Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

My Dolls stand might be broken :(

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ASteele94

My Dolls stand might be broken :(

Post by ASteele94 »

So I got in touch with Reggie recently in regards to tightening my dolls skull. So today, I pull out Samantha's stand, planning to set her up on it, and get her fixed up!

Sadly, one of the tightening mechanisms (the one that tightens the legs) has come loose, and will not fully tighten. Has anyone heard of this ever happening? Did I somehow strip or cross thread the bolt? :(

I really don't have the money for a new stand if I messed this one up.
My Girls:
Samantha Yuuki-RealDoll (Body AA/Laila)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: My Dolls stand might be broken :(

Post by seagull »

Usually it's pretty difficult to cross-thread but if the thread is not good quality or you've got muscles on your muscles then it sounds as though the thread stripped
Without knowing what type of fastening is used, handles have been known to let go of screws
A close inspection of the thread should reveal a rounding of the tops of the threads in both nut and screw

Of course a picture would be useful but not everyone has the equipment to do really close-up shots :)

ASteele94

Post by ASteele94 »

This is the best I could do with my IPhone camera at 10PM, with little to no natural lighting.

I did clean the threads inside the hole on the stand, and its all good and clean. But the handle and screw will just spin infinitely.
IMG_3081.JPG
IMG_3081.JPG (3.56 MiB) Viewed 390 times
IMG_3082.JPG
IMG_3082.JPG (4 MiB) Viewed 390 times
IMG_3084.JPG
IMG_3084.JPG (4.48 MiB) Viewed 390 times
IMG_3085.JPG
IMG_3085.JPG (4.53 MiB) Viewed 390 times
My Girls:

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

looks like a cross thread. probably the best bet is to contact them for a new piece if its replaceable.
You can maybe try a tread repair kit from Amazon

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Not so much cross threaded as stripped to the bone :(
A replacement bolt from hardware should get you out of trouble, guessing it's maybe 8mm

ASteele94

Post by ASteele94 »

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I did reach out to Abyss on this, and Jeff basically parroted (and confirmed) what everyone here has said. Sadly, they don't offer replacements in a situation like this. But any hardware store should have what I need, and I'm hoping to update this thread when I get it all fixed!
My Girls:

INFORMATIONS