Starpery.com

It's a JoCart!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

It's a JoCart!

Post by Photo_guy »

Close to six months ago now I chose and purchased my doll online and settled in for ‘the wait’. And THEN I found the amazing resource of information that is this forum, D’oh! I quickly learned from several different threads here that the weight of these dolls was no doubt the greatest drawback to owning one. I quickly clicked back to my vendors website and checked- sure enough, I had ordered one of the heaviest dolls they sell, D’oh!!! This doll weighs 42kg (92lbs).

Twenty plus years ago a motorcycle accident left me with steel bars and a handful of lag bolts holding my lower spine together, picking up close to one hundred lbs is something I can do and do so regularly. But every time I do theres that little voice that says- ‘you shouldn’t be doing this…’ So I knew I should have some easier way to move the doll around in the house. The idea of a wheelchair is a good one but for me takes up too much space. And I have tile floors with a seam every eighteen inches, so the small plastic wheels of an office chair wouldn’t work too well either. So I began MacGyvering with some odds and ends I already had.
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG (256.23 KiB) Viewed 731 times
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG (238.48 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Using a dolly designed for moving kitchen appliances purchased at the hardware store for less than $15 and a discarded milk crate I came up with the ideal system for my house. The slightly larger rubber wheels roll through my house and over the seams without any worries of damaging the tile, and are spaced at the corners so tipping is not an issue. The 12x12 lid on the crate seems the perfect size for a seat.
My original plan was to use two crates and make it taller, but I’m glad I was unable to find another as one crate seems to be just the perfect height. The doll sits on the lid with feet flat on the floor. When it comes time to move I simply put my hands on her shoulders, leaning her back slightly which lifts her feet off the floor and we are freewheeling.
IMG_6496.JPG
IMG_6496.JPG (345.57 KiB) Viewed 731 times
The hinged lid makes for a great storage area that can hold, well, Jo will tell you;
"Love my cart! I can take all kinds of stuff- hair brush and barrettes, wipes, baby powder, my tub of jewelry, some sexy lingerie, olive oil, What? Oh, mineral oil- my bad. A butt plug, hehehe".

"What? No, Hush! I got this; Extra panties, sports bra in case the ride gets rough, an empty favorite lipstick so I don’t forget the color, a current favorite lipstick color, a pack of tissues, make up for my nipples, which is ridiculous- there’s nothing wrong with my nipples. P.G. puts snacks in there, spilt fucking Fritos last time, jerk. There’e a coil of rope in there, for what I don’t know. The hobby syringe filled with lube, glasses, extra lube, my orange flavored chap stick and dildos. You know, just all the stuff a doll would need for a night out in the other room".

I am still lifting the doll, but from it’s sitting position on the cart to the sofa, chair, bed or wherever it’s going is quite simple now that I’m used to it. Having the cart alleviates carrying the doll through the house, which has made life here quite a bit better.
Having the doll has led to the MacGyvering of many things but this simple cart has been the most useful of them. It’s not incredibly fancy but the doll doesn’t seem to mind at all. Not every doll owners needs are the same, bottom line I believe is to find tools and systems that work for you and your home to make this all just a bit more enjoyable and less work.
[/size]
Every day is a good day, some are just better than others. - RJD
Jo- WM 167 H Cup Fitness Model
Amber- (Shared Body) Head #266

Stacy
Five Card Draw

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: It's a JoCart!

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello, Photo_guy!

I like your doll box with wheels very much!
It is nice idea!
I also like picture where Jo counts benefits of box with wheels on fingers^^

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Very clever PG, BRAVO! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

Taeyeon wrote:Hello, Photo_guy!

I like your doll box with wheels very much!
It is nice idea!
I also like picture where Jo counts benefits of box with wheels on fingers^^

TaeYeon
Thanks! I tried to just have fun with this post.

And yeah, I love simple things that work.

Stacy
Five Card Draw

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by YungSynth »

:haha4: I loved Jo's description of all the box's perks :) You got a customer.

What? Oh, I have to make one myself? Bummer.
I might try it though! I love simple fixes that work. Beats me having to pick her all the way up to walk to another room, especially since my girls sit on beanbags and I have to dead-lift them from the floor everytime O_o

What's the height on that crate?

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

This is clever! Well done!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Just like an old car, as long as it gets Jo from point A to point B.
That's all it takes, take care of the back. :thumbs_up:
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

YungSynth wrote::haha4: I loved Jo's description of all the box's perks :) You got a customer.

What? Oh, I have to make one myself? Bummer.
I might try it though! I love simple fixes that work. Beats me having to pick her all the way up to walk to another room, especially since my girls sit on beanbags and I have to dead-lift them from the floor everytime O_o

What's the height on that crate?
Ha! So a quick measure- the total height is 17 inches from floor to top. Which is just about perfect for moving the doll to the couch or another chair, etc.
Not sure what part of the country you are in but I just seen some of these appliance dollys for $13 at a Harbor Freight store.

Stacy
Five Card Draw

Cifer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Cifer »

A very clever, ingenious, simple design....Good to see you have something figured out... :thumbs_up:
Love the MacGyver reference...One of the most Awesome dudes of the 80's....Long live the mullet!

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Those cheap furniture dollies are nice, that's a neat idea. I buy them from harbor freight to store engines. Not engine blocks either, iron V6's with all the accessories and those things still roll! So if anyone's concerned about a 100# doll on one, that's not a noteworthy amount of weight for one of these.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

I'm big on DIY too.
Long live MacGyver.

That was an awesome idea. One question. Is the milk crate screwed to the dolly? I'd be scared that the whole thing would fall over otherwise.
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Photo_guy »

BigJay039 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:34 pm I'm big on DIY too.
Long live MacGyver.

That was an awesome idea. One question. Is the milk crate screwed to the dolly? I'd be scared that the whole thing would fall over otherwise.
Ha!
Yes it is, I don't see a photo of that part, but believe I just used some wood screws with large washers directly through the holes already in the crate.

Stacy
Five Card Draw

MrJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrJ »

Photo_guy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:50 pm
BigJay039 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:34 pm I'm big on DIY too.
Long live MacGyver.

Ha!
Yes it is, I don't see a photo of that part, but believe I just used some wood screws with large washers directly through the holes already in the crate.
Totally makes sense. Thanks!
Kimber Quinn is loving her new home.
:plaidskirt:

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

Brilliant idea - well done 8) :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS