betterlovedoll.com

Login problems

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
chippyminton

Login problems

Post by chippyminton »

Hi folks,

I’m currently unable to log into the forum from my laptop running Windows 10. The website loads normally, but clicking on the forum access link does nothing, and eventually times out. It was working fine until today. Login from my iPhone is completely normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: Login problems

Post by Tsall »

What do you mean by "website loads normally" and what is "the forum access link"?

If the start page index.php loads I do not see a reason why the login page ucp.php?mode=login&redirect=index.php should not load.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

chippyminton

Post by chippyminton »

I haven’t explained this very well - my apologies. I’m permanently logged into the site - my problem is that I can’t get the main forum page up on the screen.

The home page loads up normally. Underneath the pictures, it says ‘Welcome to The Doll Forum’ with the last three words in yellow. When the mouse pointer is hovered over these words, they turn white, and I see dollforum.com/forum/ at the lower left hand side of the screen. Clicking on the three words has always opened up the main forum page - but now it’s not. The connection times out and brings up a ‘problem loading page’ message.

As I said - it was working fine. Nothing’s changed and every other site I visit works OK. I can’t understand what the problem could be.

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

Thanks, I understand.
That is weird, it should work. I just tested it with Chrome and Firefox. All fine. Do you have any sort of VPN, virus scanner, firewall, web protection installed? If so check if it is blocking TDF. Maybe deactivate it just for a test.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

chippyminton

Post by chippyminton »

I’m running McAfee which has an inbuilt VPN. I turned it off as you suggested, and everything’s good again. So I closed Firefox, re-enabled the VPN, opened Firefox back up again - and everything’s still good …… just as though turning the VPN off and back on again has somehow unglitched the problem.

Weird as you say. Thankyou very much for your kind help - it’s much appreciated.

INFORMATIONS