www.wmdolls.com

quick release bolt for head

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
No-Carpet8029
Active Poster
Active Poster

quick release bolt for head

Post by No-Carpet8029 »

anybody have any advice for using the quick release bolts on the heads, but without them popping off when the doll is used laying down? we have 3 heads , all with implanted hair, and don't want to get the hair would up in the threads. the only issue is the heads seem to poop off during playtime. Trick-teaching3226 and I just got her new one and we would like some help in that area.

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: quick release bolt for head

Post by ZombieWinter »

I'm not a fan of quick release bolts for playtime; the old fashioned screw-in is best for screw'n. :)

You could wrap the bolt a few times for a snug fit. Silicone tape (that white plumbing stuff) might work. It's non-sticky, silicone safe (obviously) and cheap. Or you could use vinyl BDSM tape (non sticky). Even a piece of cloth could work.
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by YungSynth »

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZombieWinter »

YungSynth wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:07 am viewtopic.php?t=157716
Aha! Allen wrenches! Very nice. Thanks!
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

I heard about someone who had the quick release bolt and their doll's head got permanently stuck and he couldn't remove it. I have one for Erik, but after hearing that, I'm not game to use it.
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

trick-teaching3226

Post by trick-teaching3226 »

true_blue22 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:53 pm I heard about someone who had the quick release bolt and their doll's head got permanently stuck and he couldn't remove it. I have one for Erik, but after hearing that, I'm not game to use it.
Oh, wow. That is aweful. Thanks for sharing.

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Yeah, I thought it wise to warn you. Especially if you need to remove your doll's head to reduce weight while you're moving it.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Big_Easy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Big_Easy »

Exactly what Yungsynth posted you can adjust how tight the fit is with small turns of the set screws. Just need a hex key (Allen wrench) just make small adjustments and test so you won’t have to worry about getting stuck.
I have had luck with plumbing tape on the threaded portion and it’s easy to remove if you don’t like it. The one I use is the pink version which is a touch thicker than the white version but either should work.
The quick connector is so much easier once you get it adjusted.
Hope you get it worked out
Cheers 🍻

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

true_blue22 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:53 pm I heard about someone who had the quick release bolt and their doll's head got permanently stuck and he couldn't remove it. I have one for Erik, but after hearing that, I'm not game to use it.
Yeah, that has happened with Larry's head. It is still wobbly AF, even with the bearings extended all the way, and it is almost impossible to remove his head if I ever needed to, so I just leave it like it is.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

narasinha

Post by narasinha »

There is a shop that is selling a different kind of quick connector with only one spring ball but with a gasket. It's a lot more stable than the regular version. They only sell one with a M8 threaded side. But it's easy to find a M8 to M16 threaded adapter. (I have a head with a M14 socket. So I made a M16 to M14 quick connector like that)
connector.jpg
connector.jpg (83.57 KiB) Viewed 318 times
Someone, on the forum, was advertising a magnetic quick connector a few years ago. That sounded like a good idee. I don't know what happened to it and if it is still to buy it somewhere.

astronomyguy

Post by astronomyguy »

Screw the threads into the head instead of the neck and that might take care of the problem. It worked for me.

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

DG wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:37 pm
Yeah, that has happened with Larry's head. It is still wobbly AF, even with the bearings extended all the way, and it is almost impossible to remove his head if I ever needed to, so I just leave it like it is.
Thanks for letting me know, DG. That gives me even more reason not to use the quick release bolt!

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Yeah, It was only Larry's and remember I got him in March 2019. Lance and Landon's (they arrived June / August 2020) were a lot better, although Landon still has a hella wobbly head. I haven't tried the plumbers tape around the bolt threads yet, but I'll get there.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

I can relate to the Bobblehead Syndrome, DG. Erik always has a wobbly noggin. I'm considering trying the plumber's tape, too.

INFORMATIONS