Ragnar66- »

MannequinFan wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:57 pm Hey Ragnar, I sent you an email. Hopefully your email is still the same - if you don't get it please email me at mf.creations.shop@gmail.com.

Those V6 lids look like the first V6 I made which were more of a complete circle in shape which is part of the problem. The current V6 lids have been reduced some. Jeff at BCD actually pointed out that issue years ago so I revised them a little.

One thing that will help a lot with the factory eye fit is to trim off the corner tabs on the eyelids so they are shaped more like the old ones you like. You can do that easily with scissors and use some sandpaper or a fingernail file to smooth the edges...

The purpose of the corner tabs is to hold the eyelids in place when they are pulled completely down for sleeping. They will even work with no eyes installed by pulling them out a little so they butt up against the dolls upper lids...

Thanks, K! 8) Email returned. Yeah, can possibly try that, but think the radius will remain too small after the trimming. But that´s not overly important to me ATM. I´ve 2 pairs of the old lids as said which are sufficient. One will get shorter, the other longer lashes again (got to replace these frequently anyway). For coloring I´ve different options at hand as well. What I need is replacement magnets and maybe 3-4 more color lenses for my EME set. Then I´m happy doll owner (again). :D :) :glou:

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:12 am Yeah, can possibly try that, but think the radius will remain too small after the trimming.
I just tested it with my factory eyes (measured 32.7mm) and the trimmed one fit perfectly. Trimming reduces the circumference a lot so they will fit even though they are slightly smaller radius.

IMG_5185 (2).jpg
IMG_5185 (2).jpg (51.8 KiB) Viewed 584 times

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

MannequinFan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:22 pm
-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:12 am Yeah, can possibly try that, but think the radius will remain too small after the trimming.
I just tested it with my factory eyes (measured 32.7mm) and the trimmed one fit perfectly. Trimming reduces the circumference a lot so they will fit even though they are slightly smaller radius.

Thanks, K! 8) So that counts for the current production set. Good to know. Will try that on my 2019 set ASAP. Btw, is EME Iris size still 13mm?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:57 pm Btw, is EME Iris size still 13mm?
Yes, they are still 13mm! 👍

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

MannequinFan wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:01 pm
-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:57 pm Btw, is EME Iris size still 13mm?
Yes, they are still 13mm! 👍
Great, thanks! 8) :thumbs_up: Do you think it´s possible to add 12mm Irises to your assortment as well? with adapted eyeballs of course. :glou:

"Average human iris size - 10.2 to 13.0 mm
The size of the iris varies from person to person with a range of 10.2 to 13.0 mm in diameter, an average size of 12 mm in diameter, and a circumference of 37 mm."
https://www.di.ubi.pt/~lfbaa/pubs/iscit2013.pdf

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:56 pm Do you think it´s possible to add 12mm Irises to your assortment as well?
To keep things simple I think I'll stick with the 13mm as long as I can get the cabochons.
I made some 12mm early on and I found them to be a little too beady looking on full size doll heads. I found 14mm a little too big, so 13mm is the "Goldilocks" size IMO. Also, the smaller the iris, the more detail is lost due to ink jet printer resolution limits.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

MannequinFan wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:19 am
-Ragnar66- wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:56 pm Do you think it´s possible to add 12mm Irises to your assortment as well?
To keep things simple I think I'll stick with the 13mm as long as I can get the cabochons.
I made some 12mm early on and I found them to be a little too beady looking on full size doll heads. I found 14mm a little too big, so 13mm is the "Goldilocks" size IMO. Also, the smaller the iris, the more detail is lost due to ink jet printer resolution limits.
Thanks, I understand. 13mm is a good compromise and one can adapt further by eye positioning (looking up, down or sideways) and depth setting. :glou:

limedoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by limedoll »

Hi MannequinFan,
I have previously purchased 2 sets of eyes with lids for our WM heads, can I order more colors? They came in a case with 4 colors each. I’d like to order another 8 colors with 2 cases.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

limedoll wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:56 pm Hi MannequinFan,
I have previously purchased 2 sets of eyes with lids for our WM heads, can I order more colors? They came in a case with 4 colors each. I’d like to order another 8 colors with 2 cases.
Hi limedoll, good to hear from you!

I can't take any more orders this month. Next sale will be on 4/1 at 2:00 PM CDT.
I usually have only a few of those available each month so you'll need to be quick. 😊
https://mfcreations3d.blogspot.com/p/th ... =131011518

limedoll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by limedoll »

MannequinFan wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:54 pm
limedoll wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:56 pm Hi MannequinFan,
Hi limedoll, good to hear from you!

I can't take any more orders this month. Next sale will be on 4/1 at 2:00 PM CDT.
I usually have only a few available each month so order early. 😊
https://mfcreations3d.blogspot.com/p/th ... =131011518
I can pick colors from the list in the website? And order beginning of April.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

limedoll wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:56 pm I can pick colors from the list in the website? And order beginning of April.
Yep, there's a drop down menu to pick each color. If you're in Georgia, sale starts at 3:00 PM (Eastern time).

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

Good to know about the sale. I am so happy with these eyes, they are nothing short of magic. Might be an idea to get Mira some more 💕👀
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Michaelangelo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:17 am Good to know about the sale. I am so happy with these eyes, they are nothing short of magic. Might be an idea to get Mira some more 💕👀
Thanks so much Michaelangelo for the kind words. It makes me happy to hear you like them! 😊

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

MannequinFan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:39 pm
Michaelangelo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:17 am Good to know about the sale. I am so happy with these eyes, they are nothing short of magic. Might be an idea to get Mira some more 💕👀
Thanks so much Michaelangelo for the kind words. It makes me happy to hear you like them! 😊
I totally agree! :D

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Begog wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:11 pm
MannequinFan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:39 pm
I totally agree! :D
Hey Begog how ya doin? Long time no hear! 😃
Jotti still looks fantastic!

BTW, Zoya says hi and thanks you for giving her a home with me and helping so much with EME development.
Thanks again man!

IMG_4976.JPG
IMG_4976.JPG (359.16 KiB) Viewed 330 times

INFORMATIONS