Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Storage solutions

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

FBC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Storage solutions

Post by FBC »

I'm currently waiting for a realdoll, and one of the things to decide is considering my options for storing the doll.

I already have two other (non-realdoll) dolls that I store in flight cases that I customized with foam and fabric, but they are smaller, do not have features that would make it logical to keep them upright, and are of the common type with easily removable heads.

Since the realdoll will be somewhat heavier, I'd like it to remain on the same floor rather than traversing stairs, which is the main limit to the options. I'm also assuming that realdolls are designed to not have the head frequently removed.

Getting an additional flight case would take up a disproportional amount of floor space. Not only will the doll be larger than the other dolls, but keeping the head on further inflates the required container size. I wouldn't be worried about deformation since I can shape the foam like I did in my current flight cases to shift support away from the butt.

Setting up the shipping container as storage wouldn't be appropriate for any room. It would look unsightly and stand out.

There is no room in or under existing furniture, such as under the bed.

My main consideration is to simply keep the doll either on the bed or on a stand out in the open. I do not need to protect the doll from being discovered by non-adults, but there may still be visitors and a human-sized shape under a sheet in a room that I don't expect someone to go in to feels inadequate.

My last consideration is to search for a closet that's designed to have the backside mounted to a wall, and install it with a hole through the back, a hook mounted to the wall, and some padding. Essentially replicate the design of the stand inside of furniture. The challenge there is to find something that is large enough for a doll, does not have internal compartments, is not too deep so that putting the doll in becomes challenging, and has something that deters casual inspection such as a lock. I have not yet seen anything to meet those criteria.

Any other options?

Brick

Re: Storage solutions

Post by Brick »

If you dont have fear of discovery, I would put her on a stand in your bedroom. Or hang her on the wall in your closet. Just make sure you put some foam behind her and keep her butt off the wall.
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

The best way to keep your new ReaDoll safe is to hang her on a doll stand of some kind. :thumbs_up:
I think the official Abyss tripod takes up too much floor space, so I modified a cheap gym weight rack bought off eBay as a doll stand.
My doll stand takes up much less floor space and you get two stands as well. :D
Here is a link to my gym weight rack doll stand:

viewtopic.php?t=122677

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

My solution: standard IKEA tall cupboard, 60 cm or whatever depth, false back wall at half-way point, all shelves re-cut to fit. Stacked up with office supplies and so forth to hide any obvious "shallowness". Cheap furniture lock optional (bought but haven't fit yet since I want to do all my closets the same way -- avoids any suspicion that one closet has, erm, unusual contents).

Won't stand more than a casual look when unlocked or a determined effort by someone with a prybar or heavy screwdriver when secure but then again, there's plenty of things in my house like that, this is nothing unusual.

And I am always of the opinion: curiosity killed the cat.

You start nosing around and find skeletons -- or in this case, a beautiful, half-naked woman -- in my closet, it's your own fault... Shoulda read Bluebeard's Castle!
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

FBC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by FBC »

Michaelangelo wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:26 am My solution: standard IKEA tall cupboard, 60 cm or whatever depth, false back wall at half-way point, all shelves re-cut to fit.
There's no need to go to the extent of secret storage - it's my home, I can tell people not to do things.
And for that reason, it is an option for me to just set the doll up on a stand out in the open in a closed room or to pull up the bed's sheets - as Brick suggests.

But there's always the unanticipated. Someone asked to do maintenance might have to go into an area of the home that you thought would be an off limits area, or it can just be the fear that there may come an awkward moment explaining that a certain room is off limits.
For that, the most practical option that I've seen for a realdoll - which needs some sort of pin for the neck bolt to be at a specific height - appears to be to modify a closet or cabinet. The least impactful option that I'm seeing is to modify an archival closet and use the wall behind it as part of the structure. They come in varying depths and heights, have flexible shelving, and have a simple lock. I think the biggest challenge might be finding something to convert into a wall-mounted pin, of a suitable length.

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

FBC, yeah, if I had a RD, I could add a pin for the neck bolt at the back - there's still room. As it is, my Miranda just stands up with her back to the wall. I need her to be a bit more out of the way but the idea of modifying an archival closet seems sound. Good luck with your project!
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

INFORMATIONS