betterlovedoll.com

TDF's New Format, Yea or Nay?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.

Do you like TDF's new format?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:16 pm

Yes.
51%
No.
49%

Total votes: 65

Celtic_Babog
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: TDF's New Format, Yea or Nay?

Post by Celtic_Babog »

I like it, the update was long overdue 👍

Also thanks for doing it, I know it's done by volunteers 🙂
I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realise, its a fucking comedy 🥲

👉 Review of Irontech 160cm silicone doll.👈

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Like many of the things we use everyday, there is a lot hidden behind the scenes to make it work. We were stuck in what you might consider Windows 95. Now I now that some of you weren't even born then but, for some of us, the thought of trying to run Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, etc. on a Windows 95 operating system is laughable. That's what the TDF upgrade is about. Getting that underlying system up to the 21st century standards.
Hopefully we will adapt, look back at the "old" TDF and wonder how we ever got by. LOL

fred01
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by fred01 »

I really like this new layout, the design is more modern. Well done :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Well seen also for the notification :thumbs_up:

I chose to put the forum in black, it's classy! 8)

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Stewie studmuffin wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:10 am I don't like it at all. Granted I'm the type of person who doesn't like changes in general but I'm definitely finding this new format difficult to read for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but it bothers my eyes and I feel like I will get a headache if stay on too long.
I really hate to say that as I know the staff put a lot of work into this upgrade and I'm sure it will make some things better for certain users.
But for me it will certainly take a bit of getting used to. I just hope that I CAN get used to it. :(
It's not just you! Something in the color/brightness/font/layout is just fucking hard to read. It makes my eyes hurt, gives me a headache.
This is not a pretty site, nor does it need to be. It is a communications tool. And if I can't read the fuckin thing, it's no good at communication.

Hate it. Hands down.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has anyone noticed that we can now upload multiple images at once with the attachment tool?
That's a big improvement over before, thanks for that.
If I hadn't already pressed yes, I would do it again now.
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

R0b1n

Post by R0b1n »

I'm late to vote nay, the font is more difficult to read. Stuff moved to the right side for no reason makes me scan all over the screen and it's just annoying. This feels like change for the sake of change, not to fix something broken. I really don't want to read this mess :(

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

its aight
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Hi R0b1n,
These can all be adjusted now...
Click your username in the upper right
Now click - user control panel
Click -Board preferences
Click - Edit display options
Look for - Post profile side and change to Left
just under is Font - Change to 130%
Don't forget to click submit

R0b1n wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:15 pm I'm late to vote nay, the font is more difficult to read. Stuff moved to the right side for no reason makes me scan all over the screen and it's just annoying. This feels like change for the sake of change, not to fix something broken. I really don't want to read this mess :(

INFORMATIONS