betterlovedoll.com

TDF suggestion

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Kandicaine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TDF suggestion

Post by Kandicaine »

informalproblem wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:07 am Not a fan of turning this into a reddit clone nor bringing my outside life into TDF with Discord.

Just my opinion.
Nah I wouldn’t want a down vote or dislike system. Just a like/upvote system. I also wouldn’t want it to affect thread/comment visibility. Maybe upvote is the wrong terminology. Just a system to leave a little positivity without cluttering someone else’s discussion with short comments.

A lot of threads I’ve hopped into can get quite in expanded in discussion from the OP/title, and coming in just to say “love how the doll looks” while 8 pages in people are discussing the skeletal structure seems a bit rude so I often try to avoid doing it.
Katya - Starpery 167E viewtopic.php?t=158234

I also make music. https://soundcloud.com/illeptik

informalproblem

Re: TDF suggestion

Post by informalproblem »

Kandicaine wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:06 am
informalproblem wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:07 am Not a fan of turning this into a reddit clone nor bringing my outside life into TDF with Discord.

Just my opinion.
Nah I wouldn’t want a down vote or dislike system. Just a like/upvote system. I also wouldn’t want it to affect thread/comment visibility. Maybe upvote is the wrong terminology. Just a system to leave a little positivity without cluttering someone else’s discussion with short comments.

A lot of threads I’ve hopped into can get quite in expanded in discussion from the OP/title, and coming in just to say “love how the doll looks” while 8 pages in people are discussing the skeletal structure seems a bit rude so I often try to avoid doing it.
Please do not read what I say as an attack. I often hate debates, because text does not convey feeling very well.

Complementing someone's doll isn't rude. A few posts of people saying "Hey, I really like your doll" is perfectly fine, just scroll past it. It's not really derailing the topic onto something else, it's just a compliment and possibly the OP says thanks.

What your discussing is putting the mods and admins on 24/7 full time thread watch duty and/or paying a developer, coding in PHP, to interface with a language model ai, to read through every post. Again... using PHP.... Even after the dev completed their work, the vm compute won't be cheap. On top of that, API queries are very often not free, if using an outside provider to offset the language model compute. If using AI moderation, there is going to be the extra compute cost, just from validating each post, and an increase network traffic cost. Do they pay for staff to read each post, 24/7, or hire developers?

I hate the php language. I'm a C#/Java and sometimes Ruby dev. The creator of this comic below, uploaded it in webp, which phpBB, doesn't even accept this modern file format. I had to convert the image, to an older format, to accept the upload, to display a common peoples hate of php dev work. Granted, this not a limitation on php, but of the developers of the bulletin board application. Webp is nearly 11 years old and this phpBB build is roughly 10 years newer than the file format. Reading file formats is handled directly by our browser, not phpBB.

My point manual and auto-moderation are far too expensive. We would all end up needing to pay for access to this site, only for it to lose members faster than Twitter. The site is funded by vendor and manufacture subscriptions, so we as consumers, can have a free, happy, safe, and social atmosphere.
article-toggl-how-to-save-the-princess-in-8-programming-languages.jpg
article-toggl-how-to-save-the-princess-in-8-programming-languages.jpg (597.28 KiB) Viewed 374 times

INFORMATIONS