Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Question About RealDoll Likenesses.

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Plandr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Question About RealDoll Likenesses.

Post by Plandr »

I hope that all is well with you all!

I'm eager to purchase my first doll from realdoll.com after a lot of reading. The $~8K to ~$10K price point does not bother me (just anxious about the shipping time, ha ha).

One of the things I am agonizing over a bit is the face! I have a likeness that I want to match my doll to (a specific adult star). Based on the answer on the website (link below end of message), it sounds like while they might be able to match the likeness using an existing head + hair + makeup.

What is the best way for me to see if they can effectively match what I'm looking for? Do I just email them with the example likeness at the contact information on their site? Or should I use the 'custom makeup' option and upload some sort of style sheet?

https://www.realdoll.com/knowledgebase_tags/celebrity/

...If it turns out they can't match the likeness all ok and I will still purchase a doll, but if I can effectively match the face I want that would be ideal.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide on next steps here.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Question About RealDoll Likenesses.

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Look at the wicked real dolls. That will give you an idea…
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Plandr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Plandr »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:20 pm Look at the wicked real dolls. That will give you an idea…
Thank you for the quick response! What is the best way for me to contact realdoll about these customizations? Do I do this after making the purchase or before?

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Plandr wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:40 pm
TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:20 pm Look at the wicked real dolls. That will give you an idea…
Thank you for the quick response! What is the best way for me to contact realdoll about these customizations? Do I do this after making the purchase or before?

Look at the WRD on their website & contact them through the site
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

gekker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gekker »

Plandr wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:10 pm I hope that all is well with you all!

I'm eager to purchase my first doll from realdoll.com after a lot of reading. The $~8K to ~$10K price point does not bother me (just anxious about the shipping time, ha ha).

One of the things I am agonizing over a bit is the face! I have a likeness that I want to match my doll to (a specific adult star). Based on the answer on the website (link below end of message), it sounds like while they might be able to match the likeness using an existing head + hair + makeup.

What is the best way for me to see if they can effectively match what I'm looking for? Do I just email them with the example likeness at the contact information on their site? Or should I use the 'custom makeup' option and upload some sort of style sheet?

...If it turns out they can't match the likeness all ok and I will still purchase a doll, but if I can effectively match the face I want that would be ideal.

If you can go up to 10K, I would contact sales, let them know you would like to order custom hair, makeup, based on a phot you provide of the actress. After that however, I would say you would want to see the face they recommend best matches the actress from their catalog, so you can then look at it FIRST and make sure you are okay with it before production.

You are entering dangerous territory when you have something handcrafted and custom made, but ask them to pick the options.

Particularly because they cannot legally match this actress 100%. The wicked dolls have contracts backing the use of their likenesses with the models/actresses. Abyss won't recreate a person without their permission, but it seems very important that the doll strongly resembles this actress for you.

Now I have faith that they can do it, but at the end of the day if YOU don't like the selections they ultimately make, or somehow feel this doesn't resemble the woman closely enough, there could be an issue down the line.

You will have to be VERY clear what your expectation is and provide them as much guidance as possible to be sure you will be satisfied with the end result.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

Out of curiosity, are you willing to share which adult star you're thinking of?

bbc3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by bbc3 »

tbh if you have that kind of budget and want a custom head, I wouldn't go with RealDoll. Don't want to derail this thread since it's in the RD part of the forum, but a search of the TDF vendors will provide at least one possible solution you can look into.

Plandr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Plandr »

bbc3 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:17 pm tbh if you have that kind of budget and want a custom head, I wouldn't go with RealDoll. Don't want to derail this thread since it's in the RD part of the forum, but a search of the TDF vendors will provide at least one possible solution you can look into.
Thanks for this feedback (I am coming to the same conclusion in my discussions).

plandr

Plandr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Plandr »

Gaijin wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:11 pm Out of curiosity, are you willing to share which adult star you're thinking of?

Mandy Flores.
gekker wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:02 pm

If you can go up to 10K, I would contact sales, let them know you would like to order custom hair, makeup, based on a phot you provide of the actress. After that however, I would say you would want to see the face they recommend best matches the actress from their catalog, so you can then look at it FIRST and make sure you are okay with it before production.

You are entering dangerous territory when you have something handcrafted and custom made, but ask them to pick the options.

Particularly because they cannot legally match this actress 100%. The wicked dolls have contracts backing the use of their likenesses with the models/actresses. Abyss won't recreate a person without their permission, but it seems very important that the doll strongly resembles this actress for you.

Now I have faith that they can do it, but at the end of the day if YOU don't like the selections they ultimately make, or somehow feel this doesn't resemble the woman closely enough, there could be an issue down the line.

You will have to be VERY clear what your expectation is and provide them as much guidance as possible to be sure you will be satisfied with the end result.
Can you advise on why it is dangerous territory to do a custom doll? I am starting to think a custom head sculpt might be my best bet and could use a sanity check if not. EDIT: Nevermind, you are saying I need to pick the options in that case.

gekker
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gekker »

Plandr wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:33 pm
Gaijin wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:11 pm Out of curiosity, are you willing to share which adult star you're thinking of?

Mandy Flores.
gekker wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:02 pm

Can you advise on why it is dangerous territory to do a custom doll? I am starting to think a custom head sculpt might be my best bet and could use a sanity check if not. EDIT: Nevermind, you are saying I need to pick the options in that case.
It isn't dangerous ordering a custom doll.

I'm pointing out he problem that COULD arise iif you ask for a doll resembling an actual person that doesn't give permission.

Basically, they can try to get as close as possible with the faces and options available to them.

But, if your expectations aren't met, you may be disappointed if YOU don't think it is a good match.

To avoid that, I just encourage you to be very detailed on what aspects of this actress you most want to be captured.

They are artists, the more descriptive you can be, the better.

If you hand them a photo, knowing they can't recreate this person exactly, you leave a lot open to the interpretation of the person working on the doll. That part could leave a gap between your expectation and what you get delivered, and at that point it will be too late.

Edit: Saw your edit. Custom sculpt will cost significantly more and they still won't recreate the actress 100%. Personally, I would look into the Jenny, Stacy, or Quinn face for the actress you listed. Body A or if you want a "harder body "look Body H. Send in a head shot for the hair and makeup. Just my opinion though. Talking to someone that can walk you through is the best bet, just be sure to be specific like I was saying.

INFORMATIONS