Card driven games with dolls

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Card driven games with dolls

Post by Socratus »

Alistair wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:41 pm
Socratus wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:25 amI even ended up doing mini flowcharts for myself when doing solo games
Did you just draw the flowcharts; or have you software for doing them?
I just drew them. It's not hard; it's just trial and error until it works. A couple worked quite well for a game.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

If artificial intelligence can game-master an RPG the answer may soon be upon us: https://www.howtogeek.com/871367/surpri ... r-chatgpt/

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Alistair wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 pm If artificial intelligence can game-master an RPG the answer may soon be upon us: https://www.howtogeek.com/871367/surpri ... r-chatgpt/
Thanks.
I noticed it's quite limited.

No way can a present-day AI match a decent human on the myriad of possibilities of an RPG. I can think of a dozen scenarios that would stump it. But most of all it would need to improve massively in its abilities to see and understand the nuances of governing players in even a limited open world campaign. The trick is how would it deal with unexpected situations that players may come up with without bursting their immersion? It needs to be able to keep coming up with logical (in the context of the world) stuff on the fly.

It may be possible for CRPGs, IF the game company is willing to go to the effort, but I haven't seen any sign of that yet. Most of them won't do one cost it's not worth the expense for the returns, so they say.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Alistair

Games with dolls

Post by Alistair »

If 2023 AI can bring a simple situation to life then that's a start. AI is only going to improve.

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

"Conversational" AI software has become very advanced, and is free open source available. (look at Siri and Alexa)

Responses for a specific game, or even intimate activities, would need to be programmed individually.

However, gaming development software is everywhere and easy to use... kids are even writing their own games now.

(James wrote a half a dozen using GameSalad, but even that is 8 years old now.)
I can move! Designing my robotic body
I can talk! Designing my robotic head

My Diary:
Art of me in CoverDoll Magazine

INFORMATIONS