kimberdoll.com

Still dating after 18 months....lol!

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Another_Al_Bundy

Still dating after 18 months....lol!

Post by Another_Al_Bundy »

The Good

- price, price and price. Yes big ticket upgrades like gel breats, removable vagina, and better skeleton (esp floppy neck...) would be great, but lets keep things in perspective, *just* a WM head costs around AU$600....

- with good care, especially diligent internal cleaning, her silicone is still *almost* in as-new condition with plenty of years left. So IMHO external/visual quality excellent for the price.

The Bad (relative)

- as mentioned elsewhere the head paint (lips, teeth) is not very durable and wears away quickly from little more than basic washing. I also never found a good head drainage position ( thinking of welding up my own stand) that didnt bump her eyelashes, so over time these are gone as well. I can see gluing these back is tricky, and Ive read that repainting is nigh impossible as well. So its a shame we can't simply buy new heads directly from Kimber or maube someone should create a refurbishment business. Lol.

- fingers. Yup the wire is crap, and for many expected doll poses they get squished and deform. Not a biggie for me, but she aint a hand model anymore! Only lost one fingernail - which aint bad.

- standing feet. After she slipped over in the shower (noob error) I replaced the feet screws with rubber, making her very stable in most standing positions. Not pretty though, so bobby socks generally a must.
From the marketing photos she is never shown completely free standing, and although I havent got any comparison I would have thought this a high end skill requiring different weight distribution as well as a much better skeleton.

- neck joint. Sure you get what you pay for but this seems a significant limitation compared to real folks and, from marketing images, other dolls. The movement range is small (eg. she cant properly look forward when lying down) and nor is there any resistance in the joint, so the weight of the head simply goes where gravity dictates. Its not a game changer but does make certain poses far less attractive.

The Ugly (relative)

- joint strength. As discussed previously one of her hip joints has partially released, so there is zero friction on one leg when lifted. This makes carrying and posing her significantly more awkward. As discussed with Kimber apparently it takes considerable force to damage a joint, so it was likely my fault. However I cannot think of any event where this may have occurred, nor has any other joint failed since. IMHO the joints are, like the entire doll, made to a price. Because despite only being brought out maybe 1 or 2 times a month all of her joints are significantly looser than when new.

Pros and cons with this, however as a standing doll if the decline in joint strength continues down this path then it will probably be this, rather than any damage to the silicone body, that would bring our relationship to a crashing (pun intended) end!

Summary

Would I buy another? Undecided, because she is still incredible value-for-money compared to other dolls. And as a "first" doll I think she simply has no competition, because there is a learning curve and some noob errors can significantly damage a doll. Better to learn here me thinks.......

Not only would another doll need the big ticket uprades listed above, a better skeleton would be an absolute must. But hard to asess the mechanical side without buying one and using it over time - so a classic Catch 22.

So if anyone has the harem to directly compare let me know!

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Still dating after 18 months....lol!

Post by JustDude »

Hey thanks for the 18 month review. Glad she's holding up well for you.

I agree, one cannot go wrong with a Kimber as a starter doll.
Learning how to maneuver and maintain a cheaper doll is definitely less ''stressful'', for a lack of a better word, than starting out with a $2k+ doll for sure!

Here is to many more wonderful years with you and your Kimber!

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

Seconded. I'm on WM right now, having worn my Kimber out learning how to care for and use a doll, but am going to buy a new Kimber when possible. Kim will return!

Another_Al_Bundy

the living tribunal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:24 pm Seconded. I'm on WM right now....
Any details on whether the WM Doll skeleton is significantly better? TIA. 👍

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

Another_Al_Bundy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:57 am
the living tribunal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:24 pm Seconded. I'm on WM right now....
Any details on whether the WM Doll skeleton is significantly better? TIA. 👍
Yes, but only the boned fingers and shrugging shoulders; they are a huge improvement; however, that is for me only relevant for photography; I wouldn't have spent 3 x as much on a doll if she were only for sex and/or as a companion. The neck is more reliable but not as much of a big step up; some people get lucky with goose necks (I did) and others find them too loose.

In short, the WM skeleton is a big improvement on the Kimber skeleton, but the improvements are mostly relevant to photography and don't matter so much if all you want is sex or a companion.

Honcho

Post by Honcho »

I have a Kimber and for a starter doll, she is incredible. I have only had her since Feb (22) so not long, all her fingers are broken but the rest of her is still in good condition. Don't have any issues with her neck or joints as yet. Yes make up on her face is poor and I have to keep using lipstick to recolour her lips, and for her teeth I use white eye shadow. I also put some eye shadow around her eyes to help with the cosmetics.
For me her eyelashes are a big problem as I like to change her eyes positions a lot. The bottom ones I just leave off now, then use black eyeliner to colour the bottom lip black so it looks like there's a lash there. I also use this black eye liner pen for her eyebrows. I also add freckles for character, (though they pretty faded in this pic)

All in all an awesome doll. Be nice to see how a modern WM doll compares, I have one on order.

Gary
Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

soonpk
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by soonpk »

:glou: Glad you are still together.
My Doll Photo Thread: viewtopic.php?t=162724 Check it out

Another_Al_Bundy

Thx all, that's interesting about the WM skeleton. My Kimber has never been able to hold the head up pose shown by WM Doll marketing and for me to even consider an upgraded doll this stronger neck joint would be absolutely required. Not get significantly looser over time either...... I also wonder about the weight of some dolls, some are over 40kg....since she carries like a sack of potatoes 27kg makes Kimber a lightweight.....

INFORMATIONS